Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:06 am

The guy wearing the top hat (Abraham Lincoln impersonator?) in Version 1 is priceless. It makes me wonder how many subtleties like this I missed.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
SPOILER ALERT
Ok, one small continuity gripe. The altimeter rolls over from 9,999 to WI-FI yet the dial indicates an altitude of 6,390 feet.
Another continuity error is the fact that some parts of the video was shot on a 777-200LR and some on a 777-200ER, but the differences are so minor that no one is going to notice them.

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I'm leaning towards version 1, the lavatory scene owns it. However, I like the narrator in version 2 better. The elderly lady should have been holding a cocktail, not a glass of water. The woman with the boombox, she probably bought it new in the 80's!!
Yep, the lav scene is my favorite out of all of the gags from the two videos. I wish the differences between the two videos were a bit more pronounced. For example, the robot, exit row, and boom box lady are the same in both videos. Even if they couldn't come up with a suitable alternative, they still couldn't even have a different pilot do the closing?

All in all, even though the videos are fairly similar, they are great on their own. Can't wait to see them on my next flight.

Last edited by skidv25; Nov 1, 2012 at 10:23 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
My favorite bits are the two quick shoe scenes: the tassel on the loafer and the two left shoes.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Doesn't the fellow at 2:43 in version 1 look like he has two left shoes on.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by skidv25
Another continuity error is the fact that some parts of the video was shot on a 777-200LR and some on a 777-200ER, but the differences are so minor that no one is going to notice them.
I believe the videos were shot in a 777 mockup aircraft used for FA training (e.g. fake AVOD home screens, etc). It's very realistic inside the aircraft, though.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
I'm kind of surprised the videos on Youtube are only in 1950's era 480-line. I realize that all of Delta's planes have ANCIENT video technology that cannot display anything above standard definition (480), but why couldn't they upload an HD version to YouTube?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
These are great! I'm surprised Abe was sitting in economy, though.
From the preceding 5 seconds of the video, it looker like BE to me.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'm glad they took the feedback about the Southern accents for both safety and Richard. These are much more representative of a professional global airline than a Southern Regional one.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
The "No Chainsaw Juggling" placard made me spit out my coffee and I wasn't even drinking any.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
My favorite bits are the two quick shoe scenes: the tassel on the loafer and the two left shoes.

I missed the two left shoes, liked the part in the second video where everyone had a foot in the aisle and they all 'retracted' them in sync.

Bathroom guy was priceless, and I also liked both versions of 'turbulence'.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I will like it if I didn't see this earlier...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cBlRbrB_Gnc

The delta video is not bad but the tempo is too slow.
The Delta video and NZ video are both about 4:30 but the Delta video is just too slow...

Last edited by pigx5; Nov 1, 2012 at 10:50 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: DL EOS...
A little too "cute" with some props IMO for a safety video but nice to see Deltalina cameo.

I'm kinda suprised not to see those pesky commercials in some of the cabin shots with LCD angles.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'm glad they took the feedback about the Southern accents for both safety and Richard. These are much more representative of a professional global airline than a Southern Regional one.
I actually liked the accent (and I'm not from the South). Everyone has an accent to someone else. I hardly suppose someone from Australia or the UK would try overly hard to 'purify' their accent, and I'd be somewhat disappointed if they did.

I've never been able to hear my own western accent, of course, but I have been told it is quite pronounced. I was surprised when I met a native Venezuelan who spoke flawless English - I immediately recognized her accent as West Coast American - just like my own.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Did you notice Abe Lincoln, vid 1 - in shadow, while life vest was being put on?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:49 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by skidv25
I wish the differences between the two videos were a bit more pronounced. For example, the robot, exit row, and boom box lady are the same in both videos. Even if they couldn't come up with a suitable alternative, they still couldn't even have a different pilot do the closing?
There were other ideas, but I assume they must have been scrapped.

One of those ideas, for example, called for Fred Armisen to subtly appear throughout at least one of the videos...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.