Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Boarded a flight this morning and the FA in F was talking up the new video before pushback. Lots of folks were chuckling, reminiscing about Deltalina, etc.

Then the video starts and it's the old one with RA at his desk! Everyone was a bit surprised, including the FA, that this plane didn't have the new vid. Oddly, the IFE was also the old-style OS. It's almost like they haven't touched the IFE system on here at all since last year!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:31 am

Yeah I took 3 flights the last couple of days (737, 757, 767) and each one had the old video.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: DL EOS...
SAN-JFK, 738, Nov 2, old video but plenty of captive audience post takeoff commercials.

Sorry to drift OT but 'hope advertisers figure out how poorly those commercials reflect on their brand? You should be able to turn off ANY video in your space except for the SAFETY video.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

Old vid today on DL 41 (LHR-MSP) and was also old on SEA-AMS 11/1/12.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Ti22
SAN-JFK, 738, Nov 2, old video but plenty of captive audience post takeoff commercials.

Sorry to drift OT but 'hope advertisers figure out how poorly those commercials reflect on their brand? You should be able to turn off ANY video in your space except for the SAFETY video.
^^

Wait till you are on a 2-hour flight and the FA reboots three times because someone wants to watch TV and it's not working (rest was fine). Each time the system came back up, the commercials came back on.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

New vid (vers 1) DL 1466 (MSP-SEA) just aired on this flight.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
Step 1: FTers will start demanding compensation for being shown the old video instead of the new one.

Step 2: Delta will announce a $5 per passenger "nostalgia" fee for flights which have the old videos.

Step 3: As soon as all flights have the new video, Delta will make a big announcement cancelling the nostalgia fee but quietly institute a $10 "enhanced entertainment" fee for the new video.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
Step 1: FTers will start demanding compensation for being shown the old video instead of the new one.

Step 2: Delta will announce a $5 per passenger "nostalgia" fee for flights which have the old videos.

Step 3: As soon as all flights have the new video, Delta will make a big announcement cancelling the nostalgia fee but quietly institute a $10 "enhanced entertainment" fee for the new video.
Ok, that's funny! Please note I did NOT ask for any compensation. Simply reporting what flights did/didn't have it. That being said, I can think of a few people that would do exactly as you describe!!!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'll be on a CR9 tomorrow morning. I expect that I'll get the live version as usual.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Was on a 738 SEA-SLC this weekend and got the new video. No clue which version but it has a black lady doing the main portion of the video with a cameo by Deltalina wagging her finger and a robot who turns (it)self off when told to power down electronics. I thought it was a HUGE improvement from Richard sitting at his desk. I absolutely hated that video. It's also a nice refresher from the Deltalina video that's been around a few years. Congrats to Delta on this one - they got it right IMO.

-RM
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
New Safety video

Has this already been discussed? The new safety video is a riot. I love the guy who doesn;t want to sit in the exit row, and the cameo by Deltalina
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
I did not like the new safety video. I felt they found the female version of Ben Stein to do the safety video. About as dry, monotone, and boring as you could get. The only part that made me laugh was the Deltalina cameo appearance. Otherwise, I say bring back the previous one with Deltalina (and the guy with the sparkling/dinging tooth).
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Is there a link to it somewhere online? My recent flights had the old video still.

Answered my own question.

Version 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noE1YzvfA08
Version 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK0Ago6Kb0E

Neil

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 8, 2012 at 10:24 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
In before the merge - yes has been discussed. Yes they are a hoot
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
In before the merge
Great — now we have the new acronym IBTM...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.