Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I FINALLY heard back on my complaint to Delta. My letter was a little different than others posted here They didn't even address the request of the prorate refund of my skyclub membership. They totally ignored the part where I said that I wouldn't have renewed if I would have known the alcohol selection was being downgraded.

If they are using the excuse they want to be like their competitors then why don't they make using SWU's a lot easier like their competition, and allow them to be used on any class fare like their competition instead of only M+ fares??????

And great value for my membership???????? If it's such a great value then why aren't they refunding the membership fees of people that request it?????

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We
are sorry to hear of your disappointment in the changes of our beverage
selections.

Occasionally, we review our membership rates and Club offerings and make
changes based on competitive information, financial considerations,
customer feedback and other factors. Please keep in mind that many
airport lounges do not offer complimentary alcoholic beverages, but
were proud to offer a selection of well-known complimentary beverages,
plus other perks and amenities like healthy snacks, free Wi-Fi and
personalized flight assistance. Ultimately, our goal is to offer you
quality products and services at a reasonable price so that you receive
a great value for your membership.

We trust you will understand our position on these changes. We will
share your concerns with our Sky Club Marketing Team. We hope you will
continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

Sincerely,

Your Delta Sky Club Team
Old May 21, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by javabytes
"Many airport lounges do not offer complimentary alcoholic beverages"? Good to know they know what they're competing against.
What's worse, the claim simply isn't true. Even US offers free beer and wine. What airline lounge doesn't?
Old May 21, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
We will
share your concerns with our Sky Club Marketing Team.
Oh? There is such a team? Is it the team that conducted the market research on the new offerings?
Old May 21, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Please keep in mind that many
personalized flight assistance.
Emphasis added by me. I find it interesting that they are not saying they are offering "premium" beverages, but well known...didn't they describe the changes to Gordon's as premium?
Old May 21, 2013, 12:27 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes
UA is.
Since when does UA even have free booze in its clubs (unless you are flying internationally on a business class or better ticket)?
Old May 21, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by stc
Since when does UA even have free booze in its clubs (unless you are flying internationally on a business class or better ticket)?
Since the merger..
Old May 21, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
So people are canceling their membership because it's not FREE "top-shelf" liquor?? Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ

Looks like I've found a wonderful membership based business opportunity. (patent pending)
Old May 21, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jtrue28
So people are canceling their membership because it's not FREE "top-shelf" liquor?? Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ
No one's asking for free top-shelf spirits, only a return to the local beers and mid-shelf liquor brands that had long been complimentary.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Noted...so now I can offer mid-tier spirits and save the Pappy for me.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch

Looks like I've found a wonderful membership based business opportunity. (patent pending)
If you do not know the difference between call and top shelf, you may not want start a business of this nature...
Old May 21, 2013, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
If you do not know the difference between call and top shelf, you may not want start a business of this nature...
^ Maybe the poster should work for Delta's "skyclub team" since their page says they offer complimentary "PREMIUM" spirits
Old May 21, 2013, 1:05 pm

Not at all. People are canceling... Because they've been lied to. Because in a lot of clubs (i.e. self-serv) you cannot get premium beverages at all. Because even when you can, the price exceeds what you can get in the terminal. Because even when you do pay the drinks are better in the terminal. Because the snack options have been downgraded. Because the wifi stinks. Because it's not worth the price to get so-called "free" liquor.

The Sky Club is not going to be a big money mover compared to Delta's flight business. The idea behind the Sky Club always was to induce customers to fly with Delta because of the entire Delta experience, the club being just one part of that experience. I really can't think of many reasons to fly with Delta at all given how hard they are working to be sure they excel nowhere. Delta seems very short-sighted to me.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.

Yes. If you can negotiate with several airport authorities in major business cities for the space to put in private lounges, where people seeking a slice of sanity in the otherwise calamitous environment of most major airports can get a decent free pour; a shower; wi-fi faster than grandpas AOL dial-up connection; plenty of outlets for charging our various electronics; no folks allowed to have their feet propped on any of the tables, and a meager food offering beyond Chex-Mix, carrots, celery, and some kind of cheese like product, there are plenty of us here willing to pay you several hundred dollars per year to access. (run-on sentence much?)

Please keep us posted on your progress.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rylan
I received that same exact reply.
Not surprising, I'm sure it's just a canned reply. I'm curious what would happen if those of you who got this response wrote back and said something like "Thank you for your copy and paste response. Please try again."
Old May 21, 2013, 1:17 pm

Okay, here is my letter similar to above:

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We
are sorry to hear of your disappointment in the changes of our beverage
selections.

Occasionally, we review our membership rates and Club offerings and make
changes based on competitive information, financial considerations,
customer feedback and other factors. Please keep in mind that many
personalized flight assistance. Ultimately, our goal is to offer you
quality products and services at a reasonable price so that you receive
a great value for your membership.

We trust you will understand our position on these changes. We will
share your concerns with our Sky Club Marketing Team. We hope you will
continue to make Delta your airline of choice.

My simple response:

Thank you for your response to my inquiry, but you did not mention when you will send my prorated refund and cancel my membership? Please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.