Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's pretty wry for a long-lived, universally-distributed asset from a big company. They must feel their mojo. I like it, but I'd like it better if it were more tightly written and edited to be a minute shorter.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Two things I noticed. Isn't it "BusinessElite" cabin instead of "Business Class" cabin?

Second, in the RA intros, he calls Delta a "world-class airline" whereas in another he calls Delta a "First-class" airline. Any reasons why?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:08 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed this yet, but when they re-uploaded the videos, they removed the "Fly" button from the end. I'm guessing that didn't go over too well with the pilots.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Those were good ^
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
Originally Posted by skidv25
Not sure if anyone noticed this yet, but when they re-uploaded the videos, they removed the "Fly" button from the end. I'm guessing that didn't go over too well with the pilots.
And they still didn't upload them in HD. What is wrong with Delta? SD-Only. Really? What year is this? 1950?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I love em. And always nice to see DTW in the background at the end of the video.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Silver, Ritz-Carlton Rewards. National Car Executive
I liked the videos too. My neighbor across the street was in the Deltalina video (He looks up when the seatbelt sign comes on). I should ask him what he thinks about the new one.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by skidv25
...and you would be correct....

It didn't bother me, I thought it was funny, but there were those who felt it trivialized the profession. On the plus side, the relationship between the Pilot's Union and Delta Management in this current era of 'Constructive Engagement' is good enough that they were immediately responsive to those concerns. No harm, no foul.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, HHonors Gold, Emerald Exec Elite
I just saw the video on a MSP-SLC, "fly" button still present.

I found it humorous, but surprised delta made it so zany.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I feel as if I am in the minority here. I was not overly impressed with the new videos.

I agree they are too long and drawn out. They could have been more effective in a shorter version.

If you are going for impact, the Air NZ model would be the route to go.. This one comes off a little too cheesy.

I miss the accent... It gives the videos a bit more personality.

I do like the RA intros much better........

Don't get me wrong, it's cute, but it will get old fast.... After the Deltalina video, I was hoping for more.... Her cameo is the best part IMO.

I also echo an earlier post about the lack of catchy music.......

Maybe DL will make a v.3 or 4 that aren't almost identical.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Had version 1 on MCO-ATL this evening. Haven't been paying attention, so I was taken by surprise when the new RA intro and then the new safety video began. Was thinking "How did I never hear about this on FT?" lol

Didn't notice the two left feet or Abe Lincoln until I saw the youtubes. The Fly button was still in the video shown.

Generally liked the video and I think both lead FAs are good.

The change is good as many of us felt the last video had gotten stale. But of course these two videos will grow old to us frequent flyers eventually too. Having two versions will help, but it's unavoidable really unless they are able to do a new version every week.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Two things I noticed. Isn't it "BusinessElite" cabin instead of "Business Class" cabin?

Second, in the RA intros, he calls Delta a "world-class airline" whereas in another he calls Delta a "First-class" airline. Any reasons why?
International routes operated by domestic aircraft market the forward cabin as "Business". Thus, "business class" is the most generic term, as otherwise they would need to say "first, business, or business elite".
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
Originally Posted by Down3Green
...and you would be correct....

It didn't bother me, I thought it was funny, but there were those who felt it trivialized the profession. On the plus side, the relationship between the Pilot's Union and Delta Management in this current era of 'Constructive Engagement' is good enough that they were immediately responsive to those concerns. No harm, no foul.
I'm sorry but that has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard!

The pilots whined because they thought the FLY button trivialized their profession? Come on. What a bunch of babies. I there anyone on the planet that remotely thinks that pilots just push a button and sit there?

I'm sorry delta gave into that stupid political correctness and removed what was a great end to a well produced, funny and informative video.

Once again, a union spoils stuff for everyone!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
And where or where is 'Sparkle tooth'? Seriously!!!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by stewie7669
I there anyone on the planet that remotely thinks that pilots just push a button and sit there?
I am SURE there are folks that think exactly that. But then again, the world is chock full of idiots, morons, and simpletons.

CAUTION!! HOT COFFEE IS HOT!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.