Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by andymo99
This is false.

You are indeed able to notify folks in advance of redemption level changes. At most airlines, to do so is standard practice. It used to be standard practice at Delta. Sadly, it no longer is the case.
There ya go! Keep badgering.....youll keep her coming back for more. Next tell her how valuable your t fare really is. DOESNT SHE KNOW WHO U ARE?!?!?!?!?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Next tell her how valuable your t fare really is.
Is a BE pax who buys 2 - $5,000 round trips a year any more valuable than someone who buys 20 - $500 T class round trips a year?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.
I've never heard such blatant BS in my life and can't believe you think your customers are dumb enough to believe this. I don't fly Delta for many reasons, but I will try my hardest to NEVER fly Delta ever again.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by drdavidge
I've never heard such blatant BS in my life and can't believe you think your customers are dumb enough to believe this. I don't fly Delta for many reasons, but I will try my hardest to NEVER fly Delta ever again.

Where do these posters come from? Do most of them not have jobs/lives?

I can't even keep up with threads for programs I use, much less spend time posting rants about programs I don't use.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is a BE pax who buys 2 - $5,000 round trips a year any more valuable than someone who buys 20 - $500 T class round trips a year?
Depends. What is the rpm vs casm? Most on here wont use that formula because it will prove my point every single time....instead they will use the horse$hittery of forcing others to buy higher fares. Now 20 t fares sold to kettles is surely more valuable than an "elite" sucking up benefits @ the same fare. That is common sense
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
There ya go! Keep badgering.....youll keep her coming back for more. Next tell her how valuable your t fare really is. DOESNT SHE KNOW WHO U ARE?!?!?!?!?
Haha... So true.

Be nice to the Delta reps who clue us in to changes, even if only after the fact. There is no law saying that they have to notify customers of award redemption changes, and the market has proven that no notification is required to keep their customers.

Delta's customers, for whatever reason, seem to remain loyal regardless of SkyMiles changes. Personally (and I know this is not the FlyerTalk way), the redemption value is less than .4% (spend $6k to get $200 worth of award travel), so I already consider SkyMiles to be worthless. GM is worth SP benefits and free domestic EC. Nothing else is worthwhile in the SkyMiles program to me.

I pay $600 - $1,300 per (coach) ticket and almost never have a prayer of an upgrade. Given the poor SkyMiles earning rate and lack of good redemption options (for my personal travel needs), it would appear that there is no reason for me to be loyal. However the service is generally good and consistent, and the Pre-check benefits (not an option on all airlines even with GE) in addition to SP benefits (priority seats, boarding, and security access) are worth the premium.

The SkyMiles earning/redemption potential is already of negligible worth to me, and thus has little to no bearing on my airfare purchase decisions.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:09 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Well I would say it isn't worth the headache to even be in a position to have someone say the company is "signaling". I believe back in 2008 AirTran launced the $15 baggage fee and a week or two later Delta announced the fee as well and the two were sued for collusion. Would be tough to prove but why would any large company even want to subject themselves to that? This is the reason why Delta (and all other airlines) don't discuss future pricing actions
You still don't get it, do you? Airlines HAVE in the recent past announced in advance changes to their award redemption chart. This is not the same as "signaling" with regard to pricing of revenue tickets. No airline has been sued for doing it, no airline or executive has been fined by the government for doing it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.
Has the loyalty/legal team watched the Anderson video? What about honesty, integrity and mutual respect?

I'm sure inflight can make you a copy.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tkey75
No doubt!

I hope it doesn't cost them. I hope they once again become the customer friendly company I knew many moons ago. I also hope they are at the same time profitable and grow as a company in order to offer their consumers a better product.
I hope it costs DL management, as I said earlier. A different management team may be more customer-friendly than what is now and has been before (such as during the Leo Mullins days).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Um...see my quote above. Nobody on here has flown since 9/1 and looked at their mileage statements?
05 Sep 2012 Delta 5568 from Detroit-Wayne County, MI(DTW) to Kansas City-Intl, MO(MCI)
Activity Date : 04 Sep 2012 630 630 1260 630 1
Miles 630 630
100% Platinum Medallion Bonus 630
Class Paid/Flown : T/V
05 Sep 2012 Delta 0862 from Indianapolis, IN(IND) to Detroit-Wayne County, MI(DTW)
Activity Date : 04 Sep 2012 500 500 1000 500 1

It did NOT take place September 1st
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
the last time CO raised redemption prices, (I think it was 55k to 60K for USA to Europe) they announced the change MONTHS in advance.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depends. What is the rpm vs casm? Most on here wont use that formula because it will prove my point every single time....instead they will use the horse$hittery of forcing others to buy higher fares. Now 20 t fares sold to kettles is surely more valuable than an "elite" sucking up benefits @ the same fare. That is common sense
Yes, but to induce the kettle to purchase the ticket from DL and not a competitor probably requires a lower price than the elite will accept, so on balance it isn't clear whether DL does better to sell that seat to a DL elite or a kettle; the fare difference between a price that results in a purchase by a loyal customer versus the price that is the lowest offered in the market might or might not offset the cost of offering the elite benefits compared to the fees collected from the kettles for the services that DL sells.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
the last time CO raised redemption prices, (I think it was 55k to 60K for USA to Europe) they announced the change MONTHS in advance.
And all their execs were fined and thrown in jail for "signaling" right?!?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
100% Platinum Medallion Bonus 630
Class Paid/Flown : T/V
Aha!!!
Here's the evidence! Right here! "You people" are ruining SkyMiles for everyone else, by flying these ridiculously cheapo fares and sucking up all the benefits!!! Change can't come soon enough!!!

Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: NW, UA
They are floating a trial balloon to gauge reaction. Fairly classic and common thing organizations do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.