Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
There are times I am tempted to start replying to the loudtalker as if I am on the other end !
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1J-raGinQ

(This has gone around the internet for a while...but it is pretty cool...)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
So, I'm sitting in class (yes, I'm a university student). It's an evening class, and as class is about to start, a middle-aged man in a suit bursts through the door, huffing and puffing. He then finds a seat, and unprompted, loudly announces to the class "I JUST got off a flight. I almost wasn't going to make it to class. I paid TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS to be here tonight. I just got in from LAS."

Good for you. I thought it was humorous when the professor remarked "Jeez. I hope it was worth it. I don't think today's class is..."
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: EK Blue MH Enrich Blue 9W JPMiles Blue
DYKWIAN - Do You Know Who I Am Not?

Hello All,

As the title suggests, I would like to try a new tactic against DYKWIA types. This applies to people who hold blue status most of all but is also applicable to Silvers

So here's how it goes.

Should you encounter an DYKWIA type at check-in or at the boarding gate.
If said DYKWIA is beside you, speak to the agent and provide all necessary details (including your Blue FF card) then ask her "Do You Know Who I Am?" and smile. If said agent is able to catch on to what you are doing, mention your status as the most loyal of all loyal customers, a Blue (or equivalent status) FF status. Mention to her that because of your Blue FF you accept and fly within the airlines policies without making a jackass of themselves in a public location and who does not have a inflated sense of self importance. Now sit back and enjoy the misery of said DYKWIA as he tucks tail.

Just an idea...

Regards,

rgp2130.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by rgp2130
Hello All,

As the title suggests, I would like to try a new tactic against DYKWIA types. This applies to people who hold blue status most of all but is also applicable to Silvers
This being a Delta forum, I'm not sure what "Blue" means. (In some cases, I know it's the lowest status.) The general idea seems reasonable.

Though, here, "Kryptonium" should work even better.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Man, where to begin!

I am sure this isn't over yet as we're only two hours into the flight, but I will just bullet point the actions of miss 12A on ATL-SFO Tuesday night feb 4th. Will do now before I forget some of this.

- last to get on plane with two hat boxes, 5 loose "special" hats, and a huge wicker basket as a carry on.

- starts demanding the FA's find room in first class for her hat boxes, that they have to be near her.

- sits down with massive wicker basket, FA says it's too big for under the seat, girl says it's always under the seat. (Remember this for later)

- an FA comes up with a sandwich that the pilot apparently bought for her, explains that she has low blood sugar and that the pilot was a doll for buying said sandwich

- then apologizes to coach cabin with the explanation that she is not used to flying coach

- then says to lady next to her that she has friends in corporate

- begins text messaging with the notification sound on, 10 or so dings a minute

- As we taxi to the runway she stops texting and makes a phone call where she just starts talking about random topics, right before she's told by multiple people to get off the phone, she says "I can't have a job where i work for someone, if I want to take a 6 hour lunch, then I am going to take it!"

- hangs up after being yelled at

- begins texting again. Alerts still on. On the runway now, texting while we take off, texts until loses signal

- lays low for 30 minutes and then takes shows and socks off and wedges feet in the magazine slot.

- decides wicker basket is too huge for under the seat, more or less shoves her way out of the middle seat and places said basket in the middle of the aisle and sits back down

- people ask, what are you doing? She replies? Do you have a problem! It's too big and I've set it out for the flight attendants to take care of

- FA comes after about 30 minutes of seatbelt light on, asks what the basket is doing in the aisle, girl says it's too big, FA says she said that on the ground. And that the girl must put the luggage under her seat. She fumes that it's too big, stands up on her seat, looks around, sees an empty seat behind her, slams the basket down in the seat behind her without saying anything to the people in the row.

That's where we are now. Photos and any more events To come!

-
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by nepaltnf
Man, where to begin!
I look forward to the pics!

Does she look like she's from Berkeley?

Hope your flight is not diverted.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
To rgp2130: on DL, blue is the color/colour of the general member, without status. I assume you are talking about some top-status person?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
Man, where to begin!

- then says to lady next to her that she has friends in corporate
!"
-
I don't know why this particular quote cracks me up, but it does. Please continue with your crackerjack, on-scene reporting!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by relangford
To rgp2130: on DL, blue is the color/colour of the general member, without status. I assume you are talking about some top-status person?
I think blue is the lowest tier (i.e., no status) on BA, not DL.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
On Aegean, Blue is low tier elite which is also *A Silver.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Man, where to begin!...
.....That's where we are now. Photos and any more events To come!

-
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
I look forward to the pics!

Does she look like she's from Berkeley?

Hope your flight is not diverted.
C'mon nepaltnf, don't leave us hanging. I've been waiting since last night to hear more!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
For some, isn't "blue VIP elite" a very super-special tier at some major hotel chains? I think it entitles you to such niceties as coffee makers and alarm clocks.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Finkface
C'mon nepaltnf, don't leave us hanging. I've been waiting since last night to hear more!
Me too! What happened?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
DYKWIA

I was at LGW.

DYKWIA " Young lady this airport is the A**hole of the world
CIA " So sorry Sir, are you just passing through "
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by relangford: To rgp2130: on DL, blue is the color/colour of the general member, without status. I assume you are talking about some top-status person?
I haven't been non-elite in years on DL, but the last general membership card I had was blue (still in my file in case I drop down). Maybe has changed in the time in-between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.