Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by firstmob
Chris with the already modified 767ER's, your count seem to imply the entire 767ER fleet will have flat beds in BE by next spring.^
No, that count makes it look like by the end of May next year 41/58 will be modified with flatbeds. The remaining 17 appear to be going into mods between June '13 and Jan '14. It will be nice to have the majority have the new mods though by next summer.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
One question I have about the 75Es is if they do opt to modify them with the whole corporate direction of "Aisle access at every BE seat" would that mean the plane would have 1-1 seating up front??? That would be pretty slick in my opinion. My only concern would be what that means for seat count as the 764s and 767-300ERs have shown that the approximate new # of rows to old # of rows is 1.5:1 after mods.....767-300ER for example has gone to 9 rows from 6 using no extra space it seems. So that would mean the 757 could handle 6 rows in the flatbed config meaning only 12 seats up front unless the galleys or lavs or something was reworked to make room for 1-2 more rows. I really do hope that DL decides to go that route since it would finally make them a real player in NYC-LAX/SFO (and I guess SEA since they get the BE service next summer) for premium traffic and also make the BE product consistent across the pond and on intl longhaul routes to places like KEF, AGP, VLC, DKR, BSB.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Mr. Babb - Thanks for a stellar update on the fleet. Your passion is apparent from your posts.

Can you tell me if the toilet lids on the 717 and the 739 will have a soft close hinge?

Also, with regards to the new seat on the 753, is there any chance the foam cushion can be loaded with a Febreeze treated cushion? At 30,000 feet many travelers use the cabin noise to pollute the cabin in secrecy.

Thanks for the update.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by MS02113
Originally Posted by ftct12
Chris or anyone that can shed some light on this for me
Regarding your EWR-ATL-AUA trip, you'll fly on domestically configured aircraft for all four legs. That is, the aircraft will feature first/business class—not BusinessElite—cabins. You'll be served a cold meal EWR-ATL (assuming the flight departs during published meal hours) and a hot meal ATL-AUA, but both will be of the domestic, single-tray standard, not the multi-course BusinessElite offering.
Still off-topic

Seats are the older standard BE models quite sufficient for a four hour flight. If you can, pick A B seats for the best view of the island passing by the high rise and low rise hotels, port, etc.

The flight crews are usually quite engaging.

PM me for tips
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by andymo99
Safest bet is to choose seats downstairs. But if I was boarding alongside you, I'd happily take them up for you. I bet you'll have no problem finding a fellow pax who would be happy to help.

I'm going to send like the parent here, but here goes: bring a book. Bring a crossword puzzle. Give your brain a workout and disconnect from video entertainment for 3-4 hours. You'll survive. You might even like it.
and i'll have to act like the child and saw "I don't wanna!"

I don't have to much of a problem with it really....I just want to see a constant product. Nothing is more annoying to me than seeing a 75X do the TPA-ATL leg and then the ATL-SJC have nothing....or overheads. With AA and UA both upgrading their domestic product I do expect the same from Delta.

Oh and....for those that have little ones....PTVs is a frickin god send. Put it on TV or get them a movie and I can watch ESPN and sleep.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I don't have to much of a problem with it really....I just want to see a constant product. Nothing is more annoying to me than seeing a 75X do the TPA-ATL leg and then the ATL-SJC have nothing....or overheads. With AA and UA both upgrading their domestic product I do expect the same from Delta.
I don't think AA will necessarily have a consistent product either. I could be wrong but they were careful to say that they will have PTVs, etc., on their new delivery planes, but they don't mention that they will go back and retrofit their existing 738s with PTVs, etc. Their new deliveries will include A32X family, as well as new 738s and 737MAX..of course those will come from the factory with all the gadgets, but they will continue to fly their existing 738s, and I haven't seen any mention of retrofits for these frames.
Similarly, they do not plan to retrofit their 763 fleet (primarily for international) with PTVs in Y, even though a portion of these (some 763s will be retired with the arrival of the 787s) will be flying alongside their 777s and 787s....
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:23 pm

JFK-ATH, CDG-DTW, lie flat when?

JFK - ATH is a 767-300 ER. The CDG - DTW is an A330-300.

What are the odds for Lie Flat seating in mid-May 2013?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:50 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by KyRoamer
JFK - ATH is a 767-300 ER. The CDG - DTW is an A330-300.

What are the odds for Lie Flat seating in mid-May 2013?
Neither of those routes will be operated with flat-bed equipped a/c by mid-May.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Thanks Chris.

I can sleep standing up so flat beds are not a big deal. Some flat bedded cabins make it difficult to converse with your traveling companion. Hopefully delta's arrangements do not.

But for this trip, we can sit together and not have to be concerned about layout.

You are a great asset here. Hope you will continue to participate.

Mike
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
One question I have about the 75Es is if they do opt to modify them with the whole corporate direction of "Aisle access at every BE seat" would that mean the plane would have 1-1 seating up front??? That would be pretty slick in my opinion...
+1

I also think that would be pretty cool. Kind of like the 747's upper deck! Wonder if the width is similar?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by atlocal
+1

I also think that would be pretty cool. Kind of like the 747's upper deck! Wonder if the width is similar?
It would seem a better fit would be taking the A/D configuration from the 767s and using that on a narrow-body. I'm not sure if anyone's doing anything like that. BA was doing something with the ex-BD A321s to outfit them for medium-haul, and I think it was aiming to get aisle access for all in some way, shape, or form
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by mtkeller
It would seem a better fit would be taking the A/D configuration from the 767s and using that on a narrow-body. I'm not sure if anyone's doing anything like that...
Good point. I think the 767 seats would be a better fit on the 757 (if the measurements work).
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by atlocal
Good point. I think the 767 seats would be a better fit on the 757 (if the measurements work).
Not sure about that. I think the Thompson Vantage can fit on a 757 in an alternating 1-2/1-1 layout, so not everyone will get direct aisle access, while using a 1-1 layout in all rows would be a waste of space.

I know that on the A330, the Thompson Vantage can fit in an alternating 1-2-1/1-2-2 layout. Since one passenger in every other row wouldn't get direct aisle access, DL chose to go with the Weber Cirrus instead, which unlike the Contour Solar Suites on the 777s (which will only fit on the A330 in a 1-1-1 layout), the Weber Cirrus fits in a 1-2-1 layout on the A330, thus providing more J seats than with the Contour Solar Suites while maintaining direct aisle access for all J passengers.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Chris,

What about JFK-FCO (767-300ER) flight in Mid-August?

Thanks,

Planecrazy63
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Chris,

First of all, thank you for being a wealth of information! Secondly, is there any indication that ATL-HNL will have flat-bed seats in July-August 2013?

Best,

Joseph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.