Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by gooselee:19260323
Originally Posted by mbwmbw:19259238
I really hope Delta does make these changes soon so Diamond will actually be worth something. I don't mind paying 25000-30000 for it.
At that point, just get a private jets card and be done with it...
Thought it was 100k/yr for that.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Medeski
This cant be right. A GM doesnt get upgraded when flying through ATL
Not only was I upgraded, the flight from SJC to ATL was the redeye on a 12 Seat F A320.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Thought it was 100k/yr for that.
Certainly not
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Was this whole thing a planned "trial balloon" to see just how bad the reaction would be, before actually implementing it? Wouldn't be surprised.
Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andymo99
Mods, how about taking some of the info from milepost 113 and inserting it as an addendum to the first post?

That would save new readers a bunch of hassle.
Done, great idea. @:-)
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by bizfly
goodbye delta if this is true
Too right. Me and my money will go elsewhere.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Picture please.
Actual pictures of the real DLCorpGirl do indeed exist on the Internet, but I am not revealing where they are located.

By the way, DLCorpGirl is unavailable — and that is all I will say about her relationship status.
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Done, great idea. @:-)
You beat me to it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by TeamInTheSky
Hi All,

This is my first post on this website, and I look forward to future discussions. As a little background, I am an American living in London and am a DL Silver (will be Gold this year) all on personal travel.

As I found myself booking a flight this afternoon:

LHR ATL AVL
AVL IAD
DCA JFK LHR

and it was kicking out around 4000 miles earned 2400 MQM, I was obviously a bit disconcerted. I phoned up Delta and talked to four very nice representatives. They confirmed that while there has been a mileage accrual change, BUT booking from Delta's website should not trigger the knock-down in miles. The decrease comes from Unpublished fares (more below).

To further what InVinoVeritas said, I would speculate that this is an IT error. It would seem (on September 1) that "Unpublished Fares" saw a huge reduciton in value in LUT fares. It says specifically on the DL's website, that "Unpublished Fares" do not include fares booked on DL's website or through a reservation agent.

My guess is that someone accidently applied this to all fares instead of ones primarly booked by travel agents and other bodies that get these "Unpublished Fares" rate.

Regards,

Team
Great post, thanks Team!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by Canarsie:19260486
Picture please.
Pictures of DLCorpGirl do indeed exist on the Internet, but I am not revealing where they are located.

By the way, DLCorpGirl is unavailable — and that is all I will say about her relationship status.
Thank you Canarsie. Are you dating her?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Certain folks will continue to hold out hope, because you used that word instead of the more permanent "differently available."
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
We’ve identified the issue and many of you were right – we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. We’re working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today. You can book now or book later – once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.

Worth answering a few other questions we’ve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.
- Jeff30189: I love cookies – and can be bribed.
- JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Can’t hurt to ask, right?
- mbwmbw: Picture here.
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
Thanks for stopping by and giving us this update! As others have subsequently asked, how is announcing a change to the award chart in advance illegal? See this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16046191-post61.html

If UA (& others), why not DL?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance.
Wow, there's a lot of airlines operating illegally then!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thank you Canarsie. Are you dating her?
No.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:07 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
I think you and the others got my point -- AA is doing something similar. sorry if I did not get all of the parlance correct. Geez.
No they are not. All AA flights earn 1.0 EQM per mile flown.

However, AA does offer an additional means of qualification where higher fare classes / classes of service offer a bonus towards qualification.

There is no penalty for low-fare flyers, but a bonus for high-fare ones.

Greg
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
We’ve identified the issue and many of you were right – we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. We’re working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today. You can book now or book later – once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.

Worth answering a few other questions we’ve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.
- Jeff30189: I love cookies – and can be bribed.
- JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Can’t hurt to ask, right?
- mbwmbw: Picture here.
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
Thanks so much for your thorough response. I really did start to think about choosing between AA and UA for future travel... Glad I can stick with DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.