Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
Originally Posted by SkanderH
Just got into the ATL Skyclub with my Skymiles sliver card (not the regular AMEX Platinum - The skymiles silver one) for free. Up untill now, I have been charged 25 $ - The discounted rate for holders of that card. Has something changed?

P.S: I am SM PM and have a J class bp today, if any of that is relevant.

Cheers
Domestic or international flight? International flights in J get access, domestic doesn't (except LAX/SFO - JFK).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When you say J class, do you mean you are traveling internationally? (I.e. not on a domestic flight coded as Business?)

Because if so, all pax traveling in the Business cabin get complimentary lounge access on international flights, and so do SkyTeam Elite Plus passengers traveling internationally (even in coach).
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm a little confused... by 'skymiles silver card' you mean your skymiles Amex Plat credit card? I also see that you are a plat medallion.

If you are traveling international on a J ticket, you get skyclub access included. Also as a PM, that means even on a coach international ticket you get access due to skyteam elite plus.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: Skymiles PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold#1
Thanks all for your replies.

I am travelling ATL-BOS, J-class because of an IRROP, so dom, not Intl.
Hence my surprise.

Seperate new question
My understanding was PM status allowed into the Skyclub for free for any Intl flight regardless of class of service?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
I'm a little confused... by 'skymiles silver card' you mean your skymiles Amex Plat credit card? I also see that you are a plat medallion.

If you are traveling international on a J ticket, you get skyclub access included. Also as a PM, that means even on a coach international ticket you get access due to skyteam elite plus.

I meant skymiles Amex Plat CC. I used the word silver to avoid confusion with the regular Amex Plat.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:28 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Seperate new question
My understanding was PM status allowed into the Skyclub for free for any Intl flight regardless of class of service?
Yes, that's correct. STE+ (GM,PM,DM) gets same-day lounge access with an international itinerary.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Odd, you shouldn't get free access just for an ATL-BOS flight. Lucky oversight by the SC agent? Or perhaps it is the same flight number/continuation of an intl flight and so they got confused and gave free admittance?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you'll post your personal details, I'm sure DL will be glad to bill your DL AmEx credit card.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Odd, you shouldn't get free access just for an ATL-BOS flight. Lucky oversight by the SC agent? Or perhaps it is the same flight number/continuation of an intl flight and so they got confused and gave free admittance?
I'm trying to figure out if the flight is a code share with KLM or Air Mx or something, but can't find that info.

If that is indeed the case, it would be a great loophole for getting into the SC going forward!

And no it wasn't oversight by the SC agent, she swiped the card and it didn't ask for any charge.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you'll post your personal details, I'm sure DL will be glad to bill your DL AmEx credit card.
MSPeconomist, I will do that, the day they make the Kryptonium level a real one.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
MSPeconomist, I will do that, the day they make the Kryptonium level a real one.
It is a real level. I proudly carry the card in my wallet.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:53 pm

It is a real level. I proudly carry the card in my wallet.

Last edited by SkanderH; Jun 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight 444 ATL-BOS is a continuation of BOG-ATL. Flight 412 is a continuation of SJO-ATL.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
That's cold...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:42 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by campbe79
Domestic or international flight? International flights in J get access, domestic doesn't (except LAX/SFO - JFK).
Also JFK - DEN/LAS/PDX/SAN/SEA
Full Fare Y gets access to lounges at both ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.