Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PDX1130
Would you wait to purchase flights today? I need to book three of them.
I am sure that WHEN this is implemented, they will announce an effective date.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Bubbashow, commence mourning
I think Bubba was actually the voice of reason on this. I would like for DL Corp Girl to tell us about the rumored increase in mileage redemption rates though...Is it true?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I really hope Delta does make these changes soon so Diamond will actually be worth something. I don't mind paying 25000-30000 for it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
As I fly on my own dime and like extra cash in my pockets to enjoy doing things other than flying. The flights I need to book are the lowest they have been in two weeks.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Do not harass company representatives. We want them to communicate with FT more and that kind of childish behavior will discourage them from doing so.
ok dad

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by bubbashow
buh-bye...thanks for flying DL.
Thin the herd? Try the analogy of the wiping out of the great American Bison herds in the last half of the 19th century.

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I think Bubba was actually the voice of reason on this. I would like for DL Corp Girl to tell us about the rumored increase in mileage rates though...Is it true?
Avid...thank you.

However, I think people badgering DL Corp Girl about things which she is not at this time authorized to comment on is a good example of why DL doesn't see FT as a value with which to keep communication.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi, all. It's been a while. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working to get to the bottom of it but one thing is certain - it is incorrect. Hope to have it resolved soon. I'll check back again once we know more.
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
{{{{DLCorpGirl}}}} you are amazing and probably beautiful!
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Correct, I am both.
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Picture please.
@DLCorpGirl, don't mind our young friend who wants a picture.

Everybody else, remain calm, all is well...now back to work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa
Curious how many people will jump ship if/when this is implemented. I could see a lot of frequent leisure travellers that would go. I'd be one of them.
I can't wait to fly Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Thai, Emirates, Turkish, Qatar, etc etc. Those multiple airlines search results you get on Orbitz will start to look good.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:02 pm

aubreyfromwheaton
ok dad

LOL.

Thin the herd? Try the analogy of the wiping out of the great American Bison herds in the last half of the 29th century

I'm sure. When DL does this, all will follow (to a certain extent, WN is already there). Then what? All planes in America will be empty?

Last edited by bubbashow; Sep 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
I'm not an IT helper, nor affiliated with Delta. However, it doesn't take either to come up with a perfectly plausable explanation for this issue - the recent roll out of the reduced credit for excursion-ticketed fares in those very same classes crosses in the system with the published fares in those classes and the credit calculates incorrectly. As in, the "X-factor" isn't the decrease %, it's the type of fare (unpublished vs. published).

I am not saying that is THE reason, I would have no idea (but I'm paying attention because it impacts me). I am saying that is a plausible reason.
Quit throwing logic into this speculation thread....the sky is falling and I'm not buying any more DL tickets and I am getting a status match tomorrow
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaChief
I am sure that WHEN this is implemented, they will announce an effective date.
Originally Posted by DaChief
I am sure that WHEN this is implemented, they will announce a retroactive effective date.
FTFY.

(bolding mine)
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
We will see who is correct in the end =-).

LOL - the posts "you have saved some DL business". LMFAO - it is a $40+ Billion company. I'm sure the loss of 5 T fare RTs had them quaking in their boots!!!! LOL.
I usually buy M fares so I don't have much of a dog in this race. But I just don't see why DL cares if the elite ranks are "overinflated." What does it cost them? What are the benefits that elites get?

-- Complementary UGs: If DL wants to give out fewer they can FCM more aggressively, change to all BF UG or only give out early windows to higher medallions, etc.

-- No bag fees: Anyone who loses elite status can eliminate bag fees with an AMEX. AMEX pays DL so much those benefits aren't going anywhere. Will DL really get more fees this way?

-- Premium seats: Will people who lose elite status pay for the seats they used to be entitled to choose? Will it make much difference?

-- Discounted or free EC: only makes a difference international with the free alcohol. Additional cost or savings probably marginal.

-- Boarding zone: Makes no monetary difference unless they plan to offer higher zones for sale but what kind of sucker buys that unless seating is also going to be a free-for-all like WN? Anyway again AMEX offers this.

-- No mileage redeposit fees: Does it really make a huge difference? There is already T-72 so this benefit is already reduced.

I am not privy to DL's calculations I just don't see how it really makes them more money to thin the elite ranks.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
And when you carry a Medallion card, it will actually mean something. You will actually be worth something to the airline.

If this is rolled out next year, THANK YOU DL! Thank you for eliminating 80 people lining up for SKY boarding, thank you for eliminating upgrade lists 70+ long, thank you for deciding to make the bold move of making your elite program actually elite.
I never see this. The last upgrade I missed was MSP-LAX on a Q fare purchased the day before the flight a few weeks ago. When I showed up to the gate, the kettles were already boarding.

I had to SDC yesterday from BOS-MSP to BOS-JFK-MSP and was 3rd on the upgrade list of about 20 people and got upgraded on BOS-JFK and was 1st on the upgrade with about the same number of people on the list JFK-MSP and was also upgraded on a T fare purchased over a month ago.

Maybe you should make a few mileage/vacation runs and hit Diamond so this isn't an issue for you.

BTW, sat next to a guy BOS-JFK who flies 250-300K/year who flies globally. He gets to purchase business class intercontinental but not intracontinental and recently his company has stopped purchasing biz class east coast TATL. He says he still gets upgraded a lot depending on the bix class load of the flight crew and due to his HVC status. Fly more and you won't have these issues.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Avid...thank you.

However, I think people badgering DL Corp Girl about things which she is not at this time authorized to comment on is a good example of why DL doesn't see FT as a value with which to keep communication.
Agree but the mileage redemption rates went up last week without any announcement from anyone (not picking on DL Corp Girl) or any explanation when a similar thread started. I was just pointing out that we will hear from them what, when, and if they want us to. It is their right to do so (and I support them running their business as they wish) but I doubt many here feel at ease by the statement that "it was a mistake" and in fact this type of, well, pandering, does not promote what many wish was a more open discussion.

I am not saying I think DL should do anything...just that you cant have it both ways and be credible.

Changes they are a coming though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.