Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
No offense, y'all, but a lot of these judgements seem quite rude! It isn't particularly nice what you're doing...
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
No offense, y'all, but a lot of these judgements seem quite rude! It isn't particularly nice what you're doing...
Agreed. I'm watching "Morning Joe" right now from the comfort of my couch and wondering if I'm a Kettle. I'm not even at the airport!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by the_bob123
Agreed. I'm watching "Morning Joe" right now from the comfort of my couch and wondering if I'm a Kettle. I'm not even at the airport!
And I look forward to the meal service, even in Economy!:-:
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If you ask for a PBR as your PDB
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT

And calling your significant other immediately after landing is called "courtesy". When the wife says "call me when you land" and I do... well, I'm being a good husband and it takes me about 10 seconds to do. Not a big deal.
A text would surfice. I do this often.

I always find it annoying when 30 people grab their cell phones, on mind you by the end of the runway. I have an IPhone and it does not turn on that quick, so I assume these phones are ALREADY on.... But I digress..

Upon landing, a barage of calls saying "i landed". Can one not wait til they are in the terminal?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
If you hold a conference call on speakerphone/laptop in the middle of the SC. (quiet area at that).
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I grew up in KettleLand, but I am now much more sophisteacated
And I will speak to kettles.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by JoelA
If you ask for a PBR as your PDB
Does a Falstaff or Schlitz Malt Liquor count?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:31 am

If you think you are a HVC at FO...
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by bwhite
If you have ever said "I'll never fly this $#^%*^# airline again!" to a GA...
Oh this is totally kettle. Or tweet the same thing on twitter while pitching their b!tch cause things didn't go totally their way on their semi annual airplane trip.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by BondAir007
Rumor is that DL will offer Kettle Medallion which will be above Diamond status.
Now THAT was funny, I don't care who you are.

This almost made me pee in someone else's luggage while laughing.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Bicostal
OK Vuelos - here's the drill. The GA announces FC boarding. Three people at the head of the SP line board - a throng of 10 people just stand there waiting for Zone 1 to be called. I have seat 1A and it ain't a CRJ200. You want me to wait?
Well, I agree. If my BP says PREM and a throng of people are waiting for their zone (1, 2, etc) and PREM is called to board, then you might perceive me to be kettle as I move past the lice, but I ain't.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by DHG(Th)
Now THAT was funny, I don't care who you are.

This almost made me pee in someone else's luggage while laughing.

I know of many here who are secretly trying to achieve that level.... Look at the shift in opions in the DM hat thread....
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
That sums it up.....

And describes most of my seat mates.

Though I guess I am kettlish at time cause I wear Flip flops in FC. I live in MCO, not BOS!
Well, I according to the "list" I might be kettlish on a few of these, but I ain't saying which.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That would be pretty hard for me to do, since getting offered a PDB is a rare occurance on the flights I am upgraded on or pay to be in F on.
Does it apply if the FA ASKS if you want another PDB? Is it kettlish to say sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.