A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:38 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Just a few quick questions for Chris...

1. recent software changes to domestic AVOD downgraded the Moving Map/flight show....zoom in city/town details on the map have disappeared as well as national parks ect.....also "estimated time of arrival" "local time at origin" "local time at destination" disappeared as well.....could some of the map details and the "time of arrival" be added back....I think it is still the same data provider....

2.slightly off topic...can you please forward to in-flight service about adding back the ameretto di saronna in the first class cabin as a liquor selection...it is served on American and United...a lot of us miss it..thank you

3. looking forward to the AVOD upgrades on the 757-300 and hopefully some of the NWA 757-200's can be refurbed...they are kinda ratty in the FLL market
The map product is being reworked and features will be added.

No info on the 757-200 fleet to report...at this time.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dEagleS
Cool. Does this mean now all TATL/TPAC AC will have BE lie-flat seats (aside from the few 757s)? If so, no need to choose routes as carefully based on equipment! ^
We're just shy of 50% complete. The entire transoceanic widebody fleet will be done in time for summer 2014 flying. Be sure to check the inflight amenities on delta.com. That should give you a good indication on what's available i.e. flat-bed seats, personal entertainment, Wi-Fi, etc.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsbh
Indeed thank you so much for the updates. I for one am nothing short of thrilled with the 747S, 777ER, E75, CR7, and CR9 upgrades.

If it is not too much trouble, may I ask that you visit the below thread regarding SWUs on AF? There is much debate and speculation that would benefit from someone in the know.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...premium-w.html

Thanks
I'm not a subject matter expert on the SkyMiles program so best bet would be to contact the Medallion desk or Customer Care. My team's focus is onboard products. Sorry I don't have a better answer.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Delta 764
Thanks for the updates Mr. Babb.

Also, I have heard rumors that the A319s will be getting 10 more Y seats by the use of slimline seats. Are those rumors true?

If so, what model of Y seat will they get? In addition to the Weber/Zodiac 5751 and B/E Aerospace Pinnacle, Weber/Zodiac now offers a 5752 seat, which is an update to the 5751. Other comparable models of seats include the Recaro BL 3520 and Aviointeriors UltraLight. I know some of the ex-Northwest aircraft have Recaro seats in Y, and perhaps the past Northwest relationship might play a role in future seat orders. The pre-merger Delta fleet primarily has Weber seats in Y, except for the MD-88s and Delta original MD-90s, which have B/E Aerospace seats. The ex-Northwest fleet has generally either Recaro or B/E Aerospace seats in Y. As for Aviointeriors, that seems unlikely considering neither Delta nor Northwest have a past experience with that seat manufacturer, however, it shouldn't be ruled out completely.
No decision has been made regarding the interior configuration or product specification of the A319 fleet.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
I don't think we can say it enough - Thank you for the updates ^
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Any ability to let us know what the total configuration on the A330s will be after the new seats are put in? As I posted up thread, US has far fewer than 34 J seats on their A332s (20) and seems only to get 28 ahead of 2L on the A333s. This is in line with CX's configuration. Is there some flexibility to the Cirrus design that allows tighter packing than the other carriers are using, or will there be a J cabin behind 2L, possibly reducing the size/pitch in economy (or reconfiguring closets and lavs)?
A330-200 = 34 BE / 32 EC / 168 YC TOTAL 234 pax
A330-300 = 34 BE / 32 EC / 227 YC TOTAL 293 pax

On the -300 all BE seats are between doors 1 & 2
On the -200 22 BE seats are between doors 1 & 2 with 12 seats aft of door 2
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Chris (or others on this forum that are knowledeable),

With the replacements of the 757s by the 737-900ERs, will we see any of these smaller birds on the transatlantics, or are they too small to meet capacity requirements?

I've only run into a 757 on one TATL in the past year so I doubt it will affect me given the routes I typically take, but it would be interesting to see if Delta uses this to serve typically smaller markets.

Chris, thanks for your presence! You're finally bringing some order in the name of facts to a forum that loves to speculate!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Chris,

You really build a lot of goodwill by posting here. I hope that you become a regular!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Per Wikipedia, 156 717's were built. If Delta aquires 88 of them, that accounts for a majority of the entire production for that model.

Must have gotten quite a deal.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: DL-PM
Thanks Chris, excellent update.

I'm particularly excited for the 739s...

Keep up the good work! ^ :-:
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:30 am

I have ridden three of these planes (737's) in the last month (JFK-Malaga-JFK) and DTW-SFO recently and they have the most uncomfortable seats. Hard and small. And hardly any room for your knees.

Hope this new configuration is better in coach. Otherwise I'm going back to American...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by lbotez
I have ridden three of these planes (737's) in the last month (JFK-Malaga-JFK) and DTW-SFO recently and they have the most uncomfortable seats. Hard and small. And hardly any room for your knees.

Hope this new configuration is better in coach. Otherwise I'm going back to American...
...where you can enjoy one of their 309 737 aircraft (186 active, 123 pending).

It sounds like the DL 737-900ER will be reasonable in EC and F, with a similar configuration to WN in Y-. While there are better cabins out there, the configuration that DL has come up with seems perfectly reasonable and with an acceptable amount of premium seats (F and EC).
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

I don't believe you flew a Delta 737 JFK-Malaga; a 757-200, maybe.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta does not fly 737's on JFK-AGP (nor any other TATL routes). You were on a 757.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

I think you'll be very pleased with our 739 product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.