Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
Better chance of upgrade mdw or ord?

Have to travel in a couple weeks thurs am Atl-chi. Would I have a better chance as PM getting upgrade to mdw or ord?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This post is not about BE and it doesn't seem to be a complaint (yet).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by metdrdg
Have to travel in a couple weeks thurs am Atl-chi. Would I have a better chance as PM getting upgrade to mdw or ord?
This is the post I meant to quote.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
Sorry wrong forum
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Delta's upgradeable fares (M/B/Y) are not in line with competion

I have been taking about two trips a month to Europe and so far all of my international travel has been "awarded" to other carriers due to Delta's fare & upgrade policy. A midweek fare which I can upgrade on UA/LH with my miles or SWU type upgrades will typically match Delta's fare in H class (which is not upgradeable). For my desinations, these fares run typically $2000-$2700. Just this year alone, Delta has missed out of $15000 of my business so far. When bringing this to Delta's attention, their response was... that it had been forwarded to their revenue department for review.... which means that it is now orbiting earth..... Instead of my 250k base miles in 2011, they could have had my business for over 400K last year. Oh well, they must not need it.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Christefan
I have been taking about two trips a month to Europe and so far all of my international travel has been "awarded" to other carriers due to Delta's fare & upgrade policy. A midweek fare which I can upgrade on UA/LH with my miles or SWU type upgrades will typically match Delta's fare in H class (which is not upgradeable). For my desinations, these fares run typically $2000-$2700. Just this year alone, Delta has missed out of $15000 of my business so far. When bringing this to Delta's attention, their response was... that it had been forwarded to their revenue department for review.... which means that it is now orbiting earth..... Instead of my 250k base miles in 2011, they could have had my business for over 400K last year. Oh well, they must not need it.
Correct, they don't need it. They are doing fine charging a premium over the US competition (UA/AA) due to Delta's unquestionably superior premium product (even compared to UA IFC) compared to UA-AA.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Yea, we know they are not. For whatever reason delta seems to think their s**ty 763 business class warrants M fares of 3K plus on US-Europe. Oh well, at least the non-revs enjoy it!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by nwrep2009
Correct, they don't need it. They are doing fine charging a premium over the US competition (UA/AA) due to Delta's unquestionably superior premium product (even compared to UA IFC) compared to UA-AA.
Now that UA/CO has already and LH will as of their 747-8 introduce their new biz class seats (flat beds) their superior premium product is not alone anymore.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Oh well, at least the non-revs enjoy it!

Sad, but true!

Originally Posted by DLATL777
. . . . their s**ty 763 . . . .
I"m not sure, but, if this is the word I think you meant, there's a * missing!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Christefan
Now that UA/CO has already and LH will as of their 747-8 introduce their new biz class seats (flat beds) their superior premium product is not alone anymore.
I would have to see the config. I assume they will be 2-2 upstairs vs. DLs 1-1?

The 1-1 is a huge winner for me.

If they have a section downstairs that is 2-2-2 that would work ok for me (though I would prefer a 1-2-1 config there).

I have purchased 3 TPAC M fares for about $3.2K each (one was higher because I paid to fly in/out of BNA ...). The UA fares were not much different when you added in the co-pay (though in fairness I do not know how to "work" the UA system).

I do question how DL sells these fares TATL. Seams pricey to me (and I fly international on my own dime),.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by nwrep2009
That's really funny. DL's J product hardly commands a premium over AA's. It's been a few years since I flew UA J, but DL's 764s that haven't been updated are pretty much on par with UA's from years ago.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Spiff
That's really funny. DL's J product hardly commands a premium over AA's. It's been a few years since I flew UA J, but DL's 764s that haven't been updated are pretty much on par with UA's from years ago.
There's no such thing as a DL 764 that hasn't been upgraded. The 763s, however…
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
UA fare can still be cheap because if you do the cheapest fare bucket, it could be 700 round trip. Add in the co-pay of 550 each way, the dollar value is well below 2000 round trip plus miles. If you can score 1K and get 6 UA SWU, you can essentially do 3 round trip in Business to EU at 1300-1500 USD each.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I'm with you, OP. For the past 5 months, I've only flown on UA internationally; there's usually no justifiable reason to spend $1K to $2K more on Delta to be able to upgrade. And before others chime in that DL's J cabin is superior, it depends on equipment. Here's my widebody ranking for anyone who cares; YMMV:

DL777 > UA763 > UA747 > DL764 = DL763(new)* > UA777(new) > DL747 = DL330 > UA762/4* > DL763(old) = UA777(old).
*Speculation since I haven't flown them.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you really want to be upset, try looking at the >4k cost for an M fare for TPAC out of SFO or PDX and then realize that they are flying the old crappy 763. Sorry DL, no way is your old uncomfortable "BE-Lite" product worth 4.5k for SFO-NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.