Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Safety Video w/Deltalina Cameo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
And I do appreciate the Deltalina cameo. The finger wave still makes me smile, no matter how the day is going.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Old video ATL-BOG-ATL last week. Will let you know next week if they've swapped in the new videos.
Ah, C.E. Woolman's desk lives for another week before it is carted off to the resale shop.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Yesterday, flying MCO-MPS, not only did we get new video #1 but also it did have the Fly button scene at the end.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Thumbs up

Love the new video, both versions.

Kept waiting for 'sparkled-tooth' to show up, but sadly, he didn't. Since Deltalina had a cameo, it would have been fun too if he were one of the pax, smiled, and 'tink', the tooth!

Is the top-hat shadow a placement ad for Spielberg's new film 'Lincoln'?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by jiburi
Sadly, Air New Zealand beat Delta to the punch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc
This is truly awesome! ^ ^

"If you need a little more inflation, simply blow into the mouthpiece."

Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Grrr. Upcoming flights this weekend and the first is a 757 (ex-Northwest, no IFE) and the second an MD-88. It's not fair!
Yahtzee! Last minute aircraft swap on the 757 to a Delta one and I saw the video with the "fly" button at the end. I literally LOLed at the Deltalina cameo. Good video overall, very enjoyable.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Old video ATL-BOG-ATL last week. Will let you know next week if they've swapped in the new videos.
Still the old video yesterday. Is there a timeframe for getting all planes on the new safety video? I noticed they have new movies and would've thought the video would have been loaded with the movie load. Guess not...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I think the videos are great. Surprised how critical some folks are. Nice that Delta has a sense of humor.

On another note, people are not given RA enough credit - he is doing a remarkable job with this airline. I'd be interested to see of those who are critical how many other domestics they really fly, if any
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I think the videos are great. Surprised how critical some folks are. Nice that Delta has a sense of humor.

On another note, people are not given RA enough credit - he is doing a remarkable job with this airline. I'd be interested to see of those who are critical how many other domestics they really fly, if any
My brother who doesn't fly much made fun of me for liking it so much. He wrote on my Facebook picture about such things "I just feel sorry for you at this point". Excuse me for enjoying "the little things"!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Wow, almost 50 posts and no one has threatened to leave DL over this.
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Check post #5, although it may have been tongue in cheek.....
It was!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
For those of you who can't get enough, Delta released it on their facebook page today with a bunch of comments that pop-up throughout the video https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=516858065000047
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jiburi
Sadly, Air New Zealand beat Delta to the punch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc
Finally watched this... it's great! Many good parts, including the 773 exit map.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
My wife and I saw it for the first time on a flight back from SFO on Saturday. We both liked it a lot. Making them humorous is the best way to get people to watch it.^^
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Finally saw it for the first time on JFK-SLC yesterday (was a 73H but last minute swapped to a 73Y). It was the version 2, but still had the "fly" button (I had no idea what anyone was referring to until then!).

Don't remember which one they showed on the A320 last week

-J.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:52 pm

Yes, she did. Katherine Hinton now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.