Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
If that is programm is written correctly it should return "0/zero" for all US based members and a "null/no data" string for all non-us members.
Remember who we're talking about here.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Was the IFE in Y or BE?

My v30 is 6, and I had a broken IFE in BE on an international itinerary. I wrote in not to complain but to compliment the FA on how she handled the situation and how pleasant the flight was overall. I specifically asked not to be compensated. They gave me 15K miles anyway, which from what I've read here seems like standard comp for that problem.

FTR I didn't like that because I know they keep track of how much they compensate you and how much you complain and someday I may have a real complaint for which I really want compensation and I want them to take it seriously and not think I complain to them about everything. I frequently send compliments, very rarely complaints... pretty much the opposite of my posting here on FT!
For me, it was BE 'lite" to S. America. I also don't complain much -- it was my first complaint to DL that I can recall, altho I may have complained to NW once or twice back in the day. I was more concerned about the missing special meals and thought that DL would want to know that their catering vendors had dropped the ball.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I'm also self employed and the salary number is pretty much what I put on any credit card apps -- a bit lower than a typical year but in the range. My guess is that is were it comes from.
It is not even close for me. By a factor of 20!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
They need to account for herms, merms and ferms. If you don't mind the question, are you one of those?
Nope, only male bits here. I reviewed my history in this thread and I had a 3 in the number of children category before, so could that be it? Or else they have some sort of überawareness program going on and are coding gay males and straight males differently.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I also confirm - I am male when I checked this morning and I am 1
Originally Posted by Sabai
Does the number change when you are abroad?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by skyvanman
Did you unencode the airport codes using the cipher linked to in the Wiki and they still came out wrong?
Looks like I missed that part. Didn't spend a lot of time looking at this last night. Will check it out again later when I have more free time.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Congrats!
Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:25 pm

Sorry, what is the verdict on what the scale for customer value score is?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by dll
I have a severe problem with the fact that Experian - who I have no business relationship with - turns my the supposedly confidential income, creditworthiness and personal demographic detail into a marketing tool for big companies like Delta. They have a stranglehold on this information (along with TransUnion and Equifax) and I have no choice but to agree to them having access to my credit and personal financial information. For them to then turn that into a market segmentation service has always rubbed me raw, but it makes me especially mad when I see how this data is being used.
That's not really what's happening. They aren't using your credit report to determine this. They have created credit profiles for areas, and then matched that to your address. If they were actually matching up to my credit report I'd see substantially different values.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah
That's not really what's happening. They aren't using your credit report to determine this. They have created credit profiles for areas, and then matched that to your address. If they were actually matching up to my credit report I'd see substantially different values.
Everything in here is pretty amazingly accurate for me, including most recent financial and other demographic data - so I can only assume that Delta obtained this from my credit report.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by dll
I have a severe problem with the fact that Experian - who I have no business relationship with - turns my the supposedly confidential income, creditworthiness and personal demographic detail into a marketing tool for big companies like Delta. They have a stranglehold on this information (along with TransUnion and Equifax) and I have no choice but to agree to them having access to my credit and personal financial information. For them to then turn that into a market segmentation service has always rubbed me raw, but it makes me especially mad when I see how this data is being used.
Hey it's even worse. After they sell your private information -- without your permission -- to people using it for identity theft, they try to sell you a monitoring service so you can keep an eye on them.

Dang do we need privacy laws in this country. Sorry, OT...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I'm really questioning wether v30 is really the customer value score. My father who flies a ton on Y fares has a 0. Also my dad is Y for V19 my mom is N...both have travelled internationally, have cards on file, have AMEX cards, both are PMs. It may be wether they think you have status with another company but my V19 is N and I have status with UA and WN.

Also I'm laughing at the income projections for my parents projected income is less than half of what their projected discretionary is and both are off (low by the hundreds of thousands).

Last edited by skyvanman; Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Either way, Delta IT needs an overhaul, but it does not take many brain cells to figure that one out.
DL IT the software or DL IT the people or both?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Sorry, what is the verdict on what the scale for customer value score is?
This is FT, after all.

Everyone here believes that their score is in the upper range of the rating. If not the top, then just a few rungs below.

(Sorry, could not resist. )
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was the IFE in Y or BE?

My v30 is 6, and I had a broken IFE in BE on an international itinerary. I wrote in not to complain but to compliment the FA on how she handled the situation and how pleasant the flight was overall. I specifically asked not to be compensated. They gave me 15K miles anyway, which from what I've read here seems like standard comp for that problem.

FTR I didn't like that because I know they keep track of how much they compensate you and how much you complain and someday I may have a real complaint for which I really want compensation and I want them to take it seriously and not think I complain to them about everything. I frequently send compliments, very rarely complaints... pretty much the opposite of my posting here on FT!
There doesn't seem to be a field for complaints and compensation although that could be part of the formula for the v30 score.

I'm surprised. I would have expected some data on the types of complaints people file.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.