Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
However, for GE, PASSIDs do not need to be in airline profiles. I breezed through precheck in MIA a couple of weeks ago with GE and an ordinary AA boarding pass without any FF on file with AA (and I'm just a peon in their FF program).
How did AA know you were a GE member? Since it wasn't in your profile, did you enter the PASSID when making the booking?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Can someone clarify what the exact 'opt in' process is? I got the email invite saying to fill in personal details in my account profile, which was already filled in. And have flown through a couple airports where the process is already in place, but nothing, is there a way to confirm you have opted in correctly?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP and LT PL, National Executive Elite
Delta TSA Pre-Check

Went through security in SLA this afternoon, they had a Delta TSA Pre-Check line....so of course not know what it was I got in that line...no one in front of me. The TSO checked me in but said I technically was not signed up for Delta Pre-Check and that's can do it on the Delta web site.....can anyone tell me what this is.

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM Reserve; HHonors Diamond; National Executive Elite
Many topics on this. Google is your friend.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreening.shtm
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:16 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by nabco
Went through security in SLA this afternoon
I seriously doubt the TSA is in Salta, Argentina. Care to try again?

There are several threads about TSA Pre-Check on the DL forum. Here is one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-selected.html
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nabco
The TSO checked me in but said I technically was not signed up for Delta Pre-Check and that's can do it on the Delta web site....
If I'm not mistaken, you can NOT sign up on the Delta web site (though you do have to opt-in). If you qualify as an elite medallion then Delta would have sent you an invitation email.

Otherwise, if you want to participate, you have to sign up for one of the DOS programs that pre-screens you with a background check and face-to-face interview (global entry, nexus, sentri).
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
The key is to ADD your "Known Traveler Number" to your profile under the Secure Flight Passenger Data section. A Known Traveler Number is a US Government issued unique number related to Global Entry, Nexus, or Sentri.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:08 pm

Assume you meant SLC.

And yes, you can "sign up" on the Delta website, but only if you have a known traveller number by virtue of being a Nexus or Global Entry member. You "sign up" on the Delta website by putting said number in your Skymiles profile.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP and LT PL, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fti
I seriously doubt the TSA is in Salta, Argentina. Care to try again?

There are several threads about TSA Pre-Check on the DL forum. Here is one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-selected.html
Sorry..my bad, obviously meant SLC...but WOW quite impressive you knew what SLA was....I'm in awe!!!

Thanks everyone else for the quick response...really appreciate it.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerwma
Assume you meant SLC.

And yes, you can "sign up" on the Delta website, but only if you have a known traveller number by virtue of being a Nexus or Global Entry member. You "sign up" on the Delta website by putting said number in your Skymiles profile.
As a DM, it's quite possible he was pre-selected by Delta and will not need to enter a Known Traveler Number in his profile. If pre-selected, you just need to enter your name, gender and birthdate in your profile and check the box to allow Delta to share it with TSA. The OP should check his email to see if he's received any correspondence from Delta about it.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by LBJ
As a DM, it's quite possible he was pre-selected by Delta and will not need to enter a Known Traveler Number in his profile. If pre-selected, you just need to enter your name, gender and birthdate in your profile and check the box to allow Delta to share it with TSA. The OP should check his email to see if he's received any correspondence from Delta about it.
Thats how I did it as a Plat!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
My only complaint is that I was FO when this was rolled out in ATL and didn't get the email from Delta. Since they don't publish what the "elite" threshold is (GM/PM) I never knew id I qualified when I reached GM. Eventually I just paid for global entry rather than try to figure out the qualifications to have Delta submit my name.

Plus I don't know what happens if you reach that threshold after Pre-check is rolled out at your home airport. Eventually DL or the TSA will really need to define these criteria!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL GE
Instead of normally flying through DTW, I will be flying out of DTW to LAS - as a Silver soon.

It has probably been six months since I had enough time to, but I would go outside for a smoke from center A and walk back in from the garage through Sky Priority. I assume everyone is saying this has been moved right above this line upstairs?

As a Silver, will I even have the opportunity to have my pass "scanned" for clearance into this wonderful program? I had received emails from DL last year to "opt-in" and have updated my profile, checked the box, etc...

Would my wife, non-elite on my PNR have this privilege too?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I've gone through ATL, DTW, and MSP each once since Pre-Check started. I have my Nexus card.

So far I am 0 for 3 on being selected for the Pre-Check line.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Instead of normally flying through DTW, I will be flying out of DTW to LAS - as a Silver soon.

It has probably been six months since I had enough time to, but I would go outside for a smoke from center A and walk back in from the garage through Sky Priority. I assume everyone is saying this has been moved right above this line upstairs?

As a Silver, will I even have the opportunity to have my pass "scanned" for clearance into this wonderful program? I had received emails from DL last year to "opt-in" and have updated my profile, checked the box, etc...

Would my wife, non-elite on my PNR have this privilege too?
Not sure how it would work out of DTW as an FO if you aren't upgraded before going through security or for a non-elite since you wouldn't have access to the Sky Priority security line. At DTW anyway, there isn't a different line for people for the trusted traveller program. That screening machine and x-ray is the far left lane and is off to the side and you go through the sky priority lane to get there so not sure how that works if you don't have access to the Sky Priority security line (and ever since they closed the Sky Priority line downstairs they have been very strict about enforcing the line upstairs)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.