Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:09 pm

Well, I got 3 beeps today at IAD. It looks like the boarding passes are being built with TSA Pre in mind...now, if only the line was open...so tired of taking my shoes off!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Checked BP's for tomorrow for my wife and myself. 3 flights and each of us have 3's for the second and third flights. The first flight, where it would matter, is at JFK where there is no PreCheck. The data format is different as it doesn't show a 0 either.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Was quite happy seeing that DEN will have PreCheck in October. That place needs it. What a zoo and the TSOs are not the happiest folks (there are some airports where the TSOs are actually cheerful).
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
Was quite happy seeing that DEN will have PreCheck in October. That place needs it. What a zoo and the TSOs are not the happiest folks (there are some airports where the TSOs are actually cheerful).
Wow, when did things get so bad in DEN? I used to be able to check a bag 20 minutes before departure, and both me and my bag would make the flight!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Howste
If you want to check, you can print your boarding pass to a PDF file and go to this website to read the barcode: http://online-barcode-reader.inliter...m/default.aspx
If you have a 3 where it's circled, you're cleared for precheck on this trip. If you have a 1, then you aren't.
um, seems like that it'd be easy to write a program that provides you an alternate version of your barcode...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dcline414
Wow, when did things get so bad in DEN? I used to be able to check a bag 20 minutes before departure, and both me and my bag would make the flight!
Things got bad when the Nude-O-Scopes came to Denver.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Things got bad when the Nude-O-Scopes came to Denver.
That's a shame... I was always such a fan of nudity!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by edscholl
um, seems like that it'd be easy to write a program that provides you an alternate version of your barcode...
I don't think it would be a good idea to falsify the barcode. Unless you enjoy cavity searches...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by dcline414
Both my bag and I.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Howste
I don't think it would be a good idea to falsify the barcode. Unless you enjoy cavity searches...
+1

You can see the 3/0 in the cleartext, but there's also some sort of verification hashtag in there as well (I won't pretend to know what that means, but someone smarter than me in another thread verified it on their own). If you fiddle with the cleartext, expect to undergo a VERY thorough security screening.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I almost thought about using SkyPriority line this morning at ATL...PreCheck line was all the way back to the "checkers" while the other (non-Sky and Sky) lines had about 20 people in it....I still went through PreCheck as I didn't want to take everything off...watched the folks in the other lines....I still made it through faster than they did and we must have had about 60+ people in the PreCheck line ^^^
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
After "truing up" my Delta, Amex travel with my Goes I am back in PreCheck. 3 beeps.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
+1

You can see the 3/0 in the cleartext, but there's also some sort of verification hashtag in there as well (I won't pretend to know what that means, but someone smarter than me in another thread verified it on their own). If you fiddle with the cleartext, expect to undergo a VERY thorough security screening.
A hash is an electronic signature. You take all the data and generate a string (a number really) that represents that data. Depending on the algorithm used the signature can be generated and verified by anyone who knows the algorithm, or it can be limited to only someone (or a device) who possesses the matching cryptographic keys.

Which thread was this talked about in?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can't wait for TSA PC to come to SFO.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Can't wait for TSA PC to come to SFO.
Rumor in the UA forum is that it'll happen in mid-November. But only in T2 & T3. Guess we'll see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.