Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, Starwood Platinum for Life, Hilton Diamond, SAMs club member
I was 100% since re-entering middle name. Just launched at CVG (home airport) last week and got the dreaded single beep monday am. So 100% on the road. 0/1 at home.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
Delta TSA Pre-Check

Got PreCheck this morning at LGA and brought my travel companion's luggage through PRE to save time. After bags went through and companion met me airside, got lectured by TSA to never do this again. Oh well
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I had a chance to stop by IAD today, and I found the upcoming PreCheck checkpoint to be quite substantial. The checkpoint is still under construction, but is mostly complete. It is located in the center of the departures level of the Main Terminal, near the Harry's Tap Room. Four baggage screening lines are present, along with three WTMDs, and space for a fourth. There is no AIT in sight. Farther east on that level, between check-in zones 3 and 4, is an information desk about GE and PreCheck. One of the TSOs working at the desk said that the checkpoint would open on 9/25.

We have yet to see how the checkpoint will be staffed and operated, but, from what I have seen today, I must say well done to the TSA and MWAA.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 14940674
I had a chance to stop by IAD today, and I found the upcoming PreCheck checkpoint to be quite substantial. The checkpoint is still under construction, but is mostly complete. It is located in the center of the departures level of the Main Terminal, near the Harry's Tap Room. Four baggage screening lines are present, along with three WTMDs, and space for a fourth. There is no AIT in sight. Farther east on that level, between check-in zones 3 and 4, is an information desk about GE and PreCheck. One of the TSOs working at the desk said that the checkpoint would open on 9/25.

We have yet to see how the checkpoint will be staffed and operated, but, from what I have seen today, I must say well done to the TSA and MWAA.
So it sounds from your description (thanks by the way) that this is completely separate and we would simply go to this checkpoint (similar to the DTW checkpoint all the way to the left but better, I guess).
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
So it sounds from your description (thanks by the way) that this is completely separate and we would simply go to this checkpoint (similar to the DTW checkpoint all the way to the left but better, I guess).
You are correct. This checkpoint is even on a different floor than the main checkpoint.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I was through IAD yesterday and saw the same thing--the PreCheck area will be where the Black Diamond security area was. There is a direct entrance from the baggage claim area, which will be very useful for people coming from hotel/rental car shuttles that aren't checking luggage. And the scanner at the checkpoint I went through beeped 3 times when it scanned by BP as if I was PreCheck approved.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I was through IAD yesterday and saw the same thing--the PreCheck area will be where the Black Diamond security area was. There is a direct entrance from the baggage claim area, which will be very useful for people coming from hotel/rental car shuttles that aren't checking luggage. And the scanner at the checkpoint I went through beeped 3 times when it scanned by BP as if I was PreCheck approved.
This is not true. The PreCheck checkpoint will be on the Departures level, not on Arrivals. There are no plans for using the area once occupied by the Diamond checkpoint.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Got the dreaded single beep this morning at LAX. I am at about 90%...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:50 am

Got precheck yesterday at BOS after same-day confirming to the original flight, so I don't think that SDC matters (I was actually concerned I'd get randomly selected for a full screen having SDC'd and based on the way the very nice screener told me I'd qualified for precheck.) Was a little confused because I've signed up for nexus but have not yet had a chance to go for the interview and I'm only silver on DL. Holdover from when I was gold?

For what it's worth, when I travel with husband (plat) and toddler, at MSP they usually send us all through precheck.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kersie
Got precheck yesterday at BOS after same-day confirming to the original flight, so I don't think that SDC matters (I was actually concerned I'd get randomly selected for a full screen having SDC'd and based on the way the very nice screener told me I'd qualified for precheck.) Was a little confused because I've signed up for nexus but have not yet had a chance to go for the interview and I'm only silver on DL. Holdover from when I was gold?

For what it's worth, when I travel with husband (plat) and toddler, at MSP they usually send us all through precheck.
SDC doesn't matter...I repeatedly get the 3 beeps after I SDC
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Tried precheck for the first time in LAX yesterday and loved it!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Last night I flew out of PHX on a red eye and I got the 3 beeps when I scanned by BP at security. Obviously the beeps meant nothing as PHX doesn't have TSA Pre-Check but I thought it was strange that the beeps are there even when Pre-Check doesn't exist. oh well. I wish I'd get pre-check when I can actually use it. It's only happened once out of LGA so far. *shrug*
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Last night I flew out of PHX on a red eye and I got the 3 beeps when I scanned by BP at security. Obviously the beeps meant nothing as PHX doesn't have TSA Pre-Check but I thought it was strange that the beeps are there even when Pre-Check doesn't exist. oh well. I wish I'd get pre-check when I can actually use it. It's only happened once out of LGA so far. *shrug*
[Bolding Mine]

PHX does have PreCheck, but only for US.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:33 pm

I am about 80% of out ATL.

I flew an award flight to DTW. I got the triple beep on the outgoing in ATL but single beep returning in DTW.

BTW, I flew back from PDX last week and they have precheck but it is in the A-B-C gate security line only. And the D-E line doesnt have a sign until you are all the way to the front. Stupid. (edit: I do see on the TSA site you can see what airports and where in that airport has the precheck. I will use that next time) http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreening.shtm
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Good to know. Though it wasn't in operation yesterday late morning. Airport was pretty slow. Sky Priority security had one person in front of me so it didnt' matter anyway.. Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.