Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by rnlevi
Make sure that your information on Delta's website on the profile page is accurate. A box at the bottom of the page should also be checked to allow Delta to store our data and pass it on to TSA for PreCheck.
There's TWO places on Delta's website that you need to update. One is the profile page that rnlevi mentions, and the other is for each PNR. Go into your reservations and look for a link in 3-point font that says something about TSA or secure flight.

Update both sections, and make sure that they match your ID as well as each other. For example, I discovered that my profile said that my name was the correct "ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens", but the TSA data listed on the PNR page said that my name was the quite incorrect "ThrowUpYourLeavyScones".
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by LBJ
Having GE does not guarantee a 100% success rate.
True. As a GM, I'm 100% when traveling alone domestically. 0% internationally or someone else on the PNR.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tkey75
True. As a GM, I'm 100% when traveling alone domestically. 0% internationally or someone else on the PNR.
I've actually been successful with others on my PNR. However, they won't allow your companions to go through with you unless they also pass the Pre-Check scan.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Having GE does not guarantee a 100% success rate. Both invited and GE members of Pre-Check may be randomly rejected at times for Pre-Check access. I got GE after being invited in the program, but have never bothered to enter my number. I have 100% success rate on domestic itineraries.

As far as email notification, it seems that DL only sent out notices of the program to invited members who lived in the Atlanta and Detroit areas back when it was initially rolled out in those airports.
As I recall, the initial invitations to participate in PreCheck went to all PM and DM, regardless of whether the program was yet in their home airports, inviting them to click on a link to opt in. Subsequently all GM, PM, and DM became automatically eligible without needing the invitation or having to take some action to opt in.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
I've actually been successful with others on my PNR. However, they won't allow your companions to go through with you unless they also pass the Pre-Check scan.
I've been 100% successful this year as an FO. Companions on the PNR can go through with you provided they are under 12.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Companions can go through PreCheck with you if they are under the age of 12 and on the same itinerary. I was informed of this when travelling with my family on the same PNR. I received the familiar three beeps and was going to decline to stay with my family. The TSA officer proactively questioned if my children were under the age of 12 and if so they could go through with me. The kids elected to ditch Mom and we did so as my youngest needed to use the restroom post haste. I will say they thought they were hot stuff....too funny!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dcline414
I got the "triple beep" going to CUN last week, but went with my wife in the FC/elite line since they wouldn't grandfather her in.

However, coming back to the US through ATL, the customs agent allowed her to join me in the GE "baggage recheck line" after I cleared global entry and she did not. (The non-GE line was probably 30+ minutes at that point.)
See I got a triple beep two trips ago going international.

I got a single beep this last one. Nothing as different, same route even. TSA agent told me no good when you have an international segment. Told him I got it the time before and he was confused as hell.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Ugh, the one time I actually needed PreCheck I got the dreaded single beep. Flying ATL-PBI last night and had to sprint through the north terminal in an effort to make the flight. Made it up to the podium and BAM...single beep. When I turned the corner and saw a line that would've taken at least 20 minutes, I slunk back to the medallion desk and asked to get the next PBI flight. And of course the new BP gave me the triple beep when scanned! Go figure that a flight booked a month out doesn't qualify yet another one confirmed literally 2 minutes before scanning and I can go through PreCheck.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:42 pm
zld

Programs: AA EP, DL GM
What do you guys do when there are separate Sky Priority and Pre-Check lines? Some airports have just one priority queue with one TSA officer, who then points you to one of two different screening lines depending on the beeps. But other airports (DCA and CVG come to mind) make you choose between the two before getting to the TSA.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Sometimes the lack of triple beep is random, not based on boarding pass but on arrival order.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by zld
What do you guys do when there are separate Sky Priority and Pre-Check lines?
I would go to Pre, and if I didn't get the triple beep, leave to go to SP (if the line was otherwise long enough for that to be worthwhile).
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Ugh, the one time I actually needed PreCheck I got the dreaded single beep. Flying ATL-PBI last night... at least 20 minutes
Yeah... DL's ATL SkyDiluted line was at least 20 - 30 minutes long yesterday at about 4:30pm. PreCheck lane was about seven deep when I went through it; DL really screwed the pooch with SkyPriority / DL AMEX card.

Originally Posted by Deemus7
...a flight booked a month out doesn't qualify yet another one confirmed literally 2 minutes before scanning and I can go through PreCheck.
Did your reservation that was booked a month out contain the exact-matching information, as discussed in another thread, in your DL profile?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sethb
Sometimes the lack of triple beep is random, not based on boarding pass but on arrival order.

The triple beep is triggered by something within the BP barcode. I believe a TSO can still deny someone access to PreCheck screening even if they've received the three beeps, but for the scanner itself, it's literally searching for a character and then audibly/visibly reporting whether or not it's present.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by zld
What do you guys do when there are separate Sky Priority and Pre-Check lines? Some airports have just one priority queue with one TSA officer, who then points you to one of two different screening lines depending on the beeps. But other airports (DCA and CVG come to mind) make you choose between the two before getting to the TSA.
In DCA the two lines end up at the same place. What wasn't clear was whether PreCheck alternates or takes precedence over the SkyPriority lane. The PreCheck lane was much shorter last time I was there, only a single person in front of me.

Might have mentioned this before, can't remember. A recent flight I took was an Alaska flight booked through DL.com. When I checked in it asked for my traveller info. I thought for sure I wouldn't get the triple-beep but I did. Either the 72 hour window is not really that long, or Delta sent my info over.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
I missed the 3 beeps in ATL for the first time in a couple months Tuesday. I was however surprised how many people were in the Pre-Check line, must have been 30 deep, so many I was going down the escalators just about the same time as the lady that was in front of me and did get the 3 beeps, she was liberality about half way down when i got on the escalator...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.