Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Things I hate about other fliers:

1. Men that don't wear socks on a plane. This isn't your house, it's an airplane. Wear some socks.

2. Pulling on my seat when you get up. I don't care how bad your legs hurts or how fat you are, my seat is my seat. Stop pulling on it. (I HATE THIS THE MOST!)

3. People that bring food onto a plane that smells. Bringing a snack/sandwich is ok, but don't bring the fried chicken/Indian food/etc. that stinks up the cabin. I don't care. If you wanted to eat your own food either (1) schedule for a time that doesn't interfere with your meals or (2) take the bus.

Vent over.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Those gate lice who ask if you are in FC and still bust past you with their family, thus holding up the boarding process because they can't seem to store their bags properly in the OH......
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

...you flew Airtran this week to save $100 as I did
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
If you pull a DYKWIA in J durning PDB on speaker phone just to make sure everyone knows how special you are...

Bonus when 3 pax do it at the same time!!!!!

True story from today. :-(
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Just had to bump this thread - love it -will read it all tonight when I am not at work with a cold adult beverage

Total Miles: 186,560
Gold Medallion® | Sky Priority™ | Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember

Earned: 65,369 35 To Next Milestone: 9,631 25
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
You have FF or Elite status for more than one year and have never even heard of FT.

You made a mileage run without even knowing that's what it's called, or that thousands have done it before you, and in far more creative ways than you ever dreamed possible.

Guilty.... ME TOO!!!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Things I hate about other fliers:

1. Men that don't wear socks on a plane. This isn't your house, it's an airplane. Wear some socks.
Not a fan of anyone sockless, men or women. Sorry, but there's just something icky about bare feet no matter who they belong to.

2. Pulling on my seat when you get up. I don't care how bad your legs hurts or how fat you are, my seat is my seat. Stop pulling on it. (I HATE THIS THE MOST!)
Worst part about this is when you have a window seat and you're trying to get out but your aisle companion says 'don't worry, you can climb over me' without realizing that the only way to do that without literally climbing over him ... is to grab on to the seat in front...

3. People that bring food onto a plane that smells. Bringing a snack/sandwich is ok, but don't bring the fried chicken/Indian food/etc. that stinks up the cabin. I don't care. If you wanted to eat your own food either (1) schedule for a time that doesn't interfere with your meals or (2) take the bus.

Vent over.
Ever considered IROPS? Sometimes last minute food is the only option. (And then the GA comes on board and invites you up to FC...
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Rewards, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Not a fan of anyone sockless, men or women. Sorry, but there's just something icky about bare feet no matter who they belong to.
Clearly not from the South. I wear my Sperry's when travelling and I wouldn't dare wear socks with them. However, I also wouldn't take my shoes off and expose my bare feet.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
How about asking for a woodford mixed with Fresca with a splash of cranapple? I know a lot of people think ordering fresca and vodka is Kettlish and I admit I am guilty of it. Friday DTW/LAS I ordered the one drink in sky magazine for my PDB that was fresca/vodka with a splash of cranapple and the guy beside me said he was going to order a coke and woodford but would take what I was having but substitute woodford for the vodka Looked nasty but he ordered another in the air
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Worst part about this is when you have a window seat and you're trying to get out but your aisle companion says 'don't worry, you can climb over me' without realizing that the only way to do that without literally climbing over him ... is to grab on to the seat in front...
Well, I'd rather hold it than fall down, but I do my very best to use the overhead bin grip vs the seat in front. If I do use the seat in front, I apologize.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>>You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if...

...if you bust your patootie to make it back up to Plat, and then for next Sunday afternoon's MCI-DTW flight there are 5 V seats available today, and then you check ExpertFlyer shows V 0 and you didn't get one of the ding-dang Sunday afternoon MCI-DTW upgrades as a Plat.

Status schmatus. Who am I kidding? I am a kettle.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PepeBorja

you hang by the gate waiting to board last and hoping to score an UG

you wear shorts, tube socks, and sandals in FC

you need a sealt belt extender and bring fast food on board

you bring a Sodoku book into FC

you fall asleep and snore like a hog in FC

you are over 30 and wear t-shirts with "hip" messages in FC

you own 1 rollerbag, it is green, it is old, and looks like hell

you have one of them doughnut pillows on top of your rollerbag

you watch R rated films on your laptop for all to see

you wear a Columbia fleece vest

you bring a half empty bottle of soda on board

you ask for seconds on your FC meal

you think Delta should add more MD-XXs

your upgrade success rate is below 50%

you tip the FAs upon deplaning

and one of my favorites....

You might be a Kettle with Medallion status if you board in FC wearing a wife beater, cargo shorts at half-mast, a cap worn sideways, and boots.
That last one made me laugh.....i can picture it perfectly.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Is there a firm cutoff number for Kettlehood?

I ask because I just re-read the entire thread and I currently score 10, but it could actually be 11. The only way I can make sure about the score is to NEXT time I board my flight last to score an upgrade wearing a Columbia fleece vest and stow my rollerboard sideways (because it is one of those funny-sized planes), while doing Sudoku till we are airborne when I can comfortably open up my fast-food Interstate BBQ and slosh it down with a half-empty bottle of soda (while still looking forward to the FC meal service in order to pick at the salad and eat the cookie) while also buying $25 worth of onboard snacks (to use the free $25 credit from my US Bank card) - - and then finally drop the free EC earbuds into my backpack that proudly displays SM, a GM and PM insignia - - I can drop off to sleep.

Upon arrival I will ask my seatmate if I snored like a hog - - which would put me at a glorious 11.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobH
when I don't print my boarding pass from home I always ask for a ticket jacket. I know they don't have any, but I ask anyway. If everyone asks maybe they will bring these back. I like them, they are convenient for keeping all my travel paperwork together.

United still has them, Delta should follow suit.
Many, many times I have checked-in, then proceeded to the United counter and grabbed one of their tri-fold flyers to use as a ticket sleeve while making the remark "Who says they don't have ticket sleeves anymore?"

20 and Counting,
JBDIABM
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Apparently FO is the new kettle medallion...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.