Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My definition of Kettle is in Post #12.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
You order coffee, orange juice, and a bloody mary during FC meal service on the morning flight from the east to west coast.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:34 pm

Even after achieving your kettle status for multiple consecutive years you still don't understand where and how to put your larger roll-aboard in an overhead been on a MD-88.

Hint: If you're trying to figure out what I mean by the statement above then this applies to you!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
You buy miles to go on a MR on an award ticket.

Bob H
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if…

If you "hang out" with the FAs by the galley

If you watch Morning Joe
My dad is a 5MM and chats with the FAs. I personally find it annoying, but I wouldn't say that makes him a Kettle.

We both watch Morning Joe. Scarborough served in FL CD-1, I live in CD-2. Great guy. Not sure why watching him would be indicative of Kettle status.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
...you have FF or Elite status for more than one year and have never even heard of FT.

...you made a mileage run without even knowing that's what it's called, or that thousands have done it before you, and in far more creative ways than you ever dreamed possible.

Guilty....
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:22 pm

You have last year's Charter Member DM tag on your bag to convince people of your DYKWIA status even though your boarding pass shows you as PM (just saw this).
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
This thread made me laugh out loud!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:18 pm

You still don't understand what a "light tap with your fingernail" means on the AVOD system in the seat back in front of you! This as I feel like I have a woodpecker sitting behind me right now.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I had one of the chatty kettle medallions on my MCO-ATL flight yesterday. I think he broke nearly every rule just to get the cute young FA to pay him a bit of attention. This included going to the lav, just as the boarding door closed, hanging out in the galley, and my favorite-continuing to keep his laptop on-in the forward galley, long after the announcement to turn off electronic devices for landing.

I will say, aside from not enforcing the rules with this DYKWIA, this flight crew (NYC based) was excellent. Refills on PDB, several passes of the snack basket, and very friendly.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status ......

if when you fly another airline other than Delta, you feel compelled to tell the person sitting next to you in coach how you would be in first class if this was a Delta flight, because you have status with them.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I had one of the chatty kettle medallions on my MCO-ATL flight yesterday. I think he broke nearly every rule just to get the cute young FA to pay him a bit of attention. This included going to the lav, just as the boarding door closed, hanging out in the galley, and my favorite-continuing to keep his laptop on-in the forward galley, long after the announcement to turn off electronic devices for landing.

I will say, aside from not enforcing the rules with this DYKWIA, this flight crew (NYC based) was excellent. Refills on PDB, several passes of the snack basket, and very friendly.
I have seen the cute FA you speak of. You can't blame him.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Wow! Have you actually seen that? I'd be speechless!

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
If you hold a conference call on speakerphone/laptop in the middle of the SC. (quiet area at that).
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I have seen the cute FA you speak of. You can't blame him.
This thread is useless without pictures.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: US Airways Zilch, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Some years ago a USAir Flyertalk member had some unobtrusive cockroach lapel pins made up (in response to a comment by a USAir marketing exec.) I see the same opportunity here for someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.