Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL terminal move at PHL and new Sky Club as a result [Now Open]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Good.

Now all we have to do is solve the problem of having a lounge to go to after getting thru security.
I think its time we start urging DL to find a backbone and play hardball for once - refuse to move until the club is ready. I know its a bit of a fantasy but this move does seem rather ridiculous in itself doesn't it?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:57 pm

Well there is an elite line when the agents feel like having it open. I tried to go through once and they told me it was closed. The other security lines were rather short and I wasn't in a hurry so I just went on my merry way to the regular line.

As one noted, you will have DL/NW, CO, UA, FL elites all in this line.

The club is rumored to be ready by Spring, but it appears most of the gate areas are ready now so it is anyone's guess when they move. The new aircraft markings were already painted back in October and they were working on one of the gate areas (appeared to be the regional jet gate) so not having the club ready very well may be what is hold up the move.

If memory serves me right it took AA/TW a little while to consolidate ops in PHL. Granted it was just TW moving in with AA at A and not moving to a 3rd location.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Wasn't Delta's move into Terminal A-East pretty recent as well?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:12 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
[QUOTE=KenfromDE;12935652]
Yes. As you start to enter security and have the choice to go right or left, the TSA agent will open the belt and let elites go straight ahead. Have never yet needed to test this.
I have used this when accessing NW flights and it works very well.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:01 pm

Latest date info on move to D is 1/15 according to a gate agent.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Latest date info on move to D is 1/15 according to a gate agent.
Heard the same thing today.

Also heard:

"USAir is pushing us out of the A club."

"Southwest won't let us back into the vacant NWA club in E."

"Philadelphia city government is not cooperating."

Worst news... expect 4 to 6 months without a club in PHL.

Come on DL... man up and take care of your Sky Club members!

Biggest airline in the world... and you're letting everyone push you around?

What a bunch of wimps!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curious about something here. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they didn't think DL would go very long without a club at PHL especially if PHL got a DL international flight.

DL currently has an international flight from PIT to CDG and there is no SC at PIT, is there.? How is DL accommodating elite flyers on that PIT-CDG flight.? Can the same kind of thing be done for PHL.?

Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chicagorich
Curious about something here. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they didn't think DL would go very long without a club at PHL especially if PHL got a DL international flight.

DL currently has an international flight from PIT to CDG and there is no SC at PIT, is there.? How is DL accommodating elite flyers on that PIT-CDG flight.? Can the same kind of thing be done for PHL.?
DL flyes PHI to CDG right now.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chicagorich

DL already has a PHL flight to CDG.

DL is (allegedly) in conversation with USAir about an arrangement to allow SkyClub members into the USAir club in the interim.

One concern would be if USAir plays it tough and DL caves to the point of only seeking to get the business class international PAX into the club.

Another concern would be whether there would be DL employees and DL computers in the USAir club to help with flight changes, SDCs, IRROPs situations, etc.

Loss of such services for 4 to 6 months (or longer) is one of the greatest inconveniences/service losses that will come from this FUBAR situation.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)

DL is (allegedly) in conversation with USAir about an arrangement to allow SkyClub members into the USAir club in the interim.

One concern would be if USAir plays it tough and DL caves to the point of only seeking to get the business class international PAX into the club.

Another concern would be whether there would be DL employees and DL computers in the USAir club to help with flight changes, SDCs, IRROPs situations, etc.

Loss of such services for 4 to 6 months (or longer) is one of the greatest inconveniences/service losses that will come from this FUBAR situation.
NW and CO used to have a joint club at ORD with one check in desk per airline ... worked fine.

The Delta SC is so far from the present NW gates there that it might as well not exist.

Bob H.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:48 am

I am surprised they are seeking an arrangment with US. Assuming the flight will leave from D, the US club isn't remotely close to the gate area. It is a good 15 minute walk probably (at a normal pace).

To be honest there is really no room at E for DL/NW. WN and FL have taken over and WN will be moving their D operations over in 6 months or so.

After US just dropped several TA routes, most were summer seasonal routes, there really shouldn't be a dire need to get DL out of A immediately. As long as DL does not mind keeping the DL and NW operations separate they should demand to stay put until the club is finished. (I believe the city is taking it's time on the club). 3-6 months for a medium size club size at best sounds like a city job.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobH
The Delta SC is so far from the present NW gates there that it might as well not exist.

Bob H.
It's a 15 minute walk (max) for me from DL SC to NWA E gates... with a bad hip.

Originally Posted by nova08
... Assuming the flight will leave from D, the US club isn't remotely close to the gate area. It is a good 15 minute walk probably (at a normal pace).
USAir club is between B & C. New DL gates will be in D. See response above.

I can't imagine a fit person taking 15 minutes from B/C to D.

It's not the solution I would prefer, but it's a workable solution.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Heard the same thing today.

Come on DL... man up and take care of your Sky Club members!

Biggest airline in the world... and you're letting everyone push you around?

What a bunch of wimps!
Please read my signature line - get those emails going. If we don't make our voices heard there is no chance this situation is going to get any better.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:02 am

It's a 15 minute walk (max) for me from DL SC to NWA E gates... with a bad hip.

USAir club is between B & C. New DL gates will be in D. See response above.

I can't imagine a fit person taking 15 minutes from B/C to D.

It's not the solution I would prefer, but it's a workable solution.
Well the new DL D gates are all the way at the end of the pier. So you have to walk from between B/C to D and then to pretty much the furthest gate in D. Yes it is managable but a bit of a pain.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by nova08
Well the new DL D gates are all the way at the end of the pier. So you have to walk from between B/C to D and then to pretty much the furthest gate in D. Yes it is managable but a bit of a pain.
But if you're on NW metal and have to check luggage (or traveling with some one who has to) and you have 45 extra minutes from when you clear security, you can spend 30 of it going from the E concourse to the club and back, and have about 10 minutes to 'relax' in the club .....

I'm allowing about 5 minutes to check into the club and find a place to sit.

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.