Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Incorrect. I am 50/50 on SEA-OAK... no rhyme or reason, sometimes it does send you to the regular line.
I was sent to the regular line.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
From the Global Entry website, in the information on PreCheck:

At no point, however, is this program an entitlement. Passengers are always subject to random, unpredictable screening measures.

http://www.globalentry.gov/tsa.html
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Eureka!

After batting 1.000 since Pre-Check started with DL, I hit the skids this summer and nothing I tried got me back on track. UNTIL TODAY -- thank you DCA!!

There is a middle name / initial mismatch between my profiles in GE, DL and our corporate travel program. I finally defaulted my Delta profile to the way it appears in GE and voila -- got to keep my shoes on today! It feels good to be back in the saddle again.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: DL: DM; MR: GE, HH: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by FlynGyn
After batting 1.000 since Pre-Check started with DL, I hit the skids this summer and nothing I tried got me back on track. UNTIL TODAY -- thank you DCA!!

There is a middle name / initial mismatch between my profiles in GE, DL and our corporate travel program. I finally defaulted my Delta profile to the way it appears in GE and voila -- got to keep my shoes on today! It feels good to be back in the saddle again.
This is the key. I was batting 0 until I changed it from my middle initial to my full middle name, and I am now 2 for 2.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by esac
This is the key. I was batting 0 until I changed it from my middle initial to my full middle name, and I am now 2 for 2.
Yup - after going oh-for-July, as soon as I added my full middle name (as appears on GE) instead of just my initial, I have been golden (LGA, DCA, DTW, ATL, BOS for me) - probably something like 20/20 in the past 1.5 months.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:37 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
From the Global Entry website, in the information on PreCheck:

At no point, however, is this program an entitlement. Passengers are always subject to random, unpredictable screening measures.

http://www.globalentry.gov/tsa.html
I am 100% until July change and 100% after I fixed.

However, when walking through metal I did get hit with a random search flag.
A quick wipe down and then I was on my way.

Talking with the other folks they are seeing same thing.
If you are not hitting 100% for pre-check line, then something is probably messed up.
But they are ramping up the random searches in pre-check.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Yeah, I got the random hand wipe on Monday at PreCheck.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rthib
But they are ramping up the random searches in pre-check.
And there is the key.

I feel that PreCheck selection is always at 100% (assuming you have the data entered properly) with the caveat that there will be random searches in the PreCheck lane.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
And there is the key.

I feel that PreCheck selection is always at 100% (assuming you have the data entered properly) with the caveat that there will be random searches in the PreCheck lane.
I've been getting PreCheck every time except twice since it started, and I've never changed the data in my profile. One flight had an international connection. The other was domestic, and there is no explanation other than random selection to go through the regular line.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
And there is the key.

I would actually love if this were true and/or the long term goal. The occasional 30 seconds for a hand or bag handle swipe is fine with me if I get to keep the short line, WTMD, and all of my clothes on.

And with that, I anticipate another round of posts with varying selection percentages to account for the fact that many folks do not get PreCheck selection every time.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
Does anyone know if the use of Same Day Confirmed changes the likelihood of a triple beep? I have had a terrible hit rate lately (was ~20/20 originally, but have but 0/10 lately) and am wondering if my SDCs could be affecting the hit rate. My middle name is on my profile and @deltaassist confirmed that everything appears to be setup properly. I've read through the last 12 pages of the thread and have not been able to find an answer.

I missed another flight yesterday by 3 minutes and pre-check definitely would have made the difference...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:19 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by luckee37
Does anyone know if the use of Same Day Confirmed changes the likelihood of a triple beep? I have had a terrible hit rate lately (was ~20/20 originally, but have but 0/10 lately) and am wondering if my SDCs could be affecting the hit rate. My middle name is on my profile and @deltaassist confirmed that everything appears to be setup properly. I've read through the last 12 pages of the thread and have not been able to find an answer.

I missed another flight yesterday by 3 minutes and pre-check definitely would have made the difference...
I am 100% with my SDC
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by luckee37

It does not matter what's in your DL.com profile. What matters is what is actually stored in each reservation.

Check an upcoming reservatin, and click on "Provide TSA Secure Flight Information". As long as your trip is more than 72 hours in advance, you can update and correct this information before it is locked and sent to TSA for PreCheck validation. Double check that your middle name is listed exactly as on your government ID. If you entered a Known Traveler number, then the name must match exactly what GOES reports for your name. Middle initial in TSA Secure Flight, with Middle name on an ID results in a fail TSA PreCheck since July 1 according to many posts here on FT.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:49 am

Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
still batting 100% here....flew from CLT this morning....beep beep beep (put a big smile on my face )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.