Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:07 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm not sure how DM's being able to board with F is diminishing the F boarding benefits.
Because people want to feel like big boys
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:14 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DHSGemini
My eyes are extremely sensitive to light, even on an overcast day I have to wear my sunglasses. It would NEVER occur to me to ask my seat mates to close their window for my benefit. It is to be expected that people should enjoy the view that air travel provides. If my sunglasses are not enough when flying I count on my trusty eye mask . Shame you had to deal with an adult re-living his terrible twos.
Same here. I'm very very sensitive to sunlight and always have sunglasses and eyeshades with me. I don't need to pitch fits about it.

I do think there is an expectation of dark in premium cabins for intercontinental flights where nearly the entire cabin will be trying to sleep. But the crew typically enforces that and I've never had a problem.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Yeah, I see what the poster was saying now. Regardless, getting irritated because someone else bought something without reading all the T&Cs is ... confusing to me.
Because they made a scene about it and disrupted the experience of others. I am allowed to get annoyed when I want; I am not allowed to inflict that on others and I don't.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:11 am
pvn
Suspended

You posted about your annoyance here, inflicting your annoyance on us.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pvn
We came here to have annoyance inflicted upon us.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
Inflict <> shared and if you don't want to read stories about pax doing annoying things, don't read this thread. My annoyance was actually sympathy for another poster who had some DKYWIA paid F pax encounters. Am I the only one that has issues with you in every thread we share?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by bergamini
Inflict <> shared and if you don't want to read stories about pax doing annoying things, don't read this thread. My annoyance was actually sympathy for another poster who had some DKYWIA paid F pax encounters. Am I the only one that has issues with you in every thread we share?
No
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Pretty sure the smiley face indicates that the comment was written in jest.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

I don't disagree
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by pvn
If there were no posts about being annoyed, there would be almost no messages at all on FT.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm at the DTW C club and some loudmouth with a handlebar mustache is very loudly blabbering on about his days as a test pilot. I have earplugs in and I can still hear him.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by matthew64832
Pretty sure the smiley face indicates that the comment was written in jest.
Not just pretty sure (and I know you were being polite to put it that way). It was obviously a joke. Did everyone turn off their sarcasm detectors this morning?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
No
No - seems like pvn makes a concerted effort to be the #1 troll in this forum.
CrazyEddie likes this.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Sep 8, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm at the DTW C club and some loudmouth with a handlebar mustache is very loudly blabbering on about his days as a test pilot. I have earplugs in and I can still hear him.
This is worse when he is sitting at the rail seats, MSP F SC. Somehow the design of the SC just enhanced the "voice projection"

Flight school joke:
Test Pilot: Pilot you can afford to lose.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Not just pretty sure (and I know you were being polite to put it that way). It was obviously a joke. Did everyone turn off their sarcasm detectors this morning?
Search his prior posts and conflicts by going to his profile; you will see a long series of conflicts. It wasn't sarcasm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.