Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa
Curious how many people will jump ship if/when this is implemented. I could see a lot of frequent leisure travellers that would go. I'd be one of them.
I think that the power that is would like to ensure that leisure travelers don't clog the DL premium cabins
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Incorrect?

As in "not supposed to happen at all"?

Or, as in "not supposed to happen this soon"?

Count me in the ranks of those believing that this was just an inadvertent preview of what is in the works but, nonetheless, thanks for listening and posting.
+1. CorpGirl, any information to whats going on with fares and MQMs, etc in the near future is much appreciated.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi, all. It's been a while. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working to get to the bottom of it but one thing is certain - it is incorrect. Hope to have it resolved soon. I'll check back again once we know more.
Bubbashow, commence mourning
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Incorrect?

Count me in the ranks of those believing that this was just an inadvertent preview of what is in the works but, nonetheless, thanks for listening and posting.
It was magic Sky Faeries
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat MM, Marriott Plat, UA PE
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
Probably ought to repost this every two or so posts because new folks to the thread will miss it. (a bit tongue in cheek, but with a bit of truth also...)

Some of you are correct... there is always evidence of a conspiracy if you look for it. (Note, I'm not taking a stand on the actual 'good or bad' of this, just saying that whatever your bias when looking to explain things, it's yours. It's just human nature...)
There is no underestimating the sheer incompetance of Delta's IT department so I am not surprised that this is occuring. However, while I am not a computer type, I find it difficult to accept that a random bug that follows a perfectly logical and consistent mathamatical model (earning multipliers divisible by .25). Why not LUT = .168256? Maybe some IT types on here can speculate as the the probability of this...

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Incorrect?

Count me in as well. It makes too much sense and the 25%, 50% etc line up too well with fare classes for this to have been an IT error. We'll be seeing it again and the question is when....
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Picture please.
Do not harass company representatives. We want them to communicate with FT more and that kind of childish behavior will discourage them from doing so.

Programs: DL DM
03 Sep 2012 Delta 0104 from Atlanta, GA(ATL) to Orlando, FL(MCO) Activity Date : 03 Sep 2012 500 500 1000 500 1
Miles 500 500
100% Gold Medallion Bonus 500
Class Paid/Flown : T/X
03 Sep 2012 Delta 1684 from San Jose, CA(SJC) to Atlanta, GA(ATL) Activity Date : 02 Sep 2012 2116 2116 4232 2116 1
Miles 2116 2116
100% Gold Medallion Bonus 2116
Class Paid/Flown : T/V
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by HongKonger:19259182
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Picture please.
Do not harass company representatives. We want them to communicate with FT more and that kind of childish behavior will discourage them from doing so.
It was obvious I was replying sarcastically to the "beautiful" comment.

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
Hi, all. It's been a while. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working to get to the bottom of it but one thing is certain - it is incorrect. Hope to have it resolved soon. I'll check back again once we know more.
Please confirm that this is not only incorrect now, but also not the plan for next year's program.

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
Would you wait to purchase flights today? I need to book three of them.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Bubbashow, commence mourning
We will see who is correct in the end =-).

LOL - the posts "you have saved some DL business". LMFAO - it is a $40+ Billion company. I'm sure the loss of 5 T fare RTs had them quaking in their boots!!!! LOL.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by PDX1130:19259198
No I'd buy today.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by PDX1130
I wouldn't if I were you.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas2012
There is no underestimating the sheer incompetance of Delta's IT department so I am not surprised that this is occuring. However, while I am not a computer type, I find it difficult to accept that a random bug that follows a perfectly logical and consistent mathamatical model (earning multipliers divisible by .25). Why not LUT = .168256? Maybe some IT types on here can speculate as the the probability of this...

I'm not an IT helper, nor affiliated with Delta. However, it doesn't take either to come up with a perfectly plausable explanation for this issue - the recent roll out of the reduced credit for excursion-ticketed fares in those very same classes crosses in the system with the published fares in those classes and the credit calculates incorrectly. As in, the "X-factor" isn't the decrease %, it's the type of fare (unpublished vs. published).

I am not saying that is THE reason, I would have no idea (but I'm paying attention because it impacts me). I am saying that is a plausible reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.