Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by james318
I am SURE there are folks that think exactly that. But then again, the world is chock full of idiots, morons, and simpletons. CAUTION!! HOT COFFEE IS HOT!!!!!
Exactly and Winnebagos don't drive themselves. Lets sue someone.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
A home run by Delta. It seems hard to replace Deltalina, but I certainly like both versions of this. Fresh, fun and represents the brand well.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Nice job, Delta! Love the brief cameo by Deltalina and Abe Lincoln. I'm sure I'll find something new each time I watch them.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
From what I heard, the two videos will be assigned based on aircraft type. With the videos posted on YouTube, we know the 752 gets Version 1 while the 738 gets Version 2. Does anyone know about other aircraft types?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LeslieJam
And where or where is 'Sparkle tooth'? Seriously!!!
Exactly Leslie!

But at least we still get Deltalina.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Delta 764
From what I heard, the two videos will be assigned based on aircraft type. With the videos posted on YouTube, we know the 752 gets Version 1 while the 738 gets Version 2. Does anyone know about other aircraft types?
Good question. Which do you suppose will be on the CR2s?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Howste
Good question. Which do you suppose will be on the CR2s?
I wonder if they could replace the robotic recording (or is it a computer-generated voice?) on the E70s and E75s. I find that very annoying.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:38 am

You're not alone. The slow music makes it drag on much longer than it actually is. Hope it's changed up like once a year or so (not realistic).

And yes too bad an accent was viewed as a liability for a 'global' airline. The hospitality of her voice set a nice tone. It's that southern style that is the heart of the service culture. And I speak as a former Northwest flyer - the Delta South influence has raised the tide on that front.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I feel as if I am in the minority here. I was not overly impressed with the new videos.

I agree they are too long and drawn out. They could have been more effective in a shorter version.

If you are going for impact, the Air NZ model would be the route to go.. This one comes off a little too cheesy.

I miss the accent... It gives the videos a bit more personality.

I do like the RA intros much better........

Don't get me wrong, it's cute, but it will get old fast.... After the Deltalina video, I was hoping for more.... Her cameo is the best part IMO.

I also echo an earlier post about the lack of catchy music.......

Maybe DL will make a v.3 or 4 that aren't almost identical.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Yes the Air New Zealand videos do set a high mark. Also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
A few thoughts about both videos:

- Seatbelt girl just made my life on the road more enjoyable.
- The miniature suitcase is hysterical. (It's like they talked to the Zucker brothers.)
- The dude sitting next to the accordion guy is TOTALLY ME!
- Old lady with tea should indeed be holding a martini glass.
- Exit row scene is fantastic.
- I know they'd never do it but I'd give them half my annual salary to have the Penguin on the seat back screens.
- No chainsaw juggling... HA!

One of the best ways to get people to pay attention, is to break up their routine.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I'm a bit disappointed with the new videos.

Part of the problem was that the original Deltalina video was pretty much spot on in everything -- Katherine Lee's delivery, soundtrack, just a touch of humor, pacing, use of graphics -- that anything new is almost certainly going to miss the mark. Sure, it needed some updating (the flip phone, the various audio cuts due to wifi being introduced and the NW fleet having different exit lighting), but 4 years later it still holds up.

The new videos are amusing, I admit to having LOL'd a couple of times, but they try too hard to be randomly funny. Add in FAs that don't have the same punch in delivery and a soundtrack that makes me want to pass out, and I'm just not impressed. I also liked the symmetry of the single aisle 757 vs the asymmetry of the double aisle 777, but that's just nitpicking
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Don't pay any attention now, won't afterwards.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
excellent. very nicely done.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by bennos
I'm a bit disappointed with the new videos.

Part of the problem was that the original Deltalina video was pretty much spot on in everything -- Katherine Lee's delivery, soundtrack, just a touch of humor, pacing, use of graphics -- that anything new is almost certainly going to miss the mark. Sure, it needed some updating (the flip phone, the various audio cuts due to wifi being introduced and the NW fleet having different exit lighting), but 4 years later it still holds up.

The new videos are amusing, I admit to having LOL'd a couple of times, but they try too hard to be randomly funny. Add in FAs that don't have the same punch in delivery and a soundtrack that makes me want to pass out, and I'm just not impressed. I also liked the symmetry of the single aisle 757 vs the asymmetry of the double aisle 777, but that's just nitpicking
Agreed.

Just to add, they should do the video by aircraft type. It sucks watching a 777 while crammed into a 737 seat
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Love the new safety video with cameo by Deltalina and the FA who looks like Psy getting ready to perform "Gangnem Style" with the seat cushion....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.