Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I always fly D1 XXX-JFK-LAX. First time coming up LAX-JFK-XXX.

Do I get complimentary SC access at JFK after my D1 flight?
Yes. You should have no issues at JFK. but just in case have the D1 boarding pass ready and if any issue ask for a supervisor. I've never had any issue with SC access on D1 ticket in either direction JFK LAX or LAX JFK.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I always fly D1 XXX-JFK-LAX. First time coming up LAX-JFK-XXX.

Do I get complimentary SC access at JFK after my D1 flight?
Yes. You should also get it at XXX if there's a SC there.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by sethb
Yes. You should also get it at XXX if there's a SC there.
Thanks. XXX is always domestic, and in this case ROC. Still, good to know.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Does anyone know if food is available during late hours. Specifically at LAX around 9-11 PM?
Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:06 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Some snack food will be available, nuts, pretzels, popcorn, olives, that kind of stuff. Sometimes the soup is still out late, but don't hold your breath!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by mridley2
Yes. You should have no issues at JFK. but just in case have the D1 boarding pass ready and if any issue ask for a supervisor. I've never had any issue with SC access on D1 ticket in either direction JFK LAX or LAX JFK.
Just my luck.

On Saturday I was flying BOS-JFK-LAX in F/D1. The agent in BOS almost did not grant me access. She thought I was only allowed entrance at the JFK SC. She said the rules were confusing and had me wait while she read them. I was then given access because she wasn't sure.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Transcon F (non-DL1)

Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, passengers on the non-stop JFK flights to/from DEN, PHX, SEA, LAX, SFO, SAN, PDX, and LAS on an F, BE, or full-Y ticket get Sky Club access. Should also get it on arrival at JFK.
Any recent experience trying to gain entry flying F on non-DL1 routes? The rules appear to have been rewritten to include JFK-LAX/SFO transcons only. Flying F to LAS soon and was hoping to use the club at JFK before the flight.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Any recent experience trying to gain entry flying F on non-DL1 routes? The rules appear to have been rewritten to include JFK-LAX/SFO transcons only. Flying F to LAS soon and was hoping to use the club at JFK before the flight.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

Thanks!
I can't answer your question, but I clicked on the transcon D1 tab and found:

TRANSCONTINENTAL DELTA ONE
Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta One ticket between New York-JFK and San Francisco.
What happened to LAX?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Odd, the page seems to have changed in the last few months --

https://web.archive.org/web/20150905...-of-terms.html

The lounge locations page still calls it "Transcontinental First Class, Delta One, or Full Y–Class Passenger".
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Originally Posted by LBJ
Odd, the page seems to have changed in the last few months --

https://web.archive.org/web/20150905...-of-terms.html

The lounge locations page still calls it "Transcontinental First Class, Delta One, or Full YClass Passenger".
This does seem a bit strange as I'm in Business from JFK-PDX next month as they have named that from FC.

I did find the below and it seems you can filter down to see if access is available but they appear to have removed both PHX and LAS from the list.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
This does seem a bit strange as I'm in Business from JFK-PDX next month as they have named that from FC.

I did find the below and it seems you can filter down to see if access is available but they appear to have removed both PHX and LAS from the list.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action
It's only because PHX, LAS (and DEN) do not have Sky Club's, not because those flights are not eligible for Sky Club access (albeit only at JFK where there is a Sky Club). However, SEA is missing and should be in there.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

I also noticed the club search function still allows searching by "transcon F/full Y", but it seams that the "access rules page" (as revised specifically referencing only Delta 1 pax) would be the point of reference if there were any uncertainty. Either way, there's an oversight in not syncing the search function and the stated rules.

If no one has tried since the rule page has been revised, I will do so and report back!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

I also noticed the club search function still allows searching by "transcon F/full Y", but it seams that the "access rules page" (as revised specifically referencing only Delta 1 pax) would be the point of reference if there were any uncertainty. Either way, there's an oversight in not syncing the search function and the stated rules.

If no one has tried since the rule page has been revised, I will do so and report back!
I reached out to Delta directly earlier today and got the following standardized reply:

Delta Sky Clubs are accessible to passengers holding same-day
international First Class or Delta One tickets.

Sky Clubs may be enjoyed by our transcontinental Delta One passengers
with same-day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: New Yorks JFK
to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego,
Seattle, and San Francisco.

The thing that irks me is that there is no consistency in what Delta calls Business/First unless it's D1 even though they's spent all this money trying to make it seem like it's all cut and dry through their marketing. Even with D1 they are still boarding (mostly) as Premium, the seats are (mostly) still Business Elite, etc. The only advantage is always having the "D1 Lounge" to myself when flying out of LAX.

I'm happy to report back on my experience with the Sky Club and flying this elusive "Business Class" in a few weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
I reached out to Delta directly earlier today and got the following standardized reply:

Delta Sky Clubs are accessible to passengers holding same-day
international First Class or Delta One™ tickets.

Sky Clubs may be enjoyed by our transcontinental Delta One™ passengers
with same-day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: New York’s JFK
to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego,
Seattle, and San Francisco.

The thing that irks me is that there is no consistency in what Delta calls Business/First unless it's D1 even though they's spent all this money trying to make it seem like it's all cut and dry through their marketing. Even with D1 they are still boarding (mostly) as Premium, the seats are (mostly) still Business Elite, etc. The only advantage is always having the "D1 Lounge" to myself when flying out of LAX.

I'm happy to report back on my experience with the Sky Club and flying this elusive "Business Class" in a few weeks.
Not really following. Delta One is only JFK-LAX/SFO. Yes, there are "business" fares on available on other routes (JFK non-stop transcons and continuation flights of international flights), but they don't really mean anything (well, the JFK non-stop transcons get lounge access). There's a reason they rebranded Business Elite as Delta One (because too many people confused "Business" with "Business Elite"). How hard is it to remember that only JFK-LAX/SFO are Delta One flights?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Not really following. Delta One is only JFK-LAX/SFO. Yes, there are "business" fares on available on other routes (JFK non-stop transcons and continuation flights of international flights), but they don't really mean anything (well, the JFK non-stop transcons get lounge access). There's a reason they rebranded Business Elite as Delta One (because too many people confused "Business" with "Business Elite"). How hard is it to remember that only JFK-LAX/SFO are Delta One flights?
Not hard at all to remember except when you are actually on those flights are is usually no sense of branding of it being Delta One other than the menus and the occasional trip where the seats have been refurbished to the new coverers (while it will still say Business Elite on the wall in big letters). I only know this from the several JFK-LAX trips I've had since the changeover. They made such a big deal about this new naming that they should carry it throughout the entire experience, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.