Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Scam - F Class is NOT F Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Exclamation Strange Behavior

I thought I was losing my mind back in December, but now I know I'm not. When this all happened, I could have sworn that the 50% MQM fare class bonus had posted, then disappeared.

So, when Mrs. tgtg and I flew our flights on 4-Jan-10, I looked up on the 6th and saw the 50% MQM has indeed posted.

I then looked again today and they were gone! It seems the system does post them correctly initially, then something takes them away!!!

This has been documented with screen shots and forwarded to Kevin Pinto to look into it.

-=tg=-
Old Jan 24, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Had a recent flight IROPS @ the airport and was switched from a T class to an M class (lazy agent to get me onto a new flight).

I received 150% MQM's for the M fare segment(s) that were originally in paid U.

However, this was on DL stock.

~ 3 months ago I was changed from upgraded NW first (R?) to P because of IROPS/SDC. Again I received 150%.
I have had flights where I was rerouted and not only did they not give me my class of service bonus as indicated, but it was a total mish-mash what they did throughout the whole routing of my trip, including some where I should have gotten class of service bonuses but didn't, some where I should NOT have gotten class of service bonuses, but did, some where I should have gotten mileage, but they did not even recognize me as flying at all, and did not have me in the system, and wanted me to prove that I was even there, and some why they accused me of doing something wrong because some counter agent decided to rebook my itinerary from DL ticket stock [006] to NW ticket stock [012] or vice versa, or switch me from a DL metal flight to a NW metal flight or vice versa, and the SMS agent's attitude was that since it was done incorrectly, it was my problem, not their problem! Oh yeah, like I am supposed to know enough at the time the rebooking is going on that they are doing something wrong, and even if I did know, the counter agent is not going to listen to me anyway!

This sort of thing has happened to me more than once, but most recently and most egregiously it happened to me in November on a FLL-JFK-BOS-SAN-FLL (actual stay overs for me) trip that also involved plane changes in JFK (going in the other direction), ATL, and DTW (coming home), when I needed the trip to get over my PM threshold. I was rerouted between BOS & SAN because there was an earlier connection available day of travel, and I was entitled to it per the 3 hour same day change rule, so I took it. I had originally been scheduled through MSP on NW metal (DL codeshare), but running me through ATL on DL metal got me to SAN more than 3 hours earlier. For some mysterious reason, the counter agent rebooked me and issued a PAPER ticket and instead of electronic ticket with boarding passes, and lo and behold, I was somehow no longer in their systems after the flights actually departed! What this meant was that there was no mainframe record that I was actually on the flights! Since I was upgraded, they took my paper ticket and issued me one of those tiny slips, which only shows the seat number, and I had NOTHING to prove I was there at all! This caused me all sorts of problems on my return, which was a DL code share on AA, because the counter agent who did the change evidently wiped out part of that record too, but we won't even get into those problems now! Back to the mileage credit part of the story, which is what this thread is all about! So, not only did I not get my 1.5 mileage credit, I got NO CREDIT! However, they found a record of my flight from ATL-SAN, and gave me X class upgrade credit for 1.5 mileage there, and I also got 1.5 V class credit for FLL-JFK two days earlier, even though I should not have gotten 1.5, just 1.0. So, I needed the mileage at 1.5 from BOS-ATL, but they were claiming that I was not on the plane, and maybe I took either private or another carrier to get from BOS to ATL, I KID YOU NOT! Finally, after speaking with two different managers, and three days later, I got the credit, but only at 1.0, not enough to make me PM. It turned out that I had two more trips left for the year, so I made it to PM, with 2,700 miles to spare, but I still got gypped and the time on the phone complaining should not have been necessary.

All in all, it was a big fiasco, and certainly it was a total SNAFU! I know, I could write to Kevin Pinto, and it could probably be fixed up, but I only wrote the abridged version of events here, the complete version is only slightly shorter than WAR & PEACE!! No one should have to go through this sort of bollix just to be able to fly and get FF mileage credit that they bought and paid for! What stress! What a waste of time! What a waste of money and energy on my part, and on the part of DL too!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
I have had flights where I was rerouted and not only did they not give me my class of service bonus as indicated, but it was a total mish-mash what they did throughout the whole routing of my trip, including some where I should have gotten class of service bonuses but didn't, some where I should NOT have gotten class of service bonuses, but did, some where I should have gotten mileage, but they did not even recognize me as flying at all, and did not have me in the system, and wanted me to prove that I was even there, and some why they accused me of doing something wrong because some counter agent decided to rebook my itinerary from DL ticket stock [006] to NW ticket stock [012] or vice versa, or switch me from a DL metal flight to a NW metal flight or vice versa, and the SMS agent's attitude was that since it was done incorrectly, it was my problem, not their problem! Oh yeah, like I am supposed to know enough at the time the rebooking is going on that they are doing something wrong, and even if I did know, the counter agent is not going to listen to me anyway!

This sort of thing has happened to me more than once, but most recently and most egregiously it happened to me in November on a FLL-JFK-BOS-SAN-FLL (actual stay overs for me) trip that also involved plane changes in JFK (going in the other direction), ATL, and DTW (coming home), when I needed the trip to get over my PM threshold. I was rerouted between BOS & SAN because there was an earlier connection available day of travel, and I was entitled to it per the 3 hour same day change rule, so I took it. I had originally been scheduled through MSP on NW metal (DL codeshare), but running me through ATL on DL metal got me to SAN more than 3 hours earlier. For some mysterious reason, the counter agent rebooked me and issued a PAPER ticket and instead of electronic ticket with boarding passes, and lo and behold, I was somehow no longer in their systems after the flights actually departed! What this meant was that there was no mainframe record that I was actually on the flights! Since I was upgraded, they took my paper ticket and issued me one of those tiny slips, which only shows the seat number, and I had NOTHING to prove I was there at all! This caused me all sorts of problems on my return, which was a DL code share on AA, because the counter agent who did the change evidently wiped out part of that record too, but we won't even get into those problems now! Back to the mileage credit part of the story, which is what this thread is all about! So, not only did I not get my 1.5 mileage credit, I got NO CREDIT! However, they found a record of my flight from ATL-SAN, and gave me X class upgrade credit for 1.5 mileage there, and I also got 1.5 V class credit for FLL-JFK two days earlier, even though I should not have gotten 1.5, just 1.0. So, I needed the mileage at 1.5 from BOS-ATL, but they were claiming that I was not on the plane, and maybe I took either private or another carrier to get from BOS to ATL, I KID YOU NOT! Finally, after speaking with two different managers, and three days later, I got the credit, but only at 1.0, not enough to make me PM. It turned out that I had two more trips left for the year, so I made it to PM, with 2,700 miles to spare, but I still got gypped and the time on the phone complaining should not have been necessary.

All in all, it was a big fiasco, and certainly it was a total SNAFU! I know, I could write to Kevin Pinto, and it could probably be fixed up, but I only wrote the abridged version of events here, the complete version is only slightly shorter than WAR & PEACE!! No one should have to go through this sort of bollix just to be able to fly and get FF mileage credit that they bought and paid for! What stress! What a waste of time! What a waste of money and energy on my part, and on the part of DL too!

Ok, this was far too long if you want assistance, PERIOD. State your issues simply & clearly (like below):

I flew XXX-YYY-ZZZ but did not receive credit on the following flights.
I was originally booked in "XYZ" class of service

Thank You for your assistance.

The LESS information you provide, the better.

Finally, being changed to F/A/Y/B/M on an SDC does NOT entitle you to the class of service multiplier. If you get it, be happy. If not, you got what you paid for!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
UHHHHHH, I was not asking for assistance, I did not state that I wanted anyone to chime in with suggestions about what to do about this or that anywhere in my message, did I? I was simply telling the FT audience about a situation which was akin to what is being discussed herein, so that they can know that what is being discussed is not entirely rare.

I was entitled to a class of service multiplier because I booked and paid for a class of service that entitled me to that multiplier in those instances. In other instances, I got it when I was not entitled to it. I was simply pointing out that there are times when people are supposed to get it but do not, and times when they are not supposed to get it, but do, and still other times when Delta personnel screw up a rez so badly that it is almost impossible to find the ticket record at all to get basic mileage credit for a flight.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm Reason: Removed unnecessary content.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:55 am

UHHHHHH, I was not asking for assistance, I did not state that I wanted anyone to chime in with suggestions about what to do about this or that anywhere in my message, did I? I was simply telling the FT audience about a situation which was akin to what is being discussed herein, so that they can know that what is being discussed is not entirely rare.

I was entitled to a class of service multiplier because I booked and paid for a class of service that entitled me to that multiplier in those instances. In other instances, I got it when I was not entitled to it. I was simply pointing out that there are times when people are supposed to get it but do not, and times when they are not supposed to get it, but do, and still other times when Delta personnel screw up a rez so badly that it is almost impossible to find the ticket record at all to get basic mileage credit for a flight.
So I'm a bit confused... the post you wrote was long & convoluted. I don't think that many/any of us could make a discernible point out of it. If you weren't looking for anyone to comment on your post, then what was the point of it? The general assumption here is that if you post, others would/should want to respond to it as part of a discussion as this is a discussion board not a lecture board.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 25, 2010 at 12:17 pm Reason: Removed quote containing now-deleted content.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:45 pm

I never said that I wanted assistance/suggestions, you did. I also never said that I did not want comments, you did. I am sorry that you found my posting to be too long and/or convoluted for your taste. However, you are also the only one complaining. The purpose of my post was to tell a story of a similar circumstance that DL screwed up, to let the community know that the OP's experience was far from an isolated incident. Nothing more, nothing less. I was not asking anyone about "what should I do," or "who should I call," and you will not find either of those questions anywhere in my post. The problem with the DL flights, resched, and credit was long and drawn out, it was not simple, and I described it as simply as I could. In reality it was much more complicated than I described. Do you have a problem with me telling the FT community about the problems I had with DL screwing things up on a directly correlated matter to this thread when I do not ask for help specifically, or am I breaking some rule? Hopefully someone who has been reading this thread found my posting to be informative, but if not, then so be it, but most of those people decided it best to keep any comments about that post not being informative to themselves. To those people, I apologize to anyone who feels I droned on unnecessarily.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:52 pm

I never said that I wanted assistance/suggestions, you did. I also never said that I did not want comments, you did. I am sorry that you found my posting to be too long and/or convoluted for your taste. However, you are also the only one complaining. The purpose of my post was to tell a story of a similar circumstance that DL screwed up, to let the community know that the OP's experience was far from an isolated incident. Nothing more, nothing less. I was not asking anyone about "what should I do," or "who should I call," and you will not find either of those questions anywhere in my post. The problem with the DL flights, resched, and credit was long and drawn out, it was not simple, and I described it as simply as I could. In reality it was much more complicated than I described. Do you have a problem with me telling the FT community about the problems I had with DL screwing things up on a directly correlated matter to this thread when I do not ask for help specifically, or am I breaking some rule? Hopefully someone who has been reading this thread found my posting to be informative, but if not, then so be it, but most of those people decided it best to keep any comments about that post not being informative to themselves. To those people, I apologize to anyone who feels I droned on unnecessarily.
I guess I have a hard time understanding 245+ word paragraphs and a complete lack of paragraphs. Or maybe it's the lack of sleep from getting home at 2:30 last night because of ATL weather.

It could also be because your post provided some of the most convoluted prose I've read on here in a long time and didn't really make coherent sense. The assumption, which I would fathom based on your curt responses was incorrect, was that you were asking for assistance and sharing that nothing ever seems to go right for you.

Sorry if you were offended by someone else providing guidance on what they believed to be a question on your part. I guess that courtesy is something that really is lacking here these days.

is probably the best response to your diatribes.

Oh but wait, were you booked into paid F/A on these flights? I guess that would have been helpful to know since this was the original point of the thread.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham
I guess I have a hard time understanding 245+ word paragraphs and a complete lack of paragraphs. Or maybe it's the lack of sleep from getting home at 2:30 last night because of ATL weather.

It could also be because your post provided some of the most convoluted prose I've read on here in a long time and didn't really make coherent sense. The assumption, which I would fathom based on your curt responses was incorrect, was that you were asking for assistance and sharing that nothing ever seems to go right for you.

Sorry if you were offended by someone else providing guidance on what they believed to be a question on your part. I guess that courtesy is something that really is lacking here these days.

is probably the best response to your diatribes.

Oh but wait, were you booked into paid F/A on these flights? I guess that would have been helpful to know since this was the original point of the thread.
I am going to end this with you right here and now.

Yes, as you said, it was late, and as much as you were tired when reading it, I was tired when writing it, and if I was not, I could well have remembered to divide it up into more readable paragraphs, and I'm sorry that I did not, my apologies.

I was not writing prose for literary criticism, I was writing a narrative of events.

Again, you are the only one complaining or making any sort of a comment to say that what I wrote did not make sense, and I also notice that no one is agreeing with you in any way thus far, so I will just leave it at that.

Questions usually have question marks at the end of them, mine had none, sorry that you inferred a "?" where none existed.

My posting was no more of a diatribe than was the posting of the OP, wherein we were both criticizing Delta, but not any particular person specifically.

di⋅a⋅tribe
  /ˈdaɪəˌtraɪb/
noun
a bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism

The original point of the thread was someone not getting credit for F specifically, but also generally Delta screwing up flight credits overall, and not getting class of service right either, including someone booking and paying for higher class of service and getting credit for lower class of service.

Once more, this is my last word on this right here and now, I will respond no more to you on this issue. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.