Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At MSP in the dead of winter, wouldn't it be better to deplane and board through the jetways (even if they're not well heated) and stay inside rather than face the elements getting to and from a nice heated waiting Porsche?
Depends on how far need to travel and how long you have to connect. I wouldn't have made my onward flight (last of night) if I had to go inside.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:59 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I've had a few at LAX this year, each from T2 to TBIT. There were 3 Porches parked at T2 on my last trip this past weekend. In August, in D1, we got a special D1 card at the D1 check-in which we were to give to the agent at the T2 bus gate, which got us the Porsche ride to TBIT. Also can happen if you identify yourself as DM as well.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:39 am

"I didn't win the lottery that I didn't buy a ticket for therefore I assume the lottery has been discontinued"
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I've still never gotten a ride, despite being DM most of the time since the program started. My best chance was destroyed by Sandy.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Got a ride in SEA, with 50 min connection from domestic to international (B->S). Alex at SEA is awesome!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I saw the Porsche in operation at SEA midday yesterday, picking up someone on my flight from ATL who had a connection.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Diamond SkyMiles (2MM), Executive (Lifetime NWA) Skyclub, UAL Mileage Plus, IHG Plat Elite
Red eye SMF - ATL arrival into Term A with 65 minute connection from Terminal B. A welcome sign as wife and I deplaned (both Diamond). Thanks for the ride!!!! First one in three years; although I tend to book 90 minute plus connections whenever possible)
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I've had a few at LAX this year, each from T2 to TBIT. There were 3 Porches parked at T2 on my last trip this past weekend. In August, in D1, we got a special D1 card at the D1 check-in which we were to give to the agent at the T2 bus gate, which got us the Porsche ride to TBIT. Also can happen if you identify yourself as DM as well.
This sounds like finally a reason to sue the D1 check in there! Did they say anything while giving you the passes about if it goes to everybody or you were somehow special?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Got my 2nd porsche ride in 10 weeks. Had a delayed arrival from AUS into SLC that saw my 55 minute connection turned into a 27 minutes one.
No running, what a pleasant surprise ^ . Thank you Delta @SLC

First one was at MSP with a 40 minute or so domestic - international connection iirc.

Last edited by Grouchy; Oct 5, 2019 at 8:39 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
2nd one in 2 months also connecting in SEA. Connection wasn’t that tight but let me stop by the nice A SC for a little snack. Nice Delta.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Flying YVR-SEA-PVG today. Got picked up from B7 and brought to S concourse SC. Got to ride the elevator from bag handling area straight up to SC.
puck021 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Flying YVR-SEA-PVG today. Got picked up from B7 and brought to S concourse SC. Got to ride the elevator from bag handling area straight up to SC.
That is cool. Walk into a ground level elevator in the bag area, walk out into the SC.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:54 pm

Oct 12-SLC to JFK traveling with a friend and his wife(he is diamond 3mm) picked up in a Porsche(there were two greeting this flight) and taken to the SC with 3 hours between flights.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM
Last Wednesday on DL3782 (CMH-DTW), two people were picked up in a Porsche. Surprised that two people on a CRJ200 got the Porsche transfer...
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by onebobobo
Last Wednesday on DL3782 (CMH-DTW), two people were picked up in a Porsche. Surprised that two people on a CRJ200 got the Porsche transfer...
I mean it's only fair compensation for being forced to ride in a CR2...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.