Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
^^^^
How does mbwmbw deserve it?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by davetravels
Let's see. I believe there have been 2 FTers in this thread who are FOR this new scheme, if/when it ever takes place. (One of whom, has just about lost all credibility in this forum)
I believe the one with no credibility updated his pic here:
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by yohanson:19260902
Originally Posted by davetravels
Let's see. I believe there have been 2 FTers in this thread who are FOR this new scheme, if/when it ever takes place. (One of whom, has just about lost all credibility in this forum)
I believe the one with no credibility updated his pic here:
+1
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09:19260897
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
^^^^
How does mbwmbw deserve it?
They are angry that someone I know working in the online SkyMiles development team (programmer) said they are implementing a change.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TeamInTheSky
As I am that flyer right now on the way to Gold, I would tend to disagree. I think it is very easy for many corporate flyers on this website to sit back and feel entitled while the revenue earned by Delta is simply a tax break for the corporation that you work for.

My wife and I will both be gold this year on 10,000 pounds of our own money spent on flights. While that maybe be a drop in the bucket compared to what some companies spend on corporate travel for some employees, I think my loyalty to DL and Skymiles runs just as much or more deep as it is my dollars with no tax break that are being spent.

The reason I pay more for Delta and AF/KL in Europe is because I enjoy the benefits I receive as I will enjoy being SkyTeam Elite Plus and having lounge access next year. So no, while I am not in the air every week, I am still a valuable revenue stream that deserves some benefit for choosing to fly one airline.

Regards,

Team
You're spending more than this EXP who has more than 220K EQM planned this year on AA....
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by ryandc99
It might be a good idea to update the thread title to something that reflects this was an IT Glitch.
Technically, is the title of this topic not already true anyway?

I said to Bob Kupbens in person several months ago that it used to be much easier to see how many Medallion Qualification Miles I would earn on a flight before booking it, which was especially useful in determining whether I wanted to connect through one city or another — and it was based on the fare class paid: either 100 percent for economy class fares, or 150 percent for premium class and Y, B and M fares.

When I saw the title, I thought at first that that functionality returned and was happy about it...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
They are angry that someone I know working in the online SkyMiles development team (programmer) said they are implementing a change.
No, we're calling you out on claiming this specific incident was a PLANNED roll-out of the change, not a coding error applied to the wrong kind of fares that went live without competent testing.

If your friend was involved in this debacle today, my jaw is not dropping.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This functionality has been on delta.dumb for a while, but only after you select flights in a dummy booking, when it asks if you want to upgrade or flex the fare.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:52 pm

Hi All,

I have checked, and as many has posted, it seems fully functional to me. I booked the trip I spoke of previous during the glich, so I surely hope my miles show up when I fly later this year!

Is there any way to see how many Miles/MQM's you will earn after you book the flight on the DL website, or is this something I should call a rep for just to concern.

Regards (and thanks in advance)

Team
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
+1
You do know that he's pinpointing at you.

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
You're spending more than this EXP who has more than 220K EQM planned this year on AA....
So? What point are you trying to make here? Your post has nothing to add to anything in this thread except a "Who Cares" call.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This functionality has been on delta.dumb for a while, but only after you select flights in a dummy booking, when it asks if you want to upgrade or flex the fare.
Correct, which is why I said...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Technically, is the title of this topic not already true anyway?
I liked the ability...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
to see how many Medallion Qualification Miles I would earn on a flight before booking it
I do not want to have to go all of the way through a “dummy booking” just to see how many Medallion Qualification Miles I would earn. It was easier to do this at one time.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Yeah. Someone probably mistakenly loaded a production code to a live site. Hope that Delta makes an announcement before this 25% MQM earnings on (S)LUT fares is in fact effect.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by fti
GUWonder is correct that YOU are speculating (or just overly optimistic!)
Here's the real truth:

Everyone is speculating. That is, unless you're sitting in the boardroom at 1030 Delta Blvd. I'm speculating, but I don't believe anyone here is.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:31 pm

Could you ask this person to spend less time feeding you stories for the internet and more time on thier job? That might fix a lot of Delta's IT issues.

Anyone ever been to Disney and heard the outlandish rumors their bus drivers make up? I think they all sit around their break room making things up just to see how far they can spread the rumor. This could explain a lot of the Delta IT issues. They sit around telling people they "know" stuff they think they know..... Instead of fixing the award calendar which is boring. LOL.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
Emphasis mine

I'm calling BS on this part. Sorry, but award charts change and those changes are announced in advance ALL THE TIME. It isn't fare baiting and the DoT doesn't prevent you from announcing such changes prior to their implementation. Perhaps it is time you find a better group of lawyers because the ones you have are steering you wrong and hoping the public just doesn't notice. That's a crappy way to run a company.
^
Didn't you get the memo on Delta's new CEO - Shena?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.