Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just a heads up.

Last international trip I had as a Gold, no precheck pass at Indy (1 beep).

Then this recent one as a new Global Entry w trusted traveler number inserted I got 3 beeps at IND. I have both gotten it and been denied while on Domestic only itineraries.

Point being, international has not mattered for precheck. Thankfully as that is my dominant travel.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by daregale
My 4-year-old goes through the expert traveler lane with me. He carries no computer or liquids, no need to remove a belt or watch or shoes--just toss the backpack of Hot Wheels on to the conveyor and he's good to go. Plus if there's a body scanner we get to bypass it for the regular metal detector. He's efficient.
Same with my 5 y/o - although the last time we went through, he pointed out to me that I did not take off my shoes or belt.

It works well when traveling with wife and kid - I take him and the luggage through pre-check and all wife has is boarding pass and shoes. I tell her to jump the line while everyone is getting their stuff out since all she has is shoes and no one has questioned her.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Today no 3 beeps. Decoded barcode and no 3.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
Delta TSA Pre-Check

6 for 6 on PreCheck since getting Global Entry. An also a GM on a status match challenge, so was only eligible through GE. I absolutely loved skipping the 20 min wait in the elite security line in ATL last night. Got through PRE in 2 mins (which included being checked for a random hand swab).
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:18 pm

About a week ago I flew PDX->LAS booked through Delta but was an Alaska flight. When I went to check in it directed me to Alaska's site and didn't have my GE number saved. I put in my number anyways thinking no way will I get PreCheck inside the 72 hour window. I end up getting PreCheck to my bewilderment. The question is did Delta send my trusted travelor number, or is the 72 hour window not really 72 hours.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Today no 3 beeps. Decoded barcode and no 3.
Confused about? It is supposed to randomly not let all eligible flyers through. "
TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening in order to retain a certain element of randomness to prevent terrorists from gaming the system"
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mfullmer
Confused about? It is supposed to randomly not let all eligible flyers through. "
TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening in order to retain a certain element of randomness to prevent terrorists from gaming the system"
That was more of a sad pity me I didn't get it.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
It is my understanding the people eligible were anyone with GE or Nexus or PM or DM members.

My wife and I are none of the above. We are both GM and have made it 7 of 8 recently.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
It is my understanding the people eligible were anyone with GE or Nexus or PM or DM members.

My wife and I are none of the above. We are both GM and have made it 7 of 8 recently.
You misunderstood. Gold Medallions are eligible without GE or Nexus.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Got my first pre-check today at ORD.

I'm assuming it's because I recently entered my Global Entry # on dl.com.

ORD was deserted this morning, so there was little time advantage, but it was nice not to have to take out the laptop or take off my shoes.

Plus the TSA people were ebullient about doing my first pre-check...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
After getting precheck at LAX today, I was warned by the smurf that sometimes the computer will randomly send me to the regular line. Nothing like raining on my parade.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ADLFO
After getting precheck at LAX today, I was warned by the smurf that sometimes the computer will randomly send me to the regular line. Nothing like raining on my parade.
No, it won't.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
No, it won't.
Source?

This statement contradicts all information about the program and the reports of most FTers. I, myself, was able to use pre-check about 20% of the time until June this year, but have been 100% since. Seems pretty random to me.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by dcline414
Source?

This statement contradicts all information about the program and the reports of most FTers. I, myself, was able to use pre-check about 20% of the time until June this year, but have been 100% since. Seems pretty random to me.
I was at 100% from May, until their system change (full middle name) in JUL, at which point I missed it one time. I updated my profile and have been 100% ever since.

Those are my metrics, based on Global Entry and flying weekly. So figure I missed 1 out of 20, and only because my DL profile information (middle name) did not match what was in Global Entry.

That does not appear random to me. I'm not sure if the DL elite TSA Pre program would net different results.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:55 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
No, it won't.
Incorrect. I am 50/50 on SEA-OAK... no rhyme or reason, sometimes it does send you to the regular line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.