Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:16 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by bwhite
Mine got it and once they got the taste of a free UG they were impossible...
Mine were impossible to begin with and now are beyond control. We have a DM, PM, GM & SM and if the SM does not get the upgrade, it is a "why does it always happen to me?"
The tweens are certainly kettles as they have no clue despite their status.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Gold
[Use the seatback in front of you to pull back and catapult the person in front of you forward everytime you get up or return to your seat./QUOTE]

OMG ^ times 10! Major pet peeve!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bwhite
...upon landing, from your window seat you insist on jumping up and forcing your way into the aisle long before the jetway is attached or cabin door opened.
Or conversely, you might be a Kettle if you hold the aisle seat like Custer's last stand because you alone have the omnipotence to determine when your seatmates shall be allowed to start moving, stretching and getting carry-ons organized to make a tight connection.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
You might be a kettle medallion if you believe Delta's ad line of "A Loyalty Program should be Loyal."
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by BeachBum770
You might be a kettle medallion if you believe Delta's ad line of "A Loyalty Program should be Loyal."
Best one yet!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
... 1-800-225-2525 (old NWA number). And when I dialed it a few months ago it still worked.
I accidentally dialed it today (thinking it was AS) and it still worked!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Agreed. I loved ticket jackets and wish we still had them. Something classic about them.
Originally Posted by bstreeter
I still have a stash of PMNW ticket jackets, and I'll actually use one when the mood strikes. ...
I have a collection of about 1800 (of which approx 650 are DL and heritage (WA/PA/NA/NW/RC/SO) dating from my freshman year of college -- which I will not disclose; most of them contain boarding passes and receipts, and I have written the A/C registration written on each of them ... over the past couple years I have separated the back flap to use for the connecting flight, and/or printed BPs from the kiosk when using mobile BPs in order to maintain the physical record

I didn't manage to snag any extra NW folders, but I have probably 100 each of DL and CO
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Actually the person may have been a kettle medallion for having three bags checked Most medallions carry on, and the rare time I check it is only one bag and that is due to liquids or I am going someplace where I have a couple formal events to attend and need extra shoes, clothes, etc. I cant imagine ever needing three checked bags.
My many-million miler boss (I think he's only platinum so far this year, not sure....) quite often travels with his maximum amount of checked bags - for work - we currently have a big project in Africa and he's either bringing over computer equipment for the project or stuff that students
and trainees need or want (I went over in February and someone asked if I could bring her tennis raquet - sorry, no - but I did bring over 3 laptops and 4 cpus....) There are lots of different kinds of business travel^
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by skyvanman
Best one yet!
Thank you, sir.^
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by patriciamartin1954
Or conversely, you might be a Kettle if you hold the aisle seat like Custer's last stand because you alone have the omnipotence to determine when your seatmates shall be allowed to start moving, stretching and getting carry-ons organized to make a tight connection.
Or you're in the window seat and insist on pushing your way past the person in the aisle seat even though there's no room for you there.

It happened to me and I was so shocked that the jerk pushed me aside I didn't say anything. Next time it won't be so pleasant for the pusher.

Here's another one: you're a kettle if you disappear to the back of the plane trying to find overhead bin space and then hold up the rest of boarding trying to make your way back to the front of coach, just to beat the $25 fee.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
This reminded me of this thread...

Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Proud to be Kettle
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
This is the most snobbish thread ever created...wow. Elitist much?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
Or you're in the window seat and insist on pushing your way past the person in the aisle seat even though there's no room for you there.

It happened to me and I was so shocked that the jerk pushed me aside I didn't say anything. Next time it won't be so pleasant for the pusher.
[Use the seatback in front of you to pull back and catapult the person in front of you forward everytime you get up or return to your seat./QUOTE]

There's not much correlation between being a Kettle and a passenger being rude, boorish, ignorant or just plain acting inconsiderate. Like the above poster I push back now. I do so immediately, audibly, forcefully, politely, and impartially, with no regard for the offenders possible status, intentions or intelligence. Don't take it personally, I'm just drawing a line right here, right now.

Anything more will need to be handled by the FA.

Straighten up, don't get yourself banned from flying.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by matthew.smith
If you smoke a cigarette in the stall of the mens bathroom in the DTW Skyclub like someone did yesterday.
Bathroom etiquette is getting much much worse. SC JFK last week 3 guys were on their cell phones while going to the bathroom, #2 that is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.