FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:26 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
I reached out to Delta directly earlier today and got the following standardized reply:

Delta Sky Clubs are accessible to passengers holding same-day
international First Class or Delta One™ tickets.

Sky Clubs may be enjoyed by our transcontinental Delta One™ passengers
with same-day travel on a nonstop Delta flight between: New York’s JFK
to/from Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego,
Seattle, and San Francisco.

The thing that irks me is that there is no consistency in what Delta calls Business/First unless it's D1 even though they's spent all this money trying to make it seem like it's all cut and dry through their marketing. Even with D1 they are still boarding (mostly) as Premium, the seats are (mostly) still Business Elite, etc. The only advantage is always having the "D1 Lounge" to myself when flying out of LAX.

I'm happy to report back on my experience with the Sky Club and flying this elusive "Business Class" in a few weeks.
Not really following. Delta One is only JFK-LAX/SFO. Yes, there are "business" fares on available on other routes (JFK non-stop transcons and continuation flights of international flights), but they don't really mean anything (well, the JFK non-stop transcons get lounge access). There's a reason they rebranded Business Elite as Delta One (because too many people confused "Business" with "Business Elite"). How hard is it to remember that only JFK-LAX/SFO are Delta One flights?