Wiki Posts
Search

A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beaglesid
Chris,

First of all, thank you for being a wealth of information! Secondly, is there any indication that ATL-HNL will have flat-bed seats in July-August 2013?

Best,

Joseph
Unless it switches to be on a 767-300ER I don't believe there is any chance to have flat-bed seats by next summer. The 330s don't start mods for a while and I would highly doubt ATL-HNL would be the first route to get the new configuration. Best bet for going from ATL-HNL in flatbeds will likely be routing ATL-LAX-HNL as you could possibly catch a 777 on ATL-LAX and a 76Z on LAX-HNL
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Neither of those routes will be operated with flat-bed equipped a/c by mid-May.
Chris, any info on the JFK-VCE in June 2013 ?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:44 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Atlpen
Chris, any info on the JFK-VCE in June 2013 ?
It's not likely. Best thing to do is check delta.com, which lists the amenities and product features, for the flight.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
It's not likely. Best thing to do is check delta.com, which lists the amenities and product features, for the flight.
Chris - didn't see a reply on JFK - FCO.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planecrazy63
Chris - didn't see a reply on JFK - FCO.
It's the same answer...best source is delta.com.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta-GM
Chris,

I'm flying ATL-LAX on 11/21--the flight is a 76ER...any ideas if this configuration has the PTV's in coach?.. I know seat guru/site is not always correct. .

Last edited by vikz; Nov 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WidgetHead
Well, that officially closes the door on that question. Too bad though since the MD-90 does a fair number of mid-con routes.
It's pretty amazing on how quickly the technological landscape is changing. I used to love having AVOD on flights because watching TV for free and seeing movies for free in F was really nice. When it was first installed, there was no inflight internet like there is now. Now, with my computer, I can surf the internet for hours on end and be happily entertained for my flight.

Plus, having a Kindle to read books is another great way to pass time.

So, I'm perfectly happy without any entertainment on a plane these days since we are able to entertain ourselves much more easily.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by vikz
Chris,

I'm flying ATL-LAX on 11/21--the flight is a 76ER...any ideas if this configuration has the PTV's in coach?.. I know seat guru/site is not always correct. .
Should be able to see on DL.com. Bring up your itinerary and it should have various icons for the amenities onboard like wifi, live tv, personal tv, overhead video, etc. Mouse over them to see what they are. Looks like all but one of the 767's flying that day has PTV's in economy.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:42 am

Chris...I'm curious as to why none of the narrowbody Airbus' have received the standard issue Delta sidewall laminations, bulkheads and such...Sans the seat covers and carpet, they're Northwest interiors. Even the 5500 series 757's which are being retired received a complete interior overhaul.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by n7371f
Chris...I'm curious as to why none of the narrowbody Airbus' have received the standard issue Delta sidewall laminations, bulkheads and such...Sans the seat covers and carpet, they're Northwest interiors. Even the 5500 series 757's which are being retired received a complete interior overhaul.
Great question. We recognize that our narrowbody Airbus fleet needs to go through full CCP (Cabin Conditioning Program). The challenge is out of service time, funding and the prioritization of product initiatives given that there are so many fleet projects in work (int'l Wi-Fi, flat-bed seat mods, 76ER/753 cabin refurb, new a/c deliveries, etc.)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM
I have a question on a 767 flight I have coming up on DL16 LAX-JFK in May 2013 and the DL seat map is showing 1-2-1 seating with 6 full rows and just 2 seats in row 7 in BusinessElite I don't see a subsequent layout on the SeatGuru. Is this a new configuration?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SNAGuy
I have a question on a 767 flight I have coming up on DL16 LAX-JFK in May 2013 and the DL seat map is showing 1-2-1 seating with 6 full rows and just 2 seats in row 7 in BusinessElite I don't see a subsequent layout on the SeatGuru. Is this a new configuration?
Yes...that's the new 76Z sub-fleet. It's got 26 flat-bed seats with direct aisle access in BE compared with 36 on the standard 76L flat-bed configuration. The 76Z has the new interior, seats and IFE and will have satellite-based Wi-Fi installed early next year.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Hey Chris, I would like to know, do you happen to know what will be the layout for the ex-Gulf Air 763ERs (the ones with six doors and two overwing exits)? When should the first of these aircraft go into mods? Also, what code will they be designated as?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yes...that's the new 76Z sub-fleet. It's got 26 flat-bed seats with direct aisle access in BE compared with 36 on the standard 76L flat-bed configuration. The 76Z has the new interior, seats and IFE and will have satellite-based Wi-Fi installed early next year.
Thanks for such a quick response.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:30 am

Thanks Chris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.