Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Apparently Pre-Check is up and running at LaGarbage...TSA press release is here

By the way, last week when I passed through LAX, the folks at the SC were very excited to tell me that April 24 Pre-Check would be up and running at T5. Not sure how accurate that is, of course...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by atl runner
There are three lines at the South checkpoint. The Pre-Check, an elite line to the left of the pre-check (it's in the middle), and a general one to the right. If you aren't in Pre-Check, then you are directed to one of the other two, depending on your status.
Is the line on the left solely for SkyPriority? Several other DMs and I were directed to the right side Monday around 815am and it was much longer than the left side.

If that's the case and I'm not selected for Pre-Check, I'm gonna head directly to the left.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Apparently Pre-Check is up and running at LaGarbage...TSA press release is here

By the way, last week when I passed through LAX, the folks at the SC were very excited to tell me that April 24 Pre-Check would be up and running at T5. Not sure how accurate that is, of course...
Unfortunately this isn't available at the Marine Air Terminal - TSA agent laughed at me yesterday when I asked, and pointed at the available space where the screening line began, and said there just wasn't enough room to put a separate line. Also, while at the LGA DO in March, I believe the Delta folks we met with said that Pre-Check wasn't going to be available in Terminal C for a few months at least.

Then again, at least that's better than JFK where yet another TSA agent laughed at me last month when I asked when Pre-Check would be coming to T2, and he pointed out how much of a piece of sh*t T2 was, and the available space.

At least I'm keeping the agents amused...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
The pre-check is still a pain for those with knee replacements. Although the Federal Government says my husband is not a risk, TSA says otherwise and he still has to undergo the full pat down. Moral of the story, if you are bionic, don't bother as your path is still faster with a body scanner.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by landeej
Unfortunately this isn't available at the Marine Air Terminal - TSA agent laughed at me yesterday when I asked, and pointed at the available space where the screening line began, and said there just wasn't enough room to put a separate line. Also, while at the LGA DO in March, I believe the Delta folks we met with said that Pre-Check wasn't going to be available in Terminal C for a few months at least.

Then again, at least that's better than JFK where yet another TSA agent laughed at me last month when I asked when Pre-Check would be coming to T2, and he pointed out how much of a piece of sh*t T2 was, and the available space.

At least I'm keeping the agents amused...
Easter weekend I went through LGA headed to MCO and a TSA agent pulled me aside from the SkyPriority line. He gave me a slip and told me this was the TSA PreCheck. Keep your shoes and jacket on and just empty your pockets. Laptop did not need to go in a bin and I just put everything through the machine. There were other SP and medallion members behind me in the SP security line as well, but they were not pulled aside like I was for the TSA PreCheck (this was the day before Easter). There was no one in the TSA Precheck area nor anyone that entered behind me. It was literally my own security checkpoint.

I did not know how I was selected nor where on my BP that said I qualified for it. It took like 2 minutes for me through security and all the other kettles and medallions took long to get through the line (holiday weekend). Then I went around the whole security area to go right to the sky club. 10 minutes later the diamond couple behind me finally entered the empty SC.

It's there in the Delta terminal, you just have to be selected I think. If you want, I can even upload the TSA PreCheck list they gave me.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I flew NRT-MSP a few days ago. Went through customs using GE, picked up my bag (didn't recheck it as I wanted to change flights) but I didn't see a way to bypass TSA security. Flights into NY area were delayed anyway.
You can never bypass TSA security if going back into a secure area after passing through customs and immigration, at best you get accelerated entry, but you still have to go through security.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I thoroughly enjoyed my precheck experience at LGA today. It worked for me even after SDC - and it took all of 30 seconds to walk through. it was amazing. I was dropped off at the curb at 9:38 for a 10:02 flight and was at the gate with 15 minutes to spare
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by FrontRow
Is the line on the left solely for SkyPriority? Several other DMs and I were directed to the right side Monday around 815am and it was much longer than the left side.

If that's the case and I'm not selected for Pre-Check, I'm gonna head directly to the left.
I think (thought) so, but not sure why you wouldn't have been sent there. I've had pretty good luck with Pre-Check (touch wood), so that's my general sense, without being able to stake my life on it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
I thoroughly enjoyed my precheck experience at LGA today. It worked for me even after SDC - and it took all of 30 seconds to walk through. it was amazing. I was dropped off at the curb at 9:38 for a 10:02 flight and was at the gate with 15 minutes to spare
Was this in the "old" Delta terminal or the new one?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by meballard
You can never bypass TSA security if going back into a secure area after passing through customs and immigration, at best you get accelerated entry, but you still have to go through security.
I misspoke and didn't expect to actually bypass security. But I didn't see a separate security line for global entry passengers. I'd like to know if I just missed it or if there is none in MSP.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Was this in the "old" Delta terminal or the new one?
The old - it's the same line as sky priority - you just turn right if selected

i believe they are bringing pre-check to terminal C once the remodel completes in July or so...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
The old - it's the same line as sky priority - you just turn right if selected

i believe they are bringing pre-check to terminal C once the remodel completes in July or so...
How does this work for non-sky priority people (or non-DL people, since TSA's website says precheck is rolled out for both DL and AA at MSP)?

I haven't flown too much the last month, so need to get back up to speed. Last I saw there was a precheck sign at the beginning of the sky priority lane, but the checker who was clearing people for precheck was near the front of the line and well past the DL gatekeeper. My wife will be flying without me as a non-status pax but with global entry, so curious what she needs to do.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by mattsteg
How does this work for non-sky priority people (or non-DL people, since TSA's website says precheck is rolled out for both DL and AA at MSP)?

I haven't flown too much the last month, so need to get back up to speed. Last I saw there was a precheck sign at the beginning of the sky priority lane, but the checker who was clearing people for precheck was near the front of the line and well past the DL gatekeeper. My wife will be flying without me as a non-status pax but with global entry, so curious what she needs to do.
Has she updated her profile on the airline in question with her GE ID number (found on the GOES site) in the "Known Traveler" field (Delta) or "Customs and Border Protection ID" (AA)?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mattsteg
Usually it is sufficient to tell the gatekeeper that you are PreCheck eligible. If they don't play along, your wife can show her GE card.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Has she updated her profile on the airline in question with her GE ID number (found on the GOES site) in the "Known Traveler" field (Delta) or "Customs and Border Protection ID" (AA)?
Yes, everything is entered.

Originally Posted by 14940674
Usually it is sufficient to tell the gatekeeper that you are PreCheck eligible. If they don't play along, your wife can show her GE card.
She applied for GE before the card existed and has not bothered getting it yet. All she has is a CBP sticker on her passport, and the data entered into dl.com. This seems like the way to go, but I'm quite curious how it works out in practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.