Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:45 am

flying China Eastern from sydney to china to lax in november on a dl business elite award ticket with transfer to a dl (actually skywest) coach flight (award ticket, no first available at this time)> This is my last 3 segments (of15) in a DL around the world business class award trip. My question is there a DL (or other skyteam) lounge that i could visit (even shower in) due my travel that day in business from Austrilia to China to Lax? Would there be a lot of terminal hoping from China Eaastern Flight to lounge to delta skywest flight? Sorry for the confusion probably the last good trip of my life.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JRV62
Does anyone know if I qualify for lounge access at lax, coming in on Air Tahiti in J and continuing on AS in F on a DL award ticket. If not can someone suggest a lounge in LAX with beds that I can possibly buy access for the day. Thanks
I doubt it. Air Tahiti (NUI? I think they're the DL partner) uses TBIT, which segregates departure and arrival passengers, so that you wouldn't be allowed access to the lounge they use for outbound passengers. They're also not a member of SkyTeam, so the usual lounge policies for SkyTeam international business class or ElitePlus people wouldn't apply. Check the AS rules but IIRC they don't allow lounge use on award FC tickets, only for those with paid FC fares, although there's a slight chance that they might treat a ticket paid with DL miles (as opposed to AS miles) as counting as paid for this purpose since DL did pay them something for your ticket.

The AS lounge in T6 accepts PP, but I don't know whether you can pay to enter. You can pay to enter the DL SC in T5 (connected via tunnel to T6, which AS uses so you can get airside here) if you have a DL AmEx card. You might be able to buy a day pass on eBay or CraigsList but YMMV.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Flying MSP-LHR next week. As a PM, will I get SkyClub access regardless of ticket class? I think that's what it says on the website, but seems worth confirming.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:19 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Does anyone know if I qualify for lounge access at lax, coming in on Air Tahiti in J and continuing on AS in F on a DL award ticket. If not can someone suggest a lounge in LAX with beds that I can possibly buy access for the day. Thanks
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the AS rules but IIRC they don't allow lounge use on award FC tickets, only for those with paid FC fares
Any AS F ticket, except for complimentary UG's for elites, are eligible for Board Room access. So yes, you would be able to get into the AS Boardroom, which generally is nicer than the DL SkyClub.

I don't believe any lounge you might have access to has beds. Any such lounge, if they existed, would be in the TBIT, which you can't access as a departing passenger without a boarding pass for an airline flying out of there.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by tfox
Flying MSP-LHR next week. As a PM, will I get SkyClub access regardless of ticket class? I think that's what it says on the website, but seems worth confirming.
Yes, you will have SC access. There's lots of useful information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Yes, you will have SC access. There's lots of useful information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Thank you! I had already chosen 30A, and the first thing I noticed in that thread was that I made a good choice. Looks like I have some reading material for the next week.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fti
Any AS F ticket, except for complimentary UG's for elites, are eligible for Board Room access. So yes, you would be able to get into the AS Boardroom, which generally is nicer than the DL SkyClub.

I don't believe any lounge you might have access to has beds. Any such lounge, if they existed, would be in the TBIT, which you can't access as a departing passenger without a boarding pass for an airline flying out of there.
Thanks for the help, we have an extended layover so we may look for a hotel with a daybed and then go to the boardroom. Any recommendations for a hotel?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks for the help, we have an extended layover so we may look for a hotel with a daybed and then go to the boardroom. Any recommendations for a hotel?
Not sure how long your 'extended' is but if you are talking about LAX, there are many hotels either on or right off Century 10 min or less from the airport. Nearly all of them offer free shuttle service from the airport.

You can Google LAX airport hotels and many will come back... Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, TravelLodge, Holiday Inn, etc. Depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Not sure how long your 'extended' is but if you are talking about LAX, there are many hotels either on or right off Century 10 min or less from the airport. Nearly all of them offer free shuttle service from the airport.

You can Google LAX airport hotels and many will come back... Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, TravelLodge, Holiday Inn, etc. Depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay.
Thanks for the advice!!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:09 pm

Does anyone know if First Class/Business Elite fares get complimentary Sky Club access on the non-stop ATL-HNL route? Would it matter if it were refundable fare or not?
Old May 2, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Do I have SkyClub Access?

DL just sent me this email...I'm now an FO and carry a DL Platinum Amex:

A DELTA SKY CLUB REMINDER.

UPDATES TO COMPLIMENTARY CLUB GUEST ACCESS ARE EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Earlier this year, Delta Sky ClubŪ announced changes to membership and guest access that will provide more privacy and comfort in the Club.

As a customer who receives complimentary Club access as a benefit of your eligible charge or credit card, you will continue to receive complimentary access. Effective today, if you'd like to bring a guest, you may enter with up to two for $29 per guest per visit.

To learn more about updates to Club membership and guest access policies, please visit delta.com/skyclub.

We hope to see you at the Club soon.
I thought I needed the Reserve Amex to get club access?
Old May 2, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
No, you do not receive free access

Delta Sky Clubs Reduced Rate
Delta Sky ClubŪ Reduced Rate benefit (currently $25 per person and $29 as of May 1, 2014) is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members and up to two guests and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Benefit permits access to one Club location and is not transferable to another Club. Payment must be made in person with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Card Member must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also accessing the Club using the Reduced Rate benefit or as a Club member. Please drink responsibly. Partner lounges are not included. Amenities may vary among airport Club locations. Offers and rules subject to change without notice. All Delta Sky Club rules apply and additional restrictions may apply. This information is accurate as of 12/27/2013. For the most current Delta Sky Club access, pricing policy, and Club rules, please visit https://www.delta.com/skyclub.
Old May 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I am confused. I bought a 3 year membership for me and Mr. Marylou when there was a promo. Under the terms of what I purchased (with $$), the rules stated I could bring 2 guests in for free.

So do we fall under the new "no free guest" rule as of May 1st, or are we still under the 2 free guests rule until our membership expires next year?
Old May 2, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Marylou
I am confused. I bought a 3 year membership for me and Mr. Marylou when there was a promo. Under the terms of what I purchased (with $$), the rules stated I could bring 2 guests in for free.

So do we fall under the new "no free guest" rule as of May 1st, or are we still under the 2 free guests rule until our membership expires next year?
Good question but I would imagine the fine print says that the rules can be changed at any time. OTOH if your offer specifically states that you can bring in two guests during the term of your membership, that might be different.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marylou

Existing memberships were converted to Executive Memberships which allow 2 guests or immediate family members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.