Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I cleared the UG list on 2363 JFK-LAX last Fri about 830pm (scheduled 9pm departure had just been delayed to 920; we actually pushed back around 10 and arrived LAX at 110am Sat); since I had an outbound AS flight at 835am and wasn't going to leave the terminal, I went to the SC at LAX hoping to take a quick shower ... the scanner only recognized the date on the BP and said "No" so the agent had to manually override something in the system to get me in

when I went back at around 630am to see about coffee and juice and something to eat, a different agent told me in no uncertain terms that the LAX SC manager insisted that they only use what's in the Lounge Tracking System (apparently yet another element of DL IT that's in its own world) and would not let anyone override that data ... she basically read the standard "I understand your disappointment ..." script from the Customer Service 101 manual, and did not sound at all sincere about it

the rest of the story: I was departing SEA-MSP at 1255am Sun; at about 1130pm Sat I went to the SC and asked if the JFK-LAX BP was essentially a day pass or it was only valid at those locations; at first the agent said the question was moot since it was past 24 hrs at point of issue, but when I said I'd had no chance to take advantage of the JFK club due to receiving the UG at the gate, she let me in to use the shower anyway
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl22
I cleared the UG list on 2363 JFK-LAX last Fri about 830pm (scheduled 9pm departure had just been delayed to 920; we actually pushed back around 10 and arrived LAX at 110am Sat); since I had an outbound AS flight at 835am and wasn't going to leave the terminal, I went to the SC at LAX hoping to take a quick shower ... the scanner only recognized the date on the BP and said "No" so the agent had to manually override something in the system to get me in

when I went back at around 630am to see about coffee and juice and something to eat, a different agent told me in no uncertain terms that the LAX SC manager insisted that they only use what's in the Lounge Tracking System (apparently yet another element of DL IT that's in its own world) and would not let anyone override that data ... she basically read the standard "I understand your disappointment ..." script from the Customer Service 101 manual, and did not sound at all sincere about it

the rest of the story: I was departing SEA-MSP at 1255am Sun; at about 1130pm Sat I went to the SC and asked if the JFK-LAX BP was essentially a day pass or it was only valid at those locations; at first the agent said the question was moot since it was past 24 hrs at point of issue, but when I said I'd had no chance to take advantage of the JFK club due to receiving the UG at the gate, she let me in to use the shower anyway
Maybe the agent realized that you needed a shower?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ha! I trust you just overlooked the html coding

<sarcasm>
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe the agent realized that you needed a shower?
</sarcasm>

in truth I asked if the shower was available as soon as she said "please come in as our guest"
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by SkanderH

Seperate new question
My understanding was PM status allowed into the Skyclub for free for any Intl flight regardless of class of service?
I may be wrong on this, but I do not believe lounge access is given on US-Canada/Mexico and Caribbean destinations. The rules appear to show lounge access is available, but I could not find the definitive answer on DL.com
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I may be wrong on this, but I do not believe lounge access is given on US-Canada/Mexico and Caribbean destinations. The rules appear to show lounge access is available, but I could not find the definitive answer on DL.com
IIRC it's lounge access for Canada at certain USA hub airports, yes for MEX but no for elsewhere in Mexico, and no for Caribbean flights.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Sky Club Access

I am flying ATL-DTW-AMS and I am a GM, will I have access for myself and a guest in economy while in ATL or only in DTW? I was not sure if they count you leaving on an international flight when you still have a connection in America before you leave.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:10 am

Assuming that your travel is on the same day, you have access in both airports.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec
same question for me, but for reverse travel (CDG-DTW-CLT): will I have access to the lounge in DTW (all 2 flights are the same day)
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:31 pm

Yes, assuming all flights are SkyTeam and not US on DTW-CLT. This also assumes one PNR, not nonrev, etc.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Yes, assuming all flights are SkyTeam and not US on DTW-CLT. This also assumes one PNR, not nonrev, etc.
PNR is not relevant. If you have lounge access on an international itinerary via STE+, you can guest in any one person who is traveling on any SkyTeam flight. Doesn't have to be the same flight, or even the same airline.

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...Access-Policy/
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
PNR is not relevant. If you have lounge access on an international itinerary via STE+, you can guest in any one person who is traveling on any SkyTeam flight. Doesn't have to be the same flight, or even the same airline.

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...Access-Policy/
Your guest need not be on the same PNR as you, but the GM+ on international itinerary would seem not to apply if you have two itineraries on the same day and are trying to access the lounge around segments on the domestic ticket/itinerary rather than with flights on the international itinerary. For example, suppose I fly EZE-ATL, arriving about 6am on one ticket. I spend the day in Atlanta and in the evening fly ATL-DTW-MSP on a different PNR/ticket that has no international segments. Without a SC membership, Reserve card, or AmEx Plat/Centurion card, I would not expect free lounge access in DTW.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:59 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Your guest need not be on the same PNR as you, but the GM+ on international itinerary would seem not to apply if you have two itineraries on the same day and are trying to access the lounge around segments on the domestic ticket/itinerary rather than with flights on the international itinerary. For example, suppose I fly EZE-ATL, arriving about 6am on one ticket. I spend the day in Atlanta and in the evening fly ATL-DTW-MSP on a different PNR/ticket that has no international segments. Without a SC membership, Reserve card, or AmEx Plat/Centurion card, I would not expect free lounge access in DTW.
I believe bennos is correct. In your example you could access the lounge both in the am and pm. DL doesnt put a time frame on "same day" travel. Traveling any time internationally that day as STE+ and yiu get access. Just show the intl BP.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sorka
same question for me, but for reverse travel (CDG-DTW-CLT): will I have access to the lounge in DTW (all 2 flights are the same day)
Yes you can. I often travel europe-US hub-final destination and never had a problem using the club in JFK, ATL or SEA.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
What about Same PNR, But Not Same Day?

What about this situation for GM+ wife traveling without me?

Departs SAN-DTW at 10:35pm
Continues on from DTW-YUL the next morning on the same PNR.

Can she use the lounge at SAN?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:18 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Bowgie
What about this situation for GM+ wife traveling without me?

Departs SAN-DTW at 10:35pm
Continues on from DTW-YUL the next morning on the same PNR.

Can she use the lounge at SAN?
Not based just on status, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.