Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Error fixed. Egg on face for mbwmbw
^^^^
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:12 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Thanks for stopping by and giving us this update! As others have subsequently asked, how is announcing a change to the award chart in advance illegal? See this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16046191-post61.html

If UA (& others), why not DL?
Because DL says so!

Originally Posted by hobo13
Wow, there's a lot of airlines operating illegally then!
Exactly

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Thanks so much for your thorough response. I really did start to think about choosing between AA and UA for future travel... Glad I can stick with DL.
...for now.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Hopefully Delta is realizing just from the reaction on here it will go over like a lead balloon and sack the idea.
Bubbashow loved it. And also that other guy who brags about his free MRs to make double diamond.

Originally Posted by amolkold
Hey, isn't there an airline out there that advertises that loyalty goes both ways?
I wish.

David
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
No.
It might be a good idea to update the thread title to something that reflects this was an IT Glitch.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by amolkold
Hey, isn't there an airline out there that advertises that loyalty goes both ways?
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I wish.
David
Well, the IS one out there that advertises this, but . . . . .
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance.
Emphasis mine

I'm calling BS on this part. Sorry, but award charts change and those changes are announced in advance ALL THE TIME. It isn't fare baiting and the DoT doesn't prevent you from announcing such changes prior to their implementation. Perhaps it is time you find a better group of lawyers because the ones you have are steering you wrong and hoping the public just doesn't notice. That's a crappy way to run a company.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ryandc99
It might be a good idea to update the thread title to something that reflects this was an IT Glitch.
This isn't all an IT glitch, at least in the sense that DL management has a plan to reduce the mileage earnings of some sorts and plans to expand that to more fares than just unpublished fares. The main IT glitch is in having shown customers that DL has established the infrastructure to expand the proportion of ticketed customers who will earn less than 100% status and/or redeemable miles -- so as to go beyond merely "unpublished fares" customers and hit a much larger proportion of SkyMiles customers.

DL is being rather sleazy in the way it is dealing with customers. That includes claiming (even as I expect a convenient future "correction" of sorts) that announcing award chart changes in advance is not legal.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL GM
"This isn't all an IT glitch"

Thats your speculation. the overwhelming proof is that what happened today was a IT glitch. I hate thread starters that cause a panic. the title of this thread definitely needs to be modified
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hazelrah
It was magic Sky Faeries
^^^ for your signature line.

But you left off a good part of the quote (yes, I know there is a limitation on the number of characters in the signature line... I have battled that before):

"The Sky People have sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. That no one can stop them. Well, we will send them a message."

Perhaps the fair amounts of disdain and jaded mistrust of DL management that have been evidenced in this thread over the last 6 hours will send them a message.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by DiverDave

I wish.

David
At SMI/J funland, the grass isn't greener, especially when it takes months to even receive credit for flights flown.

As for equating DL and WN; on WN, no matter what fare class you paid for, each segment still appears as 1 segment. And according to WN's website, one needs to only fly 25 segments or 35,000 points. The crux is that a lot of itineraries are either non-stop or 1-stop.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sectflyer

Thats your speculation. the overwhelming proof is that what happened today was a IT glitch. I hate thread starters that cause a panic. the title of this thread definitely needs to be modified
The above is your speculation. The segment of my post which you mention is completely factual.

This isn't all an IT glitch -- there is a fact for you.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The Lead Balloon Factor . . . .

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Perhaps the fair amounts of disdain and jaded mistrust of DL management that have been evidenced in this thread over the last 6 hours will send them a message.
Let's see. I believe there have been 2 FTers in this thread who are FOR this new scheme, if/when it ever takes place. (One of whom, has just about lost all credibility in this forum) There are a few who are indifferent / accepting that change is coming, but I think the posts in this thread show just how much of a lead balloon could be dropped on The Company upon implementation, at least as far as filling up otherwise empty seats goes with cheap fares.

Last edited by davetravels; Sep 5, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:03 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by sectflyer

Where have you been the past six months? All kinds of speculation on the devaluation of the SM program, a more revenue-based program, etc.

GUWonder is correct that YOU are speculating (or just overly optimistic!)
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12

I'm calling BS on this part. Sorry, but award charts change and those changes are announced in advance ALL THE TIME. It isn't fare baiting and the DoT doesn't prevent you from announcing such changes prior to their implementation. Perhaps it is time you find a better group of lawyers because the ones you have are steering you wrong and hoping the public just doesn't notice. That's a crappy way to run a company.
It's probably not the lawyers that are the problem.... it's the PR folks masquerading as lawyers.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by GregL
No they are not. All AA flights earn 1.0 EQM per mile flown.

However, AA does offer an additional means of qualification where higher fare classes / classes of service offer a bonus towards qualification.

There is no penalty for low-fare flyers, but a bonus for high-fare ones.

Greg
Actually, there is a penalty for those who are both low-fare and high-fare flyers. You can only earn elite status one way - either EQMs or EQPs. However EQMs penalize the high-fare flyer (even F fares are at 100% only) while EQPs penalize the low-fare flyer (lowest fares earn only 50% points). So if you (like me) buy a combination of low fares and premium fares over the course of a year, you're screwed either way...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.