Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
v35: smAmexCntrnInd = "Y" for me and I do not have a Centurion card
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
THen that may have been one of the fields removed, I guessed that because in the old data I had two N's and also two N's in the new data. When V10 became "SunTrstInd" I put "smAmexCntrnInd" for V35.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I also confirm - I am male when I checked this morning and I am 1
Does the number change when you are abroad?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:11 am

Interesting.

My income is close... within +/- 30%.

But, as a self-employed consultant with multiple clients, there is no way they have access to any sort of salary info.
I'm also self employed and the salary number is pretty much what I put on any credit card apps -- a bit lower than a typical year but in the range. My guess is that is were it comes from.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:11 am

V14 must be "likes Gordon's gin". I have an "N".
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Much of my data is skewed low but my customer value has increased since last time. Must be all the paid F...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Last time I checked it was returning [null string]. I have updated my DL.com profile and will wait a while and see if anything changes and let you know.

As I pointed out about 200 posts back, there really needs to be at least 1 [null] because there needs to be space for a true MQD later in the year when it starts showing in our profiles.
If that is programm is written correctly it should return "0/zero" for all US based members and a "null/no data" string for all non-us members.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
It would be interesting to see if there are correlations between v30 (customer value score) and compensation for various complaints -- perhaps v30 scores could be included in posts in the 2013 Compensation Thread. For example, my v30 is 3 and for a recent four segment international itinerary with two missing special meals and one broken IFE, I received only 7500 SkyPesos after filing a complaint.
Was the IFE in Y or BE?

My v30 is 6, and I had a broken IFE in BE on an international itinerary. I wrote in not to complain but to compliment the FA on how she handled the situation and how pleasant the flight was overall. I specifically asked not to be compensated. They gave me 15K miles anyway, which from what I've read here seems like standard comp for that problem.

FTR I didn't like that because I know they keep track of how much they compensate you and how much you complain and someday I may have a real complaint for which I really want compensation and I want them to take it seriously and not think I complain to them about everything. I frequently send compliments, very rarely complaints... pretty much the opposite of my posting here on FT!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:25 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I have a severe problem with the fact that Experian - who I have no business relationship with - turns my the supposedly confidential income, creditworthiness and personal demographic detail into a marketing tool for big companies like Delta. They have a stranglehold on this information (along with TransUnion and Equifax) and I have no choice but to agree to them having access to my credit and personal financial information. For them to then turn that into a market segmentation service has always rubbed me raw, but it makes me especially mad when I see how this data is being used.

It would be like my health insurer selling information to fitness clubs, vitamin and supplements manufacturers and others. After all, wouldn't marketers love to put their special weight loss program information in front of consumers who are obese?

In my mind, credit reporting information should be a public service managed by a neutral third-party, not a company like Experian (or the others) who have a business interest in gathering that data.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Interesting.

And the closest air port is correct... just that it is a municipal airport with no commercial service (although DL did try it for a while with a commuter flight that fizzled out)
We have a winner!!!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:28 am

Maybe the V30 is the number of complaints you've filed
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eturowski
And, supposing v16 is age-related, then it makes sense that one of the remaining "mystery" fields is gender-related... maybe something along the lines of male (Y/N) or gender (1=M/2=F). Also, maybe there are marital status and/or kids/no kids identifiers thrown in for good measure.

Here are my remaining unknown fields, and I am a female married 5 days ago (no biological children, 2 stepchildren):
v03 - Y
v09 - Y
v14 - N
v19 - Y
v20 - N
v26 - 2
v27 - Y
v29 - Y
v32 - [null]
v36 - N
v37 - [null]
Congrats!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
I have confirmation on V32, which is dream trips.

I previously had the maldives (country abbreviation MV) in my profile, and V32 displayed "SL". This morning I added Indonesia and "AN" was now in V32, which is the country abbreviation for Indonesia (ID).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtkeller
My v26 is 3, so I'm not so sure about this theory, unless it's encoding additional information. DL.dumb definitely has me down as male.
They need to account for herms, merms and ferms. If you don't mind the question, are you one of those?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:37 am
Suspended

Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.