Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My understanding is yes, assuming that TSA allows you to get to the door of the lounge.
At SFO, that's not currently an issue.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond, hilton gold
First class (p) ticket

I'm flying from seattle to lax on a first class ticket (p). When looking online at access to sky lounge it says available with first class Y ticket. I double checked on multiple dates and never found a first class fare with Y next to it. My question is will I get access with the first class (p) ticket? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Y is full fare coach.

NO SC access. I suspect that you were looking at the rules for the nonstop JFK-LAX/SFO transcons.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:45 pm

I was looking at the SeaTac club access. It says domestic flights with first class (y) tickets. Also on my trip itinerary it isn't giving me the option to buy a day pass so I'm assuming it's included?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Y is full fare coach.

NO SC access. I suspect that you were looking at the rules for the nonstop JFK-LAX/SFO transcons.
There's several other JFK routes that get it too --

"Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta First Class, Delta One or full Y-class ticket between New York-JFK and Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and San Francisco."

But, otherwise, yes, no lounge access for domestic First.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mel14
I was looking at the SeaTac club access. It says domestic flights with first class (y) tickets. Also on my trip itinerary it isn't giving me the option to buy a day pass so I'm assuming it's included?

This is simply not true. Only the SEA-JFK route gets lounge access for FC or full-Y fares. Perhaps you could provide a link for what you are looking at. I see nothing that says first class(y) which doesn't even make sense as Y is a coach fare. Here is a link for the full access rules -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:06 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
I had thought a DL Sky Club membership will get you into the joint Skyteam lounges in London, Istanbul, and Sydney, but they are not showing up (but they are also not showing up for DL Skyteam Elite Plus which I believe should also have access to these). Maybe I'm mis-remembering or maybe the access policy has changed for the joint lounges. The Sydney lounge just opened back in January and is not listed on the DL site yet.
Interestingly, the DL Access site doesn't even list the IST lounge as available for STE+ passengers. I assume this is a mistake, right?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:09 pm

You are correct. I was misreading reading the full Y as a first Y. Sorry.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Not a DL member but I have ST Elite Plus. Planning a round trip SFO-ATL-PTY in F and J. Did a quick search and I'm pretty sure I'll have access SC on the way out at ATL. Will I have access at ATL on return? Much appreciated.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sky Club Access

I am flying DCA to JFK and then on to LHR the next day on an award reservation. The first flight is DL First and the second is VS Upper Class. Will I have access to the Sky Club in DCA? (the trip is booked on one itinerary)
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
No. See the Sky Club terms and conditions: Access have "Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight* in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight."
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Short answer: No at DCA (because it's not on the same day/24 hours). However, DON'T FORGET TO try out the VS clubhouse at JFK! It's fantastic!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ron187
I am flying DCA to JFK and then on to LHR the next day on an award reservation. The first flight is DL First and the second is VS Upper Class. Will I have access to the Sky Club in DCA? (the trip is booked on one itinerary)
Like others said, technically you have to be on a same-day international flight to get access. That said, there's no harm in trying. I've seen agents make exceptions in cases like this, particularly if the club isn't busy.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Denied access in Sydney

Flying on a Biz class ticket LAX-SYD-AKL - during the 4-hour layover at Sydney, we were denied access to the Sky Club.
"Only for pax departing SYD to LAX" we, as well as other pax, were told.
"Delta only pays us for outbound to LAX passengers" was the message.

We had to go to the Amex lounge next door.

Go figure !
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Flying on a Biz class ticket LAX-SYD-AKL - during the 4-hour layover at Sydney, we were denied access to the Sky Club.
You may have been denied access to a third-party lounge, but there is no SkyClub that you were denied access to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.