Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BHB
That is the worst of all worlds. Here's hoping and praying that they keep the elite security line.
Doubtful. Keep in mind that they've done away with the "elite" security line in A. You're now just shoved into the regular queues, no matter how First Class your boarding pass is, or how Diamond'ed up you are!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
DL has been reporting this 80% design complete status for nearly a month now... so there appears to have been no progress in that respect over that period.
If I recall from the response I received, the 80% is now in the hands of the City of Philadelphia to approve.

Don't hold your breath on that 20%.

This has been my greatest fear... lack of access to the capable assistance from the SkyClub staff. Their help during IRROPs has been invaluable.

The new club, and the return of the kind, capable staff, cannot come soon enough.

Unfortunately, the hint of having a new club available by "in the spring" may prove to be a pipe dream. Although, since spring of what year is not specified, I guess DL cannot be proven wrong.
I agree. Sadly, I've on occasion encountered ticket counter staff who were overwhelmed and therefore could not really provide the assistance I needed.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:44 pm

Another thought... in moving from A to D, the SkyClub will be moving back inside the Phila city limits.

Hopefully, there will be no hassle with getting liquor licenses... not like at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-club.html

The old, old Crown Room in E was in the city, so hopefully there will be no problems.
I don't really drink, so I'm not really very well-versed on Pennsylvania's incredibly moronic liquor laws, but I thought the liquor licenses were issued by the state, and that there was a fixed number of licenses that can't change? If that's the case, I would have thought that Delta kept their old Liquor license from the old CRC to run the "new" CRC, and will hang onto it until the "newest" CRC is built.

Also, since Delta doesn't SELL liquor in the CRC, do they even NEED a liquor license in PA? As long as they don't serve to minors?

I'll be happy if I can just find a Coke Zero someplace in the CRC or the US Airways Club.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
FYI - the US Air access is members only - no entry for ST Elite+ on intl itens or use of day passes, etc. per an email I got from SC.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:32 pm

BUMP

Received an email today from Delta... nothing that was not reported previously except its on the official email stationary. I've been told the gates will be in D but no indication of that in the email, so I will see what is assigned on my flight. D&E share security, easy enough to turn right or left and of course D would be better because its on the way to the USAir club

Delta and Northwest customers will check in from PHL's Terminal E beginning January 19th.

Dear Mr. ross123,

We're making some changes at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).

Delta and Northwest Airlines® have merged, and beginning January 19th, all Delta and Northwest flights will check in at Terminal E. In addition, Delta signage will replace Northwest signage throughout the airport. Look for Delta blue and red at former Northwest check-in and ticketing locations, gates and baggage claim areas.

Due to this transition, the Delta Sky Club™ in Terminal A East will close on January 19th. However, Delta Sky Club members carrying a current membership card and photo ID may access US Airways Clubs until our new location opens this spring. The US Airways Clubs are located between Concourses B and C, and on Concourse F.*

Rest assured — our new signage and airport staff will ensure you get where you need to go.

Thanks for choosing Delta!

*Please note that complimentary alcoholic beverages are not provided in US Airways Clubs.

Last edited by ross123; Jan 14, 2010 at 4:40 pm Reason: forgot the important bit...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Yep, got this email too.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:47 pm

For what it's worth, beer and wine are complimentary in the US club:

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/trav...mberships.html
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by haveric
For what it's worth, beer and wine are complimentary in the US club:

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/trav...mberships.html
It says "*Please note that complimentary alcoholic beverages are not provided in US Airways Clubs." ... so I guess its just liquor you have to pay for.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

its the first time I saw this in print

Starting Tuesday, Delta Air Lines Inc. flights and former Northwest Airlines flights at Philadelphia International Airport will check in at Terminal E. Delta, which merged with Northwest in 2008, said in an e-mail message that its blue and red signage would replace Northwest signage at airport check-in and ticketing locations, gates, and baggage-claim areas. The Delta Sky Club for frequent fliers, now in Terminal A-East, will close Tuesday. The airline said fliers with a current membership card and photo ID may use US Airways Clubs, between Concourses B and C and on Concourse F, until Delta opens a new club in the spring............................. story (page down)

MisterNice
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Starting Tuesday, Delta Air Lines Inc. flights and former Northwest Airlines flights at Philadelphia International Airport will check in at Terminal E. Delta, which merged with Northwest in 2008, said in an e-mail message that its blue and red signage would replace Northwest signage at airport check-in and ticketing locations, gates, and baggage-claim areas. The Delta Sky Club for frequent fliers, now in Terminal A-East, will close Tuesday. The airline said fliers with a current membership card and photo ID may use US Airways Clubs, between Concourses B and C and on Concourse F, until Delta opens a new club in the spring............................. story (page down)

MisterNice
The good news is we won't have to go from the E concourse to the A, to use a club ..... the bad news speaks for itself. <lol>

Bob H
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Small update that many may have assumed - Plats and BE flyers coming off the intl flights will be able to use the US club as well.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
As a SkyClub member do you think you could access US Clubs today (Friday) or will we have to wait until after the SkyClub closes?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by uva185
As a SkyClub member do you think you could access US Clubs today (Friday) or will we have to wait until after the SkyClub closes?
I don't think its all USAir clubs, only Philadelphia -- or at least that is my assumption (however the quoted article is vague). But of course the worse they can say if you walk up to the desk is no....

The USAir club in Philadelphia is pretty large, covering the distance between B and C on the floor above the departure gates (over the food court and shopping area). Its a nice club as I remember from years ago. Hopefully they've kept it maintained.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by ross123
I don't think its all USAir clubs, only Philadelphia -- or at least that is my assumption (however the quoted article is vague). But of course the worse they can say if you walk up to the desk is no....

The USAir club in Philadelphia is pretty large, covering the distance between B and C on the floor above the departure gates (over the food court and shopping area). Its a nice club as I remember from years ago. Hopefully they've kept it maintained.
Oh yeah, I assumed it was only PHL clubs. I am flying through PHL quite a bit over the next few months (including tonight) and would prefer to visit the US Clubs.

This is actually quite nice as I can put off buying the US Club membership for a few months!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The GA just made an announcement at E4 prior to boarding the 6:45 MEM flight regarding terminal changes. She said that effective tomorrow, 19 Jan, all flights will be moved to D. The ticket counter will stay in E.

Sitting here waiting for the 5:50AM flight to DTW to depart which is now scheduled to leave at 7:40AM due to crew rest. Of course, I was scheduled on the 6:15pm flight last night that was delayed and would have caused me to miss the last flight of the night to FNT. As it stands now, I will miss the 9:05AM FNT flight, and will hopefully make the 10:25 AM. If not, the next flight isn't until 3:25pm, which will get me to FNT about 18 hours after me original schedule. Grrrrrr....my wallet is not going to be happy missing all of this work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.