Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hhonors DM, SPG Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
^ The same with people putting their feet on furniture in the skyclub (I have seen people put their feet on other chairs or prop them up on the work are cubicle desks there).
Was in EWR skyclub 2 weeks ago and a guy sat down with a beer in each hand, took his shoes off and propped his sock feet on the coffee table in the center of 6 chairs. Spent the entire afternoon going back and forth to the bar double fisting for hours.

Sick.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by aslanlab
Was in EWR skyclub 2 weeks ago and a guy sat down with a beer in each hand, took his shoes off and propped his sock feet on the coffee table in the center of 6 chairs. Spent the entire afternoon going back and forth to the bar double fisting for hours.

Sick.
Did I have my hat on?

JK
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler; NWA Refugee; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobH
when I don't print my boarding pass from home I always ask for a ticket jacket. I know they don't have any, but I ask anyway. If everyone asks maybe they will bring these back. I like them, they are convenient for keeping all my travel paperwork together.

United still has them, Delta should follow suit.
I still have a stash of PMNW ticket jackets, and I'll actually use one when the mood strikes. I'm hoping they will last until I'm forced to surrender my Luddite ways and finally get a pda.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by DaveNC
So I can't bring fast food into FC and I can't look forward to the meal service in FC, or else I'm a Kettle? That's funny.
^
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

If you wear flip flops in FC
Guilty...flip flops and a hoodie.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
If you leave your coffee mug on the urinal in the SC....
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
If you leave your coffee mug on the urinal in the SC....
I haven't seen that, but I have seen empty glasses with ice melting in them before left there and on the sinks. Not sure why people need to bring their drinks into the restroom with them instead of finishing them before they enter.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Filling up an empty water bottle or empty mini bottles with booze from the skyclub self service bar
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by aslanlab

Sick.
There are plenty of people who do the same thing without bothering to take off their shoes; not that this dude's comportment and breeding are a whole lot better.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by mrredskin
if i knew i would be sitting next to OP, i would make sure to eat a sackful of Krystal burgers at 3am that morning after spending 3-4 hours at the Cheetah before my 9am flight - without a shower. you smell what i'm cookin', here?

For some reason, I just got a craving for White Castles.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I love displaying my FO & GM tags!

It comforts me that when my checked bags are inevitably lost, a simple bar-scanner will be able to look-up my FF #, address, etc.

That and my handwriting sucks. No one can read one of those paper tags.

Also, cheerfully admit being busted bringing dinner into FC on a battlefield upgrade at ATL. Mmmm...Chick-Fil-A.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta FO
if...

You make a purchase from the buy-on-board selection of Pringles, M&M's, etc from your first class seat.

double kettle if you use your HOOU coupon and check the box for "one non-perishable snack"

and finally... if you use your airport meal vouchers to buy 2 pounds of gummi bears and 6 diet cokes from the candy store in terminal C ATL for your breakfast.

I'm guilty as charged on all 3 counts! The FA on the CRJ almost had to pink tag my stash of sodas and candy.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:44 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

If you don't tip at the Skyclub

If after 500K miles there are no GAs or SkyClub people that recognize you
If you dont shut off your electronics when asked to do so

If you reach for your phone upon landing and make a call saying "I just landed"

If you have never bought a gogo pass
I hate you ;-)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:10 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I'm guilty of bringing fast food into FC. BBQ from MEM or BNA, Starbucks drinks, and food from airports with good fast food options, for example SEA and PDX, should be acceptable.

Keeping with the intent of the thread, You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if:

1. You can't find the row numbers on A320 and A319 aircraft.
2. You think that Delta Airlines is the correct spelling.
3. You think that the only phone number for Delta is 1-800-221-1212.
4. You don't know what a redcoat is, let alone who is the redcoat at your home airport (smaller stations).
5. You think that Delta is the airline operating your CR2 flight.
6. You are surprised by the size of a CR2.
7. You are surprised by schedule changes even though you booked your flights 6 months out.
8. You are surprised when the college-age kid (or younger) skips by everyone in the general boarding lane and is later seen sitting in FC with PDB in hand.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
8. You are surprised when the college-age kid (or younger) skips by everyone in the general boarding lane and is later seen sitting in FC with PDB in hand.

Haha, I definitely got looks when I got my rare UG on my LUT fare as an FO in college (went to school in a hub city and lived on the other side of the country. Add study abroad trips and I easily racked up 30-35K a year). One man I sat next to in Y on an AMS-MSP leg said that was his longest flight ever and looked stunned as he boarded our MSP-SFO leg and saw me in F with a drink. Best part is, I wasn't 21 yet for several of my flights in F but was constantly offered drinks ... how could I say no?!

And I'm definitely guilty of flashing the FO tag on my backpack in the airport, only because I would get stopped by the GA when trying to use priority check-in/lines that FOs could use. Also, looking forward to the meal in F, but I put that more on being a cheap college student. And I definitely would giddily text family/friends when I found out I got a UG (although when you can get a trans-con flight in F on a $135 o/w LUT fare when you're 19, that's pretty awesome).

Also, you're a kettle medallion if you constantly utilize the free checked-in bag(s) (I still don't know how to pack properly! They didn't start charging for bags until I had status)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.