Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Sitting in the sky lounge after just going through pre-check. That was awesome! Slickest security experience ever.
Oh, and I don't have a Known Traveler Number that I'm aware of. I just updated my info on my delta account on Friday, and bingo; 2 seconds in security. I have to learn more about this, I hope I get it every time I fly(SLC is home base).
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by mot29
Last night arriving back at DCA I saw a sign indicating that pre-clearance is coming, but didn't take the time to take a picture of the web link.
Anyone know any more about this?
Pre-Check is open at DCA. I will (hopefully) experience it on Friday. FlirtatiousFlyer went through yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed her non-groping, non-nuding experience. I went through in LAS, it was great.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
Pre-Check is open at DCA. I will (hopefully) experience it on Friday. FlirtatiousFlyer went through yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed her non-groping, non-nuding experience. I went through in LAS, it was great.
I don't think I'm flying again (at least not scheduled until early April. Let's hope that having my GE number in my record will qualify me.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
After skimming this thread, it seems that non-DL elites will not be eligible for Precheck at DTW since Precheck is only available at the security line for DL elites?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Sorry, but where is this same thread for ATL?

I have to overnight at ATL coming back from IST next month and want to know how it works at ATL.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: Delta Millionmiler and DM HH Plat Priority Club Plat
Use the Pre Check weekly at MSP and really like it. Was bummed last week when I was not cleared. Only then did I realize that it must be a random check kind of thing and not to expect it each week.

While it may seem small when you list the things you no longer have to do in the pre-screen line, actually not having to do those things really add up.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Xeno

I have to overnight at ATL coming back from IST next month and want to know how it works at ATL.
It's really easy at ATL - easier than MSP. At ATL, there's a big overhead sign saying TSA PreCheck (black background with white letters, as I recall) at the checkpoint closest to SkyPriority checkin. The security line has three lanes - they scan your boarding pass at the entrance to the three lanes and if your pass beeps you get to go through the precheck line.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bioyuki
After skimming this thread, it seems that non-DL elites will not be eligible for Precheck at DTW since Precheck is only available at the security line for DL elites?
The understanding is that PreCheck eligible travelers are always to be admitted to the PreCheck lane, regardless of elite status. The fact that the lane happens to also be an elite lane is irrelevant.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
First time using Precheck at DCA last Thursday - they only started doing it on Tuesday. Worked pretty slick. Why can't security be that easy all the time, like it pretty much is in other countries?

Oh, wait, it's because of all those terrorists the TSA has caught doing things this way.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mnbp
Originally Posted by Xeno

It's really easy at ATL - easier than MSP. At ATL, there's a big overhead sign saying TSA PreCheck (black background with white letters, as I recall) at the checkpoint closest to SkyPriority checkin. The security line has three lanes - they scan your boarding pass at the entrance to the three lanes and if your pass beeps you get to go through the precheck line.
Be aware that they have added queue line before you get to the Pre-check scanner. Everyone goes through this single line (non-elite, elite/FC, and Pre-check) before being split into 3 lines. Pre-check will be the longest line, but goes about 5x as fast as the elite line. On a Monday AM (peak security line time) you should plan for at least 25-30 minutes to get through, though it may not always take that long.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Great Experience at LAS

Was "selected" for TSA Pre-Check for this morning's LAS-ATL... Was through security in literally 45 seconds. I was already in F and had a traveling companion with me that was as well -- took him about 10-15 minutes to get through the F line.

I said "meet me at the gate" and headed off.

Great program experience when I've been "selected" thus far.

^^^
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by mot29:18223673
Last night arriving back at DCA I saw a sign indicating that pre-clearance is coming, but didn't take the time to take a picture of the web link.
Anyone know any more about this?
Went through on Friday morning. Wonderful. Security line to SC in a minute flat.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Great news form the LGA event: PreCheck is opening at LGA (Terminal D) on April 3/4
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by 14940674
1. If he hasn't submitted his PASS-ID with his Secure Flight info, then he won't be able to use PreCheck.

2. You do not have to be invited by Delta. Providing a TT PASS-ID is sufficient to be eligible for PreCheck.
Not true. I've been "selected" for Pre-Check three times now (1 DTW, 2 ATL) and I don't have a TT ID, GE, NX, nor have I ever signed up for any program.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by jzumrick
Does anyone have a problem with the idea that after meeting all requirements of a program one has to be selected. If GE passes are required (though I am sure they are not) one has to pay extra for less scrutiny.Could this program as it grows leads to a big lawsuit against the TSA?
The courts give TSA very wide latitude on this. Better to be hassled than to be on a no-fly list. How would that be? Again, no appeal from that either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.