US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Multiple agents have confirmed for me that points earned with a FlexPerks Visa are forfeited when the card is canceled, even if you also have an Amex FlexPerks card.
If this is true, I would say that the best work around is, if you have a spouse, to get them a FlexPerks card and transfer the points to their account.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Experiencing purchasing an Alaska ticket for AS MVPG?

My annual fee is up, and I don't feel like paying it for another year. Have been sitting on 40K points, never finding that 'ideal' itinerary.

I'm thinking of purchasing a ticket close to $800 on Alaska (or two $400 tickets), and then a few days later, calling Alaska to cancel the reservation.
As a Alaska 75K member, I won't get charged a change fee, but I'm wondering whether the value of the ticket will go to my Alaska wallet for future ticket purchases?

Any Alaska MVPG/ MVPG 75Ks have experience trying this?

On a related note, does anybody have experience claiming the $25 travel allowance for an AS Gift Card? Looks like AS will sell GC's starting at $25...

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
My annual fee is up, and I don't feel like paying it for another year. Have been sitting on 40K points, never finding that 'ideal' itinerary.

I'm thinking of purchasing a ticket close to $800 on Alaska (or two $400 tickets), and then a few days later, calling Alaska to cancel the reservation.
As a Alaska 75K member, I won't get charged a change fee, but I'm wondering whether the value of the ticket will go to my Alaska wallet for future ticket purchases?

Any Alaska MVPG/ MVPG 75Ks have experience trying this?

On a related note, does anybody have experience claiming the $25 travel allowance for an AS Gift Card? Looks like AS will sell GC's starting at $25...

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Check to see if you can downgrade to the no annual fee version of whichever card you have. There are two Visa FlexPerks cards (one with and one without annual fee) and two Amex cards (likewise). I'm not sure if the points are maintained, but that should be verified by a quick chat or call.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: MP 1P, QF Silver, WN CP, HH Diamond, PC Spire, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Both of the cards have the same FlexPerks account number, but they are displayed separately (I.e. One has 0 points because it's new...the other has all of my old points from the Visa). When I tried to transfer the points, it came up with an error.
Your flexpoints # is not your credit card number. In Reward Center look under your account profile to see your FlexPoints #.

Also, for all those asking about the annual relationship $49 refund, I believe that's for having the platinum checking account. Not 100% sure though
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by xaliasx
Your flexpoints # is not your credit card number. In Reward Center look under your account profile to see your FlexPoints #.

Also, for all those asking about the annual relationship $49 refund, I believe that's for having the platinum checking account. Not 100% sure though
That's what I've been told by customer service representatives, but there are reports that the gold checking account is sufficient. https://saverocity.com/chasingthepoints/must-read-thinking-us-bank-customer/

I'll wait it out and see how it turns out for me.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Check to see if you can downgrade to the no annual fee version of whichever card you have. There are two Visa FlexPerks cards (one with and one without annual fee) and two Amex cards (likewise). I'm not sure if the points are maintained, but that should be verified by a quick chat or call.
Thanks, but even downgrading to a free version of the card to keep the points means I need to keep hoping for that 'ideal' redemption of $399 or $799 (thereabouts...)
If I am able to convert these points to an AS ticket I can then, as a Gold Elite, cancel and deposit into my wallet, I can use the value in any increment I choose.

Still hoping to hear from an AS Elite that tried this...

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by xaliasx

Yep, my actual FlexPerks member number is the same for both my visa and my Amex, so there is no way to transfer points between the two cards. They are separate buckets apparently, and you can't transfer between them, according to a supervisor that I talked to when I called.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:49 pm

US Bank has promos from time to time. IME, they take a long time to pay out, usually the statement after the full 8-10 weeks in the T&C's have passed. Unfortunately, the long wait caused me to miss out on a flight redemption.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:12 pm

How to lower Cash Advance limit on US Bank FlexPerks card?

Hello FT!
I was wondering if anyone can share their experience lowering or how to lower my cash advance limit on my American Express USbank Flexperks card. Thank you
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Lower it? A bit unusual; most people want their limits raised. That said, have you asked them? If you have, what did they say? If you haven't, you might try that.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Efrem
Lower it? A bit unusual; most people want their limits raised. That said, have you asked them? If you have, what did they say? If you haven't, you might try that.
Not if the OP is asking for MS purposes.

Lowering cash advance rate to 0 protects the OP against charges being run as a cash advance (with all the negatives associated with it plus no miles) since it would just decline the charge.

As for the question - not sure but you should be able to get it lowered via AMEX chat or just calling in. I AMEX chat about my Gold card whenever I have issues or questions and they are pretty good.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Ive asked on a few cards not for MS purposes but too make sure i dont do something stupid like take a cash advance from an ATM. Ive just been told once you take the reduction its harder to get it increased. It should just be as simple as calling.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

This is an Amex-network card issued by US Bank. American Express does not issue or service this account. CRNA will need to contact US Bank to request the change.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
If this is true, I would say that the best work around is, if you have a spouse, to get them a FlexPerks card and transfer the points to their account.
I just checked for my wife and she has a 20,000 point offer for $500 in spending on the AMEX card but no relationship bonus listed. I guess I could open an account for her, transfer the points on my Visa card to her, and then at the end of the year if they won't waive the annual fee, just transfer the points back to my AMEX card. I just emailed them again about the relationship bonus, since I'm seeing the offer on my login again. This time, I included the wording from the online offer.

Last edited by MisterBill; Aug 7, 2015 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:35 pm

So I got a response from US Bank regarding the relationship bonus.

"xxxx, we recently received your correspondence regarding the Annual Membership Fee for this account, and we are happy to assist you. Our records indicate that we will automatically award 3,500 bonus FlexPoints to pay for the Annual Membership Fee to this account when the annual spending exceeds $24,000.00."

This was after quoting them the wording in their offer. I'd ask if they are always this incompetent, but I know the answer. This is absolutely amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.