Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
okay, that's what I thought. But I couldn't figure out in what context. Is that a value that changes and is tied to, say, your most recent or upcoming trip? My last trip was Q outbound and U inbound, and my next upcoming is X outbound and U inbound.
I think it would be whether you're eligible to use pay with miles, which IIRC means if and only if you have a DL AmEx credit card.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Would still be way way low for me.
Yes, so that is definitely not right. It is from Experian, so they will know what your income is, so I really think that this field that is reportedly Income (presumably total, annual) is something else. Or may be monthly and not annual income? Seeing how much it is off for many, may be it's monthly and not annual..
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dknn
My "v30" number is the same as when the profile was available earlier. That number is 23. My travel has cut back this year but again all my travel has been on refundable fares.
Seeing how much it varies (0 to 32), and with most being in the 1-6 range (even pretty high AmEx spenders and $$$ ticket purcha$ers with low award travel if any), I think it may not be on a scale and the numbers may mean something specific each, and/or it may be first digit is one thing (0-6) and second digital (optional, only on file for some) is something else or some more granual categorization.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Seeing how much it varies (0 to 32), and with most being in the 1-6 range (even pretty high AmEx spenders and $$$ ticket purcha$ers with low award travel if any), I think it may not be on a scale and the numbers may mean something specific each, and/or it may be first digit is one thing (0-6) and second digital (optional, only on file for some) is something else or some more granual categorization.
Mine is the same as the CustVal score from last time: 6. I spent about $14k last year and have spent about that this year already.

My income is way off, but seems to be what was likely my earnings the last time I applied for a credit card. I've had the same cards for years.

My home value is off. It isn't my last year's assessment, nor this year's, which just arrived in the mail recently. It's lower than my home has ever been worth during the seven year's I've owned it.

As for the Experian Code, I'm curious...Anyone else live in one of the East Atlanta neighborhoods and have a low score? 30317 or 30316? (Edgewood, Kirkwood, East Lake, EAV) These neighborhoods are rapidly gentrifying. If Experian is using outdated demographic information, the code would be right.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, so that is definitely not right. It is from Experian, so they will know what your income is, so I really think that this field that is reportedly Income (presumably total, annual) is something else. Or may be monthly and not annual income? Seeing how much it is off for many, may be it's monthly and not annual..
Even for monthly income, it's still way off for me.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even for monthly income, it's still way off for me.
I guess that must mean that you are very well off then.
Be happy, that means that DL is less likely to present you with overly inflated flight pricing when you search for revenue flights while logged in. If they knew your real income, they'd be probably charging you a lot more for your flights through their "personalized pricing."

Seriously, anyone else think that than lower your income here shown, than less likely are you to be overcharged for flights by DL? I would think that it's a major factor that determines how the "personalized pricing" is determined for you: your "ability to pay" and "price sensitivity" (which is directly related to your income in the algorithm, I'd think).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:44 pm

DL already knows that I buy some expensive tickets and sometimes cheap tickets too. They also know, if they think about it, that some of my tickets are reimbursed.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Thanks OP, was able to pull down the data this time. Delta got our ages right (late 20s/early 30s), but then categorizes me as C13 Silver Sophisticated and my wife as O53 Colleges and Cafes. Way off on both!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
That would work approximately for monthly , NET, in 100s not 1000s and even then would be on the low side.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Regarding v30 and my score of zero, I looked back at 2012 and see that I spent only $6000 on Delta flights (and reached PM). I spent $77,000 on my AMEX Reserve card. I bought one first-class ticket in 2012 but other than that, all were deeply discounted coach fares.

I've spent a lot more this year (and flew more, too, reaching DM in April!). AMEX spending is about on track to match 2012.

My income used to be top 1% but now that I'm retired, it's more like top 10%. Not sure if Delta realizes that I retired last year.

Bruce
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:13 pm

Then I really think that the Customer Value Score is either way off for so many (too many), or it's not on a scale at all... or that field may be something else altogether (though unlikely, as may have reported it to be the same as the CVS before).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
What the heck, why not...

{"v01":"NYB","v02":"US","v03":"Y","v04":"","v05":" en","v06":"27","v07":"DM","v08":"JZ","v09":"Y","v1 0":"N","v11":"","v12":"18","v13":"","v14":"N","v15 ":"142","v16":"126","v17":"1 Million Miler","v18":"","v19":"Y","v20":"Y","v21":"<redact ed>","v22":"EPN","v23":"","v24":"HBBTEEEE","v25":" NORL,IKBL","v26":"1","v27":"Y","v28":"<redacted>", "v29":"Y","v30":"27","v31":"1317518","v32":"","v33 ":"617452","v34":"","v35":"Y","v36":"N","v37": ""}
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I will be pleased to sell my house to Delta Air Lines for the amount in V18 in thousands of dollars. Who do I contact?

David
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I will be pleased to sell my house to Delta Air Lines for the amount in V18 in thousands of dollars. Who do I contact?

David
What if Delta / Hauenstein will only pay you that amount in ham sandwiches (one per thousand)?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
My v26 also is 3, so perhaps 1=Mr., 2=Ms/Mrs and 3= Dr. (which is in my profile)?

Also, my V30=0. I used to fly exclusively Delta (Northwest) until 18 months ago. Since my move to UA, I've probably only spent a few thousand on DL, so it is possible I'm worth nothing to them.

I wonder if one of these factors relates to complaint frequency?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.