Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Patience.

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Chris - here ya go...

INTL B/E Opportunities:
-Offer personalized/customized dining as an option
-Offer higher quality & healthier dining options (JFK-LAX seems to have higher quality meals than TATL at least in my experience)
-More frequent rotation of the menu (I’ve had the same menu to/from Europe YOY which indicates less frequent rotation)
-Streamline east-bound TATL service to enable customers to sleep more (it shouldn’t take 2+hrs to complete dinner on a 6hr JFK-LHR flight)
-Provide anti-fatigue amenities in the restrooms (Kiehl’s or Evian facial sprays would be nicer, Clarins or another brand’s toner would be welcomed)
-Provide a mattress pad on flat-bed a/c along with turn-down service
-Create a better ambiance through lighting – doesn’t necessarily need to be mood lighting but the current bright white can a little too much
-Upgrade NC headphones to Bose

Domestic FC Opportunities:
-Offer higher quality & healthier dining options (possibly reduce the amount of high-salt sandwiches)
-More frequent Menu rotation
-Drive better consistency in: PDB delivery, order of meals taken, what’s delivered on the meal trays (JFK-LAX often times arugula is left off and delivered later in a paper cup for the chicken, etc)
-Create a better ambiance through lighting – doesn’t necessarily need to be mood lighting but the current bright white can a little too much
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Patience.
I have patience - after all, despite what I would love to see, I haven't switched carriers...

Chris asked what we'd like to see, I answered...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

- Pre-departure beverages (ok, this is more of a domestic First aspect) - Delta FAs are just about the best in the business in providing PDBs..I am constantly amazed at how they will work their way through a congested boarding line on a narrow-body plane and take care of all 12 or 16 PDBs AND pax coats/jackets...
+1. DL has some terrific front-line employees.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Chris, sorry if this was already answered somewhere, but whats the story with the AVOD on the 737-800s? I know some have it, some do not...are there plans to install AVOD in the 738's that do not have it?
I know i have already said it, and glad to see lie-flat on the 75Es and a refurb for the 753 fleet, but still going to complain about the IFE on the domestic side.

Really want to see the 738 fleet finished with AVOD
please put AVOD on the M90s....Again, These birds are doing 3/4 hour trips out of MSP. If they were just doing east coast turns like the 88 fleet I'd shut up, but come on man. These birds are doing some long haul flying.

Also something with the Airbus that are going to stay around (mostly looking at the 319 fleet here.) One of Delta's longest routes in the system is LAX-TPA. It is flown with a Airbus, for those that don't do the wifi thing....it is down right painful.(and even if I do wifi...i honestly can't find something to do for 4 hours on the internet.) I get that the international fleet is taking up all the capital but with the bulk of that rapping up at the end of the year it would be nice to see Delta push the capital into the domestic fleet that will be around. (as i said, i get you hands are tied, but you asked what we want to see....this and some of the things already said about C/F would really make Delta a great and consistent airline)
Also it looks like AMR is going to be doing a huge AVOD push on their domestic fleet..... hate to see Delta fall behind to them
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
13 of 29 76L complete
4 of 22 76Z complete (this is the high density YC configuration)
7 of 7 76T complete
Making progress. ^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:47 am

Thanks for all of the updates and replies Chris, it is very much appreciated !

Now that the IFE has been updated on most ships, I'm curious as to wether there will be any upgrades to the map feature? I was browsing through some photos I took and noticed how much better the previous maps were. The new ones look considerably more spartan and have less information available.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Chris - thanks for your participation on this board.

I wholeheartedly agree about the personalized service of the old BE. Bring back the quadrants!!!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
OK, you asked for it

- bring back Personalized Dining (that really set BE service apart from the competition back in the day)
- consider providing a mattress/padding for the flat-bed BE seats
- consider providing PJs for the longer flights (e.g., those over 11-12 hours?)
- have regular flight attendants (not just Pursers) go through some basic international service indoctrination course; while I understand Delta and the FAs appreciate the flexibility to switch between domestic and international flying, we often run into FAs on international flights (especially during peak summertime) who barely fly international and hence have no clue how the international BE service is supposed to work (basics like pouring wine in front of the passenger, not in the galley, hidden from pax view, being slightly more knowledgeable about the wine offerings instead of just "red" or "white")

But Please Don't Change the following:

- BE Duvet - I love the duvet - it's practically the only duvet in the air that covers me from head to toe. Most airline duvets/blankets are simply not long enough...the Delta BE duvet is world class!
- Real glassware for pre-departure beverages on international BE flights - DL (along with US) are the only two US carriers that do this; UA and AA still do plastic (even in international F)
- Pre-departure beverages (ok, this is more of a domestic First aspect) - Delta FAs are just about the best in the business in providing PDBs..I am constantly amazed at how they will work their way through a congested boarding line on a narrow-body plane and take care of all 12 or 16 PDBs AND pax coats/jackets...
Completely agree with this...and most of this can be done without a lot of cost.

With the BE flatbed installations, it's a marked improvement that these are the enhancement topics that we are discussing, rather than the hard product.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:29 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
We're working on it...it's understood that the current moving map is not where it needs to be in terms of features.

Originally Posted by ricardobtg

Now that the IFE has been updated on most ships, I'm curious as to wether there will be any upgrades to the map feature? I was browsing through some photos I took and noticed how much better the previous maps were. The new ones look considerably more spartan and have less information available.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:01 am
Original Poster

The domestic fleet currently has a lot of focus now that the international fleet upgrades are nearing completion so stayed tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I know i have already said it, and glad to see lie-flat on the 75Es and a refurb for the 753 fleet, but still going to complain about the IFE on the domestic side.

Really want to see the 738 fleet finished with AVOD
please put AVOD on the M90s....Again, These birds are doing 3/4 hour trips out of MSP. If they were just doing east coast turns like the 88 fleet I'd shut up, but come on man. These birds are doing some long haul flying.

Also something with the Airbus that are going to stay around (mostly looking at the 319 fleet here.) One of Delta's longest routes in the system is LAX-TPA. It is flown with a Airbus, for those that don't do the wifi thing....it is down right painful.(and even if I do wifi...i honestly can't find something to do for 4 hours on the internet.) I get that the international fleet is taking up all the capital but with the bulk of that rapping up at the end of the year it would be nice to see Delta push the capital into the domestic fleet that will be around. (as i said, i get you hands are tied, but you asked what we want to see....this and some of the things already said about C/F would really make Delta a great and consistent airline)
Also it looks like AMR is going to be doing a huge AVOD push on their domestic fleet..... hate to see Delta fall behind to them
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by ricardobtg

Actually to me the IFE update is bigger than just the maps. The newer system is significantly slower than the old system. Are there any plans to upgrade the speed?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL FO
The domestic fleet currently has a lot of focus now that the international fleet upgrades are nearing completion so stayed tuned for more info as it becomes available.
Hey Chris, thanks so much for your contributions to FlyerTalk. I'm flying a A332 from LAX to MSP next Saturday, and Delta.com indicates wifi and satellite are available. This is a mistake, right?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:17 pm

Thanks Chris. Like i said, not trying to keep saying the same thing, just wanna see the inconstant domestic product cleaned up a bit.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Yes...that's a mistake. I'll let IT know. Thx

Originally Posted by James0026
Hey Chris, thanks so much for your contributions to FlyerTalk. I'm flying a A332 from LAX to MSP next Saturday, and Delta.com indicates wifi and satellite are available. This is a mistake, right?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:17 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
I really hope the new soft product news is for some new food offerings.

Chris - Is there a date for this news to be released?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.