Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by padirescu
You have last year's Charter Member DM tag on your bag to convince people of your DYKWIA status even though your boarding pass shows you as PM (just saw this).
*blush*
Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by MMFlyer
Some years ago a USAir Flyertalk member had some unobtrusive cockroach lapel pins made up (in response to a comment by a USAir marketing exec.) I see the same opportunity here for someone.
Something like this ?...

Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
You might be a kettle if you....

... are awake on the plane, pass gas, then when i notice, you pretend to sleep.

Thanks 2D this am ORD to MSP.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by GoldboxATL
... are awake on the plane, pass gas, then when i notice, you pretend to sleep.

Thanks 2D this am ORD to MSP.
I know it wasn't funny to you, but this cracked me up!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
You might be a kettle if you, like me, have the FT thread on how often FO's get upgraded bookmarked. And who, like me, check the mail for their silver medallion tags every day. And who read these posts primarily so that they, while squarely a kettle, don't come across as one.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

If you look forward to the meal service in FC

If you look forward to using the AVOD system

If you think the MD-XXs are great

If you wear flip flops in FC
I resent all 4 of those comments
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, DL Sky Club
If you smoke a cigarette in the stall of the mens bathroom in the DTW Skyclub like someone did yesterday.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: dl gold, Senator, premier
Originally Posted by SPatrick83
If you keep checking online to see where you stand on the upgrade list and all you see is 1 of 1, 4 of 4, 9 of 10, 14 of 16!!
Maybe I am slow/stupid, but can you actually see the upgrade list online? If so, how long before the flight?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
You may be a Kettle Medallion If you feel the need to ask Delta for a $25 bag refund on your third checked bag because you were upgraded to BE.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
If you are in first class and bring fast food on board then you might be a Kettle with Medallion Status.
OR, you have flown enough to know how bad the food is on Delta 'first' and you bring something way better to eat!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
You might be...

...upon landing, from your window seat you insist on jumping up and forcing your way into the aisle long before the jetway is attached or cabin door opened.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
You may be a Kettle Medallion If you feel the need to ask Delta for a $25 bag refund on your third checked bag because you were upgraded to BE.
You actually saw someone do that???? If it was BE I assume it was an international flight which doesn't qualify for upgrades usually anyway, so the upgrade was a gift right there.

Actually the person may have been a kettle medallion for having three bags checked Most medallions carry on, and the rare time I check it is only one bag and that is due to liquids or I am going someplace where I have a couple formal events to attend and need extra shoes, clothes, etc. I cant imagine every needing three checked bags.

doesn't surprise me someone would ask that though. I was on a trip recently from LGA to DTW where they were selling gate upgrades for $50. I heard a kettle asking a gate agent if he paid the $50 and him or his wife rode in F and the other in Y, if they could claim both bags were checked on the upgraded ticket and get the $50 refund
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
You are if you...

leave your loaded adult DependŽ brand disposable underwear
in the seatback pocket (seat 2B), in an unsealed barf bag, because the F loo instructions remind you to don't flush foreign objects down the toilet.

Incontinence doesn’t have to limit you. Now you too can skip the line to the lavatory on your next upgraded transcon flight. Like the savvy frequent flyers do in coach, order your free Depends sample here:
http://www.depend.com/products/get-samples
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a good one. When you are in the SC watching TV and ask your wife to get you a cookie when you are too lazy to walk a few feet to get one yourself and instead of getting a cooke she picks up the glass platter of them and brinng the entire platter off for hubby to get a cookie and then return it

I just witnessed this a few minutes ago at the LGA SC (the old one right behind security). And the attendant was checking the coke fountain and didn't say a thing lol
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:43 pm

Not me

None of these things apply to me? - I have never had medallion.
Only fly Y once a year ATL-NRT, but always bring food, seat cushion, pillow. Used to take beer and sake before 9/11.
There is nothing I like about Delta but never vent my frustrations on employees nor fellow travelers - but that another thead, not to mention TSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.