FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL
Old Jun 9, 2013, 2:26 pm
kitkat77

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
I don't drink liquor but I did love having a Sweetwater or two during my layovers in ATL. Since I'm always flying as a paying BE customer the $3, while not a significant amount, is incredibly frustrating. I've written a couple notes of complaint and they also respond that this was based on customer feedback, competitive information and financial considerations. I have a feeling that the third option was the true driver of this.

As a DC based flyer, I'm really having second thoughts on continuing as a DL loyalist. If I'm going to have to pay for drinks and suffer through lousy food, I may as well fly direct to most of my locations on UA rather than going through ATL or DTW every time.
I'm with you here, on the beer. Not a liquor drinker either. $3 for an 8 oz pour that's usually 1/4 foam, is not worth it.

I have no skin in the liquor game, but is there any argument that Miller Lite or Bud would win in a taste test with Sweetwater, or any of the non-swill beers that were previously on tap? Is it all just "marketing"?

Regardless, sadly, I just don't see where things will change or they will revert back to the pre-"enhancement" days. There's absolutely no benefit to DL to provide better offerings. I'd bet that 95% of the sheep public barely even knew the drinks were free in the first place.