Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Don't give Delta any suggestions. They might decide to partner with Britta and start installing taps with their filters and eliminate the Dasani bottled water
Brita makes air filters... If they put them in the heads, I'd take that trade....
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:24 pm

And if you are a paid member send an email to Delta asking for a prorate refund. Refund won't happen but if Delta gets enough requests MAYBE they'll listen...
At least one person reported receiving a prorated refund as a one-time exception due to beverage changes.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Spiff
Don't buy anything at the Sky Club.

Don't renew your membership if a paying member.

Consider shifting your flying business away from Delta.
EXACTLY..

Here in lies the pronlem... I was in A17 today and A Center on Monday. On both visits, I witnessed people buying up.... As long as this continues, Delta will see this as a win.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Was in NRT on Wednesday. The beer machines remain, along with American swill available. The liquor has gone to the new standard SC selection with one exceptionJW Red in place of Scoresby's. Well, I shouldn't say I'm 100% sure that Scoresby's wasn't there, but there definitely was JW Red sitting out on the self-serve bar.
Wow, just wow.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Just imagine being on an $8k BE ticket, connecting in Tokyo, and having those choices available to you!
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Spiff
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Perhaps this is the one they would put in the new JFK T4 club:

"Our booze is as good as the New York Jets. And as classy as Rex Ryan."
Let's see, lots of people put their feet up on the furniture at SCs. Rex Ryan is known to be a foot fetishist. They just opened T4. There's gotta be an opportunity for additional revenue in here somewhere...
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by dEagleS
Just imagine being on an $8k BE ticket, connecting in Tokyo, and having those choices available to you!
Could you expect no less from Bubbaflot - Asia's newest premium carrier.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/s...sia/43839052/1
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Sabai
Originally Posted by dEagleS
Could you expect no less from Bubbaflot - Asia's newest premium carrier.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/s...sia/43839052/1
Makes me laugh every time I think about this. DL's behavior is like a manual of how NOT to become a premium carrier in Asia.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:58 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
And if you are a paid member send an email to Delta asking for a prorate refund. Refund won't happen but if Delta gets enough requests MAYBE they'll listen.

And if you get your access via Am Ex, call and email am ex stating you aren't going to renew over the changes.
Amex Plat offers choice via USAir and Priority Pass when flying DL. SC doesn't.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:59 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Again, in the spirit of full disclosure, I do not do blended scotch.

But, having tasted Scoresby, I have to hope that JW Red is better.
Then my JWBlue is safe when you visit.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:04 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Amex Plat offers choice via USAir and Priority Pass when flying DL. SC doesn't.
And using Priority Pass to enter the USAir club will cost as much as how many premium drinks in the Sky Club?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Then my JWBlue is safe when you visit.
I'll bring my Balvenie DoubleWood
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by stc
And using Priority Pass to enter the USAir club will cost as much as how many premium drinks in the Sky Club?
Priority Pass Select is free with Amex Plat. It costs nothing for the cardholder to enter (though your guests have to pay).
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
I don't drink liquor but I did love having a Sweetwater or two during my layovers in ATL. Since I'm always flying as a paying BE customer the $3, while not a significant amount, is incredibly frustrating. I've written a couple notes of complaint and they also respond that this was based on customer feedback, competitive information and financial considerations. I have a feeling that the third option was the true driver of this.

As a DC based flyer, I'm really having second thoughts on continuing as a DL loyalist. If I'm going to have to pay for drinks and suffer through lousy food, I may as well fly direct to most of my locations on UA rather than going through ATL or DTW every time.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
I don't drink liquor but I did love having a Sweetwater or two during my layovers in ATL. Since I'm always flying as a paying BE customer the $3, while not a significant amount, is incredibly frustrating. I've written a couple notes of complaint and they also respond that this was based on customer feedback, competitive information and financial considerations. I have a feeling that the third option was the true driver of this.

As a DC based flyer, I'm really having second thoughts on continuing as a DL loyalist. If I'm going to have to pay for drinks and suffer through lousy food, I may as well fly direct to most of my locations on UA rather than going through ATL or DTW every time.
I'm with you here, on the beer. Not a liquor drinker either. $3 for an 8 oz pour that's usually 1/4 foam, is not worth it.

I have no skin in the liquor game, but is there any argument that Miller Lite or Bud would win in a taste test with Sweetwater, or any of the non-swill beers that were previously on tap? Is it all just "marketing"?

Regardless, sadly, I just don't see where things will change or they will revert back to the pre-"enhancement" days. There's absolutely no benefit to DL to provide better offerings. I'd bet that 95% of the sheep public barely even knew the drinks were free in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.