Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:06 am

I am in row three and we land in Atl a little late. Woman in the window in the row ahead so row two and across from me asks the guy in the aisle seat to stand and let her out as she had a tight connection he is on his phone glares and does not move. She literally climbs over him then basically stands on top of him. I can see both sides but common courtesy would say let her out. She looked to be in her late seventies and he was about forty. I too am in a bit of a hurry so I don't let him out but keep going he has made no move to stand and I watched him board and he put three bags in the overhead so I knew it was going to take him time to get up and get his stuff down. Also I sort of feel like people in the aisle at the front of the plane, especially at an airport with tons of connections and a late arriving flight, should either be ready to get off or let others by. The guy in the aisle across also pushed by him. Well he starts yelling at the top of his lungs about courtesy and what else I do not know as I was not stopping to listen.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bergamini
Search his prior posts and conflicts by going to his profile; you will see a long series of conflicts. It wasn't sarcasm.
Then he unintentionally made me laugh.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Not just pretty sure (and I know you were being polite to put it that way). It was obviously a joke. Did everyone turn off their sarcasm detectors this morning?
I don't turn off my sarcasm detector. I burnt out last night when I was speaking to my 10 y/o daughter.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And when the gate agent even said it was the first class cabin, rows 1 to 5 and diamonds. I'm not sure how DM's being able to board with F is diminishing the F boarding benefits. I think it's a nice benefit since I try to get Bulkhead C+ seats if I'm not upgraded and insures I won't have an issue finding bin space if I board with PREM
I think DL should create 250 boarding zones of one passenger each, and sell them for $(251-X) where X is the order of boarding. Like FCM? Wait till you see Boarding Zone Monetization (BZM, a trademark of Anon2k2 Industries).

Oh wait, isn't that what SWA does?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I suspect someone on VA Ave is already working on this... LOL
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Man baby

Currently at PVG T1 MU lounge. Waiting for DL582 to DTW.

Upstairs in the rest area. 30-40 yo male American is rasing a ruckus at the counter. Yelling about how the massage chairs are broken. Apparently they were broken during his visit last month and he is NOT happy. Yelling and arguing loud enough to be heard at both ends of the Upper floor. Apparently he flies MU/DL 5 times a year and expects the massage chairs to be working. Keeps bringing up fact that I'm a FF with MU/DL, and how could they slight him like this.

Finally two of us went downstairs to complain about the gentlemen. Was informed a manager was already enroute. If the gentlemen didn't calm down he would be asked to leave. Upon leaving two guys both tell the guy to act like a grown up. He Didn't take that too well.

Of course i board the very empty (6 on UD and maybe 6 on lower deck D1) PVG-DTW flight and who follows behind. Only six people including me sitting on UD and he had to be one of them. He then complained that the seating layout wasn't what he thought it would be. Thought he was a frequent DL flyer! Also who complains about 1-1 UD seating?

Luckily mister man baby slept rest of flight.

Last edited by flyerCO; Sep 12, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Sorry about half post above. For some reason it cutoff last part of my post. Edited to add rest in.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Good grief! He was complaining about the UD of a 747!? What was he expecting Etihad Residences or AF La Primere!?

People... sheesh!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What configuration was he expecting? Flat beds left to right with aisles along both windows or did he expect FAs to have to leap over sleeping bodies?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:55 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Good grief! He was complaining about the UD of a 747!? What was he expecting Etihad Residences or AF La Primere!?

People... sheesh!
Maybe, 3 FAs for every 2 passengers?!?

steve64 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Maybe, 3 FAs for every 2 passengers?!?

Not just three FAs, but three *alert* *stewardesses*.

Even if DL cannot supply the three alert stewardesses (this somehow reminds me of the twelve days of Christmas), why can't they at least do "steak to order" now rather than the reheated overcooked beef you get now on D1 flights?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Not sure it's a DWKWIA story or just the story of a compassionless jerk but had to share.
Headed to Orlando after Hurricane Irma as my condo still had no power yesterday and grounds were a mess. No hotels in area with availability.
Near MCO and about half the restaurants in the area are open for dinner. Went to Texas Roadhouse.
Man sits next to me at the bar and is kind of a jerk from the get go. Complains to bartender for wait for drink (about 3 minutes). Bartender apologizes and explains there is a limited menu and half the normal staff due to Hurricane Irma. Says restaurant only got power earlier in the day and many (including himself still don't have power). Man proclaims "that's not an excuse for poor service".
Then proceeds to order the salmon and French fries. Who orders salmon at a casual steakhouse chain?
Food takes a while to get there (as did mine). He eats about 2/3 of the meal then calls over the bartender to tell him "this is the worst food and service he has ever had at Texas Roadhouse and I won't be paying for the meal". He gets up and walks out.
Instead of being grateful the place was open serving hot meals (it was my first since Sunday afternoon) he was a classless a-hole.

Was from Massachusetts down in FL helping parents during the storm. I know because he told me.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 13, 2017 at 10:35 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by apodo77
How about a DYKWIA Texas Roadhouse style ( steakhouse chain).
Headed to Orlando after Hurricane Irma as my condo still had no power yesterday after Hurricane Irma and grounds were a mess. No hotels in area with availability.
Near MCO and about half the restaurants in the area are open for dinner.
Man sits next to me at the bar and is kind of a jerk from the get go. Complains to bartender for wait for drink (about 3 minutes). Bartender apologizes and explains there is a limited menu and half the normal staff due to Hurricane Irma. Says restaurant only got power earlier in the day and many (including himself still don't have power). Man proclaims "that's not an excuse for poor service".
Then proceeds to order the salmon and French fries. Who orders salmon at a casual steakhouse chain?
Food takes a while to get there (as did mine). He eats about 2/3 of the meal then calls over the bartender to tell him "this is the worst food and service he has ever had at Texas Roadhouse and I won't be paying for the meal". He gets up and walks out.
Inatead of being grateful the place was open serving hot meals (it was my first since Sunday afternoon) he was a classless a-hole.

Was from Massachusetts down in FL helping parents during the storm. I know because he told me.
Would've arrested the guy at that point. Even if the DA decided not to prosecute, it would've been worth wasting the guys time and money.
hnewman, apodo77, kettle1 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Would've arrested the guy at that point. Even if the DA decided not to prosecute, it would've been worth wasting the guys time and money.
I would have and have followed people out and given them a tongue lashing. I have also paid for people who have done that so the server does not eat it.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by apodo77
A M@sshole, huh? You don't say...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.